Which Tornado do you want?

CyMPAK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When we say Tornado everyone thinks of a bomber that darting at low altitude and releasing bombs, the only real Tornado is that, all the other versions are to be excluded from the calculation. A system for automatic low-altitude flight and a lot of fuel ha ha ha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Will it be ever be like that again.... watch and be surprised yourself especially search the comments for timestamps.. there is so much happening. Digital Integration Tornado => ~10MB

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

IDS hands down please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I thought IDS would be without question :megalol:

But which sub-variant do you guys want?

I would opt for a very late GR.1 + GR.1A + GR.1B (1995-2000)

Could live with all the other variants, somehow at least :joystick:

But 4* ALARMs in loiter mode + the belly free for more toys causes me wet low-level-retro-dreams...

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman

I thought IDS would be without question :megalol:

But which sub-variant?

I opt for a very late GR.1 + GR.1A + GR.1B (1995-2000)

Could live with all the other variants, somehow at least :joystick:

But 4* ALARMs in loiter mode + the belly free for more toys causes me wet low-level-dreams...

+1

The Alarms in game at the moment have totally the wrong flight profile. Lobby some Alarms over an airfield while they get jp233 spread over them would be the best fun since 1992

IDS for sure however....

Half of all the things that made Tornado enjoyable for me was flight-planning. I could spend a lot of time optimizing my flight-plan. Making use of terrain masking and minimizing exposure to AA defences. Time management so as to arrive with all 4 aircraft within a few seconds to strike an airfield.

This, I believe, is an essential part of the module (*if* ED is planning to create this module at all). The mission editor in DCS should be updated to allow for quick and easy planning "Tornado-way".

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

+1

The Alarms in game at the moment have totally the wrong flight profile. Lobby some Alarms over an airfield while they get jp233 spread over them would be the best fun since 1992

:robot: Oh man that would be so cool!

2nd hope would be an early GR.4 but late GR.1 (and maybe sub-variants A and B) would be awesome :joystick:

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 months later...

Tornado GR4. Heatblur has already done wing sweep, multicrew, AI rear-seater, and their own air to ground radar. Probably the hardest things about simulating this aircraft. This is the perfect project for them. I really hope they do it.

• 1 month later...
Page two? Can't be having that.

eac6ccb8e88e170cb1866a5c69e90b58.jpg

I miss seeing those jets in the late 80's, early 90's. :cry: Today stuff is way too stealthy.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

The 3rd party devs are our only hope after Nick Grey ruled out ED doing it.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The 3rd party devs are our only hope after Nick Grey ruled out ED doing it.

I still very much hope that Heatblur is currently working on a Tornado. :worthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Perhaps TrueGrit would also be a suitable candidate. Only then, I'm afraid we will have to wait a long time for the tornado, 'cause they have a lot to do with the EF.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I searched for some documentation on the IDS Variants. These MFDs/Screens seen in some Pictures came with ASSTA 2 already. Regarding German variants and classification I see chances for ASSTA 2 in DCS.

In regards of the british variants I go with GR.4. Based on Infos from the Web the GR.1 variant had no FLIR, LASER, GPSWR and no night time operation capabilities. So it is GR.4 for me. And GR.4 is a 1998 Modernisation. So it should be possible to get it into DCS. Since the Tornado is retired in the UK the chance to get former classified documentation and information should be higher.

I am not sure how accurate those informations on the web are. Maybe some experts and some active or former tornado pilots can shed some light on those variants and its differences.

My bets for Heatblur doing Tornado IDS Gr.4 or similar are pretty high, after experiencing their great work with the F-14B Tomcat. I would say 80:20 chance. It would fit Heatblur very well.

It should be possible for Heatblur to get well and swift through development on such an Tornado IDS Project, since all the experience they made with the Tomcat.

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"