Wrong RWR?

Beamscanner

The recent ED Viper videos shows the DCS F-16C with an F/A-18 ALR-67 RWR scope rather than the Vipers ALR-69/56M scope.

The latest video on navigation even shows the "N" symbol found in the Hornet RWR.

So is this just a copy/paste issue? Even if it is, the textures for the scope should be different.

mgPtcjC.jpg?1

YfpAG0T.jpg?1

In that case, ED should delay the EA release for a year or more so that they can make sure every little detail is correct at the start of EA.

This is not a little detail. This is something specific to the F-16. Something that doesn't matter would be a pilot skin or something like that. Even if non functional, the correct RWR display should at least be there, even for EA.

I would rather have a functional rwr from the wrong plane then no rwr at all.

It's early access pre-release, by definition it isn't complete.

The Hornet initially had the threat rings displaying the wrong threat level, but it was fixed in an update.

I'm sure the Viper will have things that aren't implemented yet, but crucially it will have things that are implemented wrong, and they'll be fixed in an update.

We all want an authentic and accurate Viper, but during early access pre-release, especially during the initial release, we should expect things to be wrong, point them out when we know, and expect a fix down the line.

As with all modules, if you need it to 100% right from day one, wait for release. Some people have rightly chosen to do that with the Hornet, they new they wouldn't like the bugs or inaccuracies so they stayed out, and while I'd still say to them the bugs and inaccuracies are worth putting up with, I can respect that decision.

Buying a released module that claims to be complete and complaining about inaccuracies can also be respected, if done the right way, and even when done wrong, at least the complaint is valid.

But buying into an unfinished module prior to release and complaining it isn't 100% authentic doesn't get my respect, ED never claimed early access pre-release modules are feature complete.

I wouldn't delay purchasing the Viper because it has the ALR-67 instead of the ALR-69 because I'm sure that would be fixed, if it even happens.

In that case, ED should delay the EA release for a year or more so that they can make sure every little detail is correct at the start of EA.

If they take a year to fix it then I prefer that the EA be made only 3 months before the coplete version.

One year of life while I'm paying is not a small thing

If they take a year to fix it then I prefer that the EA be made only 3 months before the coplete version.

One year of life while I'm paying is not a small thing

EA can be as long as you like, you don't need to buy it at any point in EA. You could make EA be only one day, it's entirely your decision.

Guys chill out. The devs have said it will be fixed, early access means you are by definition flying an unfinished product. It will be done when it’s done. If that’s before or after it goes into EA it doesn’t really matter. It’s confirmed that it’s a placeholder currently and will be corrected. That’s all that needs to be said.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I am a whole lot happier with 'especially during the initial release, we should expect things to be wrong, point them out when we know, and expect a fix down the line.' - and having confidence they will actually get fixed with frequent updates....compared to incorrect/broken features that never get fixed on a module with no updates...

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am a whole lot happier with 'especially during the initial release, we should expect things to be wrong, point them out when we know, and expect a fix down the line.' - and having confidence they will actually get fixed with frequent updates....compared to incorrect/broken features that never get fixed on a module with no updates...

what he said ^ :thumbup:

Action After Contemplation

This thread is funny...its EA for crying out loud...ask for a refund and buy it when it's fixed. I for one don't care, I paid for an EA aircraft, I'm more interested in flying the damn thing.

man you guys b*tch...wow...Let them finish the damn EA module then complain...if you must..which you will.

IF the RWR didn't warn you of threats it would be a different story but it does warn you, you guys are mad it's a hornet RWR...does it matter? I does the job until it can be replaced, it's something minor in the grand scheme of things.

I am honestly amazed Wags answers questions around here....

Edited by SmoglessPanic

This thread is funny...its EA for crying out loud...ask for a refund and buy it when it's fixed. I for one don't care, I paid for an EA aircraft, I'm more interested in flying the damn thing.

man you guys b*tch...wow...Let them finish the damn EA module then complain...if you must..which you will.

IF the RWR didn't warn you of threats it would be a different story but it does warn you, you guys are mad it's a hornet RWR...does it matter? I does the job until it can be replaced, it's something minor in the grand scheme of things.

I am honestly amazed Wags answers questions around here....

Welcome to the wonderful world of DCS :P This is nothing new, and just wait until the Viper actually launches. The screaming about trivial shit you see now is nothing compared to what you'll see then.

So what if the RWR has ONE wrong symbology. It's Early Access, and completely WIP (Work in Progress for those of you that don't know your TLAs). It's a VERY minor issue, at the VERY best, and if you can't handle that something that isn't even out yet isn't 100%, then maybe DCS isn't for you.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DCS :P This is nothing new, and just wait until the Viper actually launches. The screaming about trivial shit you see now is nothing compared to what you'll see then.

So what if the RWR has ONE wrong symbology. It's Early Access, and completely WIP (Work in Progress for those of you that don't know your TLAs). It's a VERY minor issue, at the VERY best, and if you can't handle that something that isn't even out yet isn't 100%, then maybe DCS isn't for you.

I appreciate your response and insight:

I am beginning to find this out, it's a bit depressing and annoying because it drowns out the people who actually want to be positive about things. I fully agree, if you can't handle a WIP/EA product then don't buy it, plain and simple. Saying well I paid so I deserve so and so doesn't mean a damn thing really when you knew what you signed up for and also paid for (WIP/EA)...smh

At this stage all I want is to fly in my favorite plane and in my favorite servers, I would take it with just seeker head Aim 9's like the F-5 at this point without RWR, I dont care I just want to be in the cockpit.

Edited by SmoglessPanic

Eh, you learn to not care about the over-entitled screaming tosspots after a while. Hell, I actually find them amusing these days! It's the same screaming on every single module.

I personally don't care if the RWR isn't 100% at EA. I'm MUCH more concerned about the flightmodel and general procedures of operating the damn thing, and I can overlook small issues like wrong symbology in the RWR. Besides, it'll get fixed in time, and it's a cosmetic issue at best.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

• ED Team

The RWR is currently on a pre release F-16, it is W.I.P and we will see changes as development continues.

Remember please this is early access you are buying into, this will make the process a lot easier for everyone.

I will close this thread for now.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2