Tips on Dogfighting at night?

WelshZeCorgi

I'm finding that the Campaign for the MIG-21Bision are mostly at night. Wondering if there are any tips for someone on how to dogfight something you can't see? (except by radar.)

One thing I notice that I need help with is when I pick up a contact on the scope and see it on the left or right of my heading. When I turn to get the contact in the proper center to lock it up, it just disappears from the scope all together then its just flailing around to find it again. Is there a rate of turn that I need to stay under to have the radar properly collect radar returns that it sends out?

Interception only at night time. You hit and run to the base. No dogfight.

When you get radar contact to the right or left do small corrections and take care to keep your last heading after the correction. If contact still not show in scope, do an inverted and scan slight down.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interception only at night time. You hit and run to the base. No dogfight.

When you get radar contact to the right or left do small corrections and take care to keep your last heading after the correction. If contact still not show in scope, do an inverted and scan slight down.

How do you navigate? I get the rsbn and arc, but a lot of the target points are not by any of the stations. Like mission 3, it's in the middle of the mountains.

How do you navigate? I get the rsbn and arc, but a lot of the target points are not by any of the stations. Like mission 3, it's in the middle of the mountains.

During an intercept you should be guided by ground controllers, hence the term GCI: Ground Controlled Intercept.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is not a bug, it's how that radar work. If you put the radar elevation in the F18 and go inverted, it should work too.

It is not how the radar works. The radar is stabilized in a range of 70° to both sides in roll to the horizon. Whatever happens afterwards I do not know, but it will for sure not center itself in the opposite position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not how the radar works. The radar is stabilized in a range of 70° to both sides in roll to the horizon. Whatever happens afterwards I do not know, but it will for sure not center itself in the opposite position.

Whether it does or does not, the Bison radar gets clogged with ground returns when it looks towards the ground, I doubt I'd be able to pick out the contact through all that.

You can still lock the contacts. you will not have SA but if you can block it you can kill it.

Chinook lover - Rober -

I use ARC when I am close to the hot area (look for the closest station in that area) and if I want more accurate position in low altitude where RSBN do not reach, then I ask to AWACS direction to Home Plate and then you will get your position respect your base.

About inverted in interception and radar. I guess you are intercepting in a climb, also I guess you use your radar only in this climb because your radar is for the last moment of the interception. At day time I use radar if it is too cloudy and when I carry R-3R. The use of the radar in day time is not always needed. Radar is for bad weather condition and night time. In dogfight only use R-60 missile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]