NO TRACK LAUNCH is driving me loco!

GazAce

Hey good pilots!

I keep getting a "NO TRACK LAUNCH IHBT" message when I go to use my MAV missile. I'm following everything to the letter as in the way of setting up both my MFCDs and DSMS but I can't seem to get a lock or actually no hang on.. I DO get a lock but when I go to fire away that pesky mesg pops up and stops me from doing so and yet in the Training tutorial with the instructor it all worked fine. It only works if I tick the Game Flight Mode and Game Avionics Mode in the Difficulties Options Menu, then it works fine but it's kinda too easy and also shows in each top corner of my 55" UHD Samsung tele these huge TAD and TGP displays when I use F2 or F3 etc for external views which is annoying, so wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of those and also is there any way of changing the color or brightness on HUD Display? I know, asking a lot here.

Peace out, G :)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

You can change the colour of the HUD from green (day setting) to orange (night setting) via a day/night switch just under the master arm switches on the left of the main front panel. If you want a different colour you have to use a mod.

The brightness is adjusted by a rocker switch on the up front control panel just below the HUD.

Not sure what's going on with your Mavericks, I have never had that issue so can't help there I'm afraid.....sorry.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hey that's great, thank you very much for those tips fellas and I've finally sorted the MAV issue, was just a matter of trial and error and more practice and yes you def have to get within good range. For any A-10C newbies like me out there, there's a good little mission called River Run where you have to take out 6 bunkers along a river as you come in from the sea and the SAMS get harder as you progress further along the river. I've only got to No. 2 so far haha, anyway I reckon it's a good one cause you get to use a number of different missiles and bombs.

• Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• 2 weeks later...
Hey that's great, thank you very much for those tips fellas and I've finally sorted the MAV issue, was just a matter of trial and error and more practice and yes you def have to get within good range. For any A-10C newbies like me out there, there's a good little mission called River Run where you have to take out 6 bunkers along a river as you come in from the sea and the SAMS get harder as you progress further along the river. I've only got to No. 2 so far haha, anyway I reckon it's a good one cause you get to use a number of different missiles and bombs.

I've found you can work all the way up river if you climb the whole way. You need to be at or above 20,000' by the last bunker to avoid its defenses.

:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I have to agree with TS, last time more than on previous occasions I get a "no track launch". Looks like locking a target with the mav is much, much more difficult than before, and sometimes even impossible.

I've been making a SPI in the TGP and switching to the Maverick, which has the target dead centre in the crosshairs...no lock, I have to move the seeker head and it locks. doesn't matter what direction I move it, it's a little annoying.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

I've been making a SPI in the TGP and switching to the Maverick, which has the target dead centre in the crosshairs...no lock, I have to move the seeker head and it locks. doesn't matter what direction I move it, it's a little annoying.

Set the MAV as sensor of interest and hit TMS up to lock the target.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

If you - thanks to TGP - are certain that your seeker is on target, but you can't seem to get a lock, you could try going in Force Correlate Mode.

Hold the boat switch in center for one second until a full center crosshair appears, reach launch zone and fire away. Just keep in mind this sets the target to the ground and won't follow any moving targets.

Thanks for the heads up FlyingPhotog, so far I've managed to take out 5 of them... was sooooo close. Man this is one tough mission!

Edited by GazAce

• 1 year later...

What "sorted" it out ?

What was the issue ? I am having same ...

You should read the a10c flight manual page 568 to 570. If that doesnt help, it means you are not with in range to lock the target.

The problem is known and reported as a bug. Mavs DO have a tendency to be unable to get a lock in this version.

• 1 year later...

Ran a Shooter-Shooter Mavericks (two jets, two Hotel Mavs per jet) during a training sortie yesterday, splashed 4 Zu-23 in about 5 seconds, from circa 5 miles out. Doesn't appear to be a global problem.

If anyone with this type of problem could post a track (short, preferably), that might help us narrow it down.