Lantrin Pilot Control Mod - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #21
Bearfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
Start with some delay between the command and execution... then you realize you don't say "do this" as a pilot. It's RIO who says "fly 120 steady... got some LBS to drop"... and you do this - fly - not play with his toys.
(1) then add some delay to execution. This is, in fact, how jester is modeled now with other aspects anyway. Point is to reduce the fiddling with game interface (menus's etc) and keep focus on the world. If the sole justification of the menu being more realistic is to force a delay, then it is the least realistic way to go about doing it (as opposed to having jester take a while to respond).

(2) "fly 120 steady... got some LBS to drop".. Yep, would LOVE to fly that way. So the solution would be to get Jester smart enough to carry out the mission (including decided what to drop, how to drop, when to drop etc., covering both preplanned or ad hoc targets) and just tell the pilot how/where to fly or radically upgrade Iceman so that the (single) player can take up the RIO seat 100% while Iceman flies reasonable combat maneuevers. Either of those would be the realistic simulation approach. But again, not seeing how going through a complex series of multiple steps on a graphical menu that obscures pilot vision and takes up pilot attention is more realistic than just binding the commands to a key.

But again, I have never sat in either seat IRL nor have I done a single A2G mission in the Tomcat yet!
Bearfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:43 PM   #22
Baco

Oh so basically if you don´t have a friend with you, you are ban from using the Tomcat on line...

Can i Get a refund then pelase...
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #23
Dino Might

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
And you think it's ok in the sim? Look, the people don't care how you mod/cheat/misuse the game in SP - only the MP they have a problem with.

Yes it is. But it's OT here and not HB fault.

I still cant understand the view that this is unacceptable in multiplayer because its breaking some arbitrary realism threshold. In real life, you would have a RIO. You wouldnt be flying every mission as TOO with no support. You wouldnt be doing a million other things that are done regularly in multiplayer that break with reality far more.

The F14 with Jester works pretty well as intended. The F14 with the LANTIRN pilot mod still pretty well simulates F14 capabilities. That the pilot is activating the buttons vice a backseater is pretty immaterial.

IT IS NOT GIVING THE AIRCRAFT ANY CAPABILITIES IT DID NOT HAVE.
If your complaint is having 1 person able to play the F14 rather than requiring two, then your real argument is with Jester and the entire concept of multi crew airframes in DCS. Get rid of the Huey, the Mi8, the Gazelle, and all the other aircraft that let you flip switches on the copilot panel.

Lastly, have you used this mod? Are you concerned that it is easier for the F14 to employ LGBs somehow? I can tell you, it's not easier as one person doing the work of two people. It is easier to have one person available to play than to have two available at the same time - that's it.

My comparisons are not OT because you are bringing reality challenges as the rationale for banning the mod. I contend that many things done in multiplayer grant totally unrealistic capabilities to many aircraft and still get a pass from you, so your views on this mod are based on a double standard.

Last edited by Dino Might; 09-17-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:21 PM   #24
Dino Might

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco View Post
Oh so basically if you don´t have a friend with you, you are ban from using the Tomcat on line...

Can i Get a refund then pelase...

Only banned from servers run by neckbeards who say "acchually" every other sentence.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote