Auto-start broken in latest 2.1 Nevada map

docWilly

KA 50 auto-start seems to be broken (don´t know if this is a new issue or an old one.... because I recently installed KA50 on this map).

Auto-start brings left engine to life but not the right one. Manual starting the right engine thereafter with APU of course works.

If you believe it to be an issue of the module, pls look into it.

Thank you very much!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 1 year later...

Well, it's an old thread and only about Nevada, but I'm wondering if it's a general problem? I tried Autostart on Caucasus in the 4th mission of the "Memories of the Hero" campaign and the right engine also didn't start.

I think it's trying to start the right engine before the left engine has started up completely?

• 11 months later...

Can confirm broken autostart in Caucasus map in MP. Left engine running, right engine needs to be cranked and then started with APU.

Georgia Reign - Dynamic PVE WAR - v3.0.77-20190907-080645.zip

Edited by Kappi
Added Trk file

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• ED Team

Hi all

I am unable to reproduce.

Can you please attach a short track from MP showing this happen, I will be happy to take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239623&page=2

Page 2 has an explaination of what is happening (basically autostart timing doesn't account for some weather variables) and further on is a quick guide to manually starting the right engine. Looks like the autostart script logic should be condition rather than time based to alleviate this issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi all

I am unable to reproduce.

Can you please attach a short track from MP showing this happen, I will be happy to take a look.

thanks

Added a Trk-file to my first post. But I bet you can reproduce it on the Fraternity Server, Ka-50 slot at FARP Paris ;) Everytime the right engine starts to soon and drowns.

Hope this helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• ED Team

Thanks,

I see it happen in your track, but when I test myself in the same server it is ok for me.

Temperature is the same at 23

Just check none of your bindings for your throttles are conflicting if you have them mapped.

Screen_190907_075014.thumb.jpg.032939f8b5078a519ca05554738631cb.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Haven't tried in a while, but I had it happen on PGAW every time ( the right engine failing to start ) when I was there regularily. Not on other busy servers ( like the somewhat related GAW ).

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

The engines take longer to spool up in hot/cold climate + at high altitudes, but the auto-start uses fixed timings. The right fuel cutoff gets switched too early, the engine will not ignite and stick around 20% RPM.

Just a slight variation in weather or altitude can cause this to occur, which explains why it can't be reproduced reliably. It has nothing to do with PG or any other maps.

The only proper fix would be making the auto-start dynamic so the cutoff is only being engaged at 19% engine RPM.

So, not really a bug. Just a shortcoming of the auto-start script.