How long has the F-16 been under development?

MobiSev

I might already have the hornet, and as much as i already feel like I am on " team hornet" nonethelees f16 is still is a must have addition to my virtual hangar . Its still an aircraft I have hype for

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Release date is....? :)

According to Steam, September 25 2019 :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

• ED Team
According to Steam, September 25 2019 :doh:

As we've said many times, that is just a "best case" date because we had to enter a date to list the product on Steam. The best and most accurate date is sometime in early Autumn 2019.

As we've said many times, that is just a "best case" date because we had to enter a date to list the product on Steam. The best and most accurate date is sometime in early Autumn 2019.

But its way more fun to watch the amature astrologers and psychics do their thing. At least it was for the F14.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

While some art initially started years ago, we had to throw out that initial work out due to changes in the engine and staffing. The project re-started from scratch with art starting in October of last year, and flight model and systems starting in April of this year.

As you can see, progress has been rapid, to say the least.

Thanks

That's the kind of info I'm really interested in hearing about module development. I'm really shocked, even if you could reuse some stuff from Hornet dev (unknown), that you guys can move that quickly. That's crazy fast, tbh, even acknowledging it'll launch missing some features.

Compliments to the teams )

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Autumn begins on the 23rd September or is that different in Sweden?

It depends on whether you use the the meteorological or astronomical definition (autumnal equinox) of autumn. The meteorological definition is when the normal average day temperature (measured at 0600, 1200 and 1800 UTC) is between 0 and 10°C and decreasing.

• ED Team
It depends on whether you use the the meteorological or astronomical definition (autumnal equinox) of autumn. The meteorological definition is when the normal average day temperature (measured at 0600, 1200 and 1800 UTC) is between 0 and 10°C and decreasing.

Autumn 2019 starts on Monday, September 23, 2019 and ends on Sunday, December 22nd 2019

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'd imagine the release of the Viper will not clash with the JF-17, rumoured for the 1rst of October. You'd think ED would like not to compete with Deka for cash, especially as the JF-17 is likely a good deal more complete and operational than the F-16. So either ED beats Deka to the punch for sales/cash by a release before the end of this month or the Viper will be released a lot closer to xmas. As for the aircraft carrier module, again is it likely this year and will it clash with the Viper release.

LOL, thanks for showing up.

:megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'd imagine the release of the Viper will not clash with the JF-17, rumoured for the 1rst of October. You'd think ED would like not to compete with Deka for cash, especially as the JF-17 is likely a good deal more complete and operational than the F-16. So either ED beats Deka to the punch for sales/cash by a release before the end of this month or the Viper will be released a lot closer to xmas. As for the aircraft carrier module, again is it likely this year and will it clash with the Viper release.

I think that Oct1 date is again, wishful astrology. I'll happily be wrong though.

Why does it even matter how long this module has been in development? To asses how quickly or slowly they are working on it?? The only important thing is that we will have a quality product that represents the F-16 Viper in DCS.

As expected, the thread also transformed into a release date speculation.

Well, wer're not waiting for some weather phenomenon, so it's of course the astronomical/calendaric definition ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Autumn 2019 starts on Monday, September 23, 2019 and ends on Sunday, December 22nd 2019

And when does the "early Autumn 2019" end? :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The season is three months long, so I would roughly consider the whole first month “early” (the second being mid and the last being late). So, they have until October 23ish to be on time? However, I’m guessing they’ll have it out before then.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

The F-16 has been available for preorder for months, it's hardly "competing for cash". There is also the fact that while some people are waiting for the JF-17 others have zero interest in it so they are two different markets.

As far as the clashing with the carrier module and releasing the Viper closer to Christmas...me thinks your crystal ball is in need of calibration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.