Current Asset Pack List (subject to change)

NineLine

Ideally we'd like to present a consistent customer voice to the supplier on this issue, hence why suggestions to expand the scenario tend to get the reaction you're seeing. In the long run, however, there is no real objection to more WW2 content . . . It's about focus, and finishing what was started first.

I won't disagree with you and that makes complete sense. I'd also agree with the rest of what you've said. The only thing I would reiterate, and this only in case I've poorly communicated it thus far, is that the barrier to entry for other scenarios using this same map and many of the resources is low. For instance, a Battle of Britain scenario is not THAT far away. I'm good with waiting for it till AFTER the post-invasion stuff is hashed out, I'm not advocating taking focus away from that. I'm simply wanting to ensure that the desire for focus doesn't present an idea that there isn't a desire for other scenarios.

I'll duck out now. Your explanation makes complete sense.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

And exceedingly rare. 91 produced, 41 lost at Kursk. Of the remaining 50, two were turned into recovery vehs and all the remaining ones that were operational went to sPzJgrAbt 653 which sent one company to Italy and the remainder to the eastern front.

As far as I know, none served in Normandy. Perhaps this is a hint about the upcoming WWII map.

And exceedingly rare. 91 produced, 41 lost at Kursk. Of the remaining 50, two were turned into recovery vehs and all the remaining ones that were operational went to sPzJgrAbt 653 which sent one company to Italy and the remainder to the eastern front.

As far as I know, none served in Normandy. Perhaps this is a hint about the upcoming WWII map.

I take it as a hint especially the one screenshot of one covered in snow. Last I knew Normandy map doesn’t have winter?

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• ED Team

I don't think the Asset Pack, nor DCS World WWII was ever meant to be limited to one area. They are working on 2 WWII maps, and Wags did say the new Free one will be one that can swap between modern and WWII at some point, although the Elefant wouldn't fit there either ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

:unsure:

I don't think the Asset Pack, nor DCS World WWII was ever meant to be limited to one area. They are working on 2 WWII maps, and Wags did say the new Free one will be one that can swap between modern and WWII at some point, although the Elefant wouldn't fit there either ;)

:unsure: so what you're saying is that they put high priority on an asset that we are not getting an appropriate map for in lieu of assets that were in the original list that we paid for and could use now? We could of course use the Caucasus map but further North would be more appropriate. The reality is that we don't logically need the Elefant until we have a T-34 or an Italian map.

So back to the speculation, does the Elefant then fit into one of the other two planned WWII maps we are going to get presumably in the next few years?

He also said the free map would allow for carrier operations.

So IF one were to assume an area where both an aircraft carrier might operate and German Elephants on the eastern front during WWII, that reduces the possibilities greatly.

Baltic Sea area? Sweeden, Finland, Poland, Baltic States.

Stockholm to St. Petersburg is 430mi/690km.

Could allow for hot-war(WWII) & cold-war.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

They served on 3 fronts besides Kursk (and all the way back to Berlin), Battle of the Bulge, Operation Nordwind and Battle of Anzio.

The latter being very carrier operation oriented if you include Corsica and Sardinia (Sicily might be outside the map size?), plus Corsica and Sardinia saw a lot of air action during WWII, them being the base for multiple P-47 squadrons.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hey I would like to thank ED for all the work they have done so far on the WWII era stuff. Keep up the good work guys.

This right here, keep it up guys. Rush!! Rush!! On my WW2 modules and performance updates please. :lol:

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

He also said the free map would allow for carrier operations.

So IF one were to assume an area where both an aircraft carrier might operate and German Elephants on the eastern front during WWII, that reduces the possibilities greatly.

Baltic Sea area? Sweeden, Finland, Poland, Baltic States.

Stockholm to St. Petersburg is 430mi/690km.

Could allow for hot-war(WWII) & cold-war.

Yes, he said it would be good for current WWII and carrier operations but not appropriate for the Elefant. So it would appear that the free map will not be the ones you mentioned and it will be some time before we have a map that it served on.

It will be great to have the list of the first post updated.

This list is quite old:

Last edited by NineLine; 10-06-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Are the vehicles/aircraft in the free additions section on page 1 a complete list of units to be added in the next WW2 update, or are there additional units not listed that will be included as well?

The allies seem kind of empty comparing their tanks, tank destroyers, etc. with the germans.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Are the vehicles/aircraft in the free additions section on page 1 a complete list of units to be added in the next WW2 update, or are there additional units not listed that will be included as well?

The allies seem kind of empty comparing their tanks, tank destroyers, etc. with the germans.

List has not been update from 2017, has some addition on 2018 and 2019, and coming a next update on summer I think.

On list missing as release:

M-12 GMC 155mm Artillery

M-30 Cargo Carrier

Kommandogerät 40

Horch 901 Type 4 kfz 21 Staff car

M2A1 Halftrack

Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad

Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma

Sd.Kfz. 251

Sd.Kfz. 7

StuG IV

Barrage ballons

As in progress:

A-20G Havok Light Bomber

C-47 Dakota

Ju-88A-4/Torp

E-boat Schnellboot type S-130

Type VII-С/41 sub

Centaur IV close support tank

Flak-41

Flakscheinwerfer 37 German search lights

M10 "Wolverine" tank destroyer

Maschinenstz 33

Sd.Kfz.184 Elefant tank destroyer

StuG III

The others has planned yet and more to coming.

Avro Lancaster

B-24 Liberator

B-25 Mitchel

B-26 Invader

Bf 109 G-6

Hawker Typhoon

Heinkel 111 Bomber

More WW2 land, sea and air unit

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Wheres the list of what was supposed to be coming later on gone? Its not on the store page anymore....... Or here.

Theres a Stuka in the new I-16 trailer (as well as the Ju88). Is that gonna be part of the assets pack or is this something a 3rd party is making?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Wheres the list of what was supposed to be coming later on gone? Its not on the store page anymore....... Or here.

Theres a Stuka in the new I-16 trailer (as well as the Ju88). Is that gonna be part of the assets pack or is this something a 3rd party is making?

The list is the first post by nineline on the first page, it hasn't been updated in a long time though. However the post before yours from Silver_Dragon has a lot of the stuff that isn't in the OP.

What trailer is that, I just watched the I-16 trailer and there's not stukas or Ju88s in it at all, just I-16s and Bf-109s.

The list is the first post by nineline on the first page, it hasn't been updated in a long time though. However the post before yours from Silver_Dragon has a lot of the stuff that isn't in the OP.

What trailer is that, I just watched the I-16 trailer and there's not stukas or Ju88s in it at all, just I-16s and Bf-109s.

Thats a list of whats out so far. Back when it first came out there was a list of planned units including a G-6 and A-8 AI as well as a few other things. Its not on the store page or here anymore........

I saw it in this trailer:

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Thats a list of whats out so far. Back when it first came out there was a list of planned units including a G-6 and A-8 AI as well as a few other things. Its not on the store page or here anymore........

I saw it in this trailer:

i think the unit on I-16 trailer has a Mod. The Ju-88, Ju-87 and Bf-109 has not very good shape.

I maintain the old list on the "unofficial" roadmap (check my signature bellow) and I put the news show by Coyote and others ED members on the russian and other forum section about WW2 assets pack, meanwhile, I only can wait for news about the new assets pack incoming. Has the same situation the incoming and planned assets coming to "cold war" and "modern" times.

Of course, the Assets pack WW2 product page, require a update.