DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would not.

Some things have a nasty habit of slipping through the cracks. If you knew of the amount of work that is involved then a mistake/oversight or two is to be expected and definitely not unreasonable in the circumstances.

Small oversights are to be expected, but a severe FPS hit on high end computers and the unnecessary loss of activations are not small problems. Not to mention that it seems that the FPS issues was known yet the update was released anyway (in that case why even bother having beta testers).

This may seem like the crazy idea of a mad man, but instead of trying to do too much at the same time, maybe ED should concentrate on making sure the core game works first before trying to develop further modules (and fairly useless modules like P-51).

Edited by agamemnon_b5
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow. The worst part is even if I choose to wait for a hotfix, I still have to install 1.21 (since all updates will be made automatically afterwards).

I sure hope these fixes are still downloadable. I don't want to wade through a mass of updates everytime I rebuild a machine, or just decide to re-install.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

you will only have to update once and all files you require for a complete update will be included.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I don't understand why people are getting so precious about their activations. You can always get more.. its easy, just ask. Hell 2 would do me for a year no problem, let alone 8 or so.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

What is the [AB_212] in the view.lua (PlaneIndexByType)?

From ContainerTable.sht:

--M6_2xM60C

{

file = "AB-212_m60";

life = 60;

load = { false, false};

fire = { 0, 1};

username = "AB-212_m60";

index = 161;

},

--M134

{

file = "AB-212_m134";

life = 60;

load = { false, false};

fire = { 0, 1};

username = "AB-212_m134";

index = 162;

M134 Minigun and two M60 guns :music_whistling: UH-1H?

you will only have to update once and all files you require for a complete update will be included.

How long is that going to take three, six or twelve months from now?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We get that. The point we're making is that the 'one' update we have to make, 1.21, is taking away activations.

Before I install 1.21, I need something in writing from ED/DCS where my activations will be refunded.

Small oversights are to be expected, but a severe FPS hit on high end computers and the unnecessary loss of activations are not small problems. Not to mention that it seems that the FPS issues was known yet the update was released anyway (in that case why even bother having beta testers).

This may seem like the crazy idea of a mad man, but instead of trying to do too much at the same time, maybe ED should concentrate on making sure the core game works first before trying to develop further modules (and fairly useless modules like P-51).

And then they get to hear people b**ch and moan bout still flying in Georgia, or how they want a fast mover and they are tired of the A-10C.

ED can't win with some people...

Stuff happens. With the new update hopefully we'll see fixes for issues, you mentioned, in a more timely fashion. As for the activations, ED can always "push" out more to make up for the use of an existing one.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I´m guessing if the autoupdater would fix from time to time little bugs, add new improvements one by one, solving problems, hot fix in relative short periods or the point of it it´s only for major updates, new versions and large updates.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

We get that. The point we're making is that the 'one' update we have to make, 1.21, is taking away activations.

Before I install 1.21, I need something in writing from ED/DCS where my activations will be refunded.

Oh cm'on now what's up with the drama? I honestly wonder what would happen if there comes a day when there is nothing to moan about.

Yes, it takes an activation (one). Yes, that is unfortunate but not the end of the world. If you are in the position where the activation will finish your allotted number of activations then rest assured that the activation will be automatically replenished. It has also been confirmed that the matter is been looked into.

Where/what is the dire emergency regarding activations?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

^^

We're all dooooooomed..sorry no you tube clip... On iPlod.

Can't find a good dads army one so.......

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Oh cm'on now what's up with the drama? I honestly wonder what would happen if there comes a day when there is nothing to moan about.

Yes, it takes an activation (one). Yes, that is unfortunate but not the end of the world. If you are in the position where the activation will finish your allotted number of activations then rest assured that the activation will be automatically replenished. It has also been confirmed that the matter is been looked into.

^^ :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

No, they have a valid complaint.

Nate

If I ever get a new computer, and give this (old computer) to my wife who hates my old Pentium 4... I will once again use up activations, for which I don't mind.. but using up activations for no reason at all and having to go through all the steps wondering if I bungled a simple install, because of (legal, lethal, strong) drugs, age, stupidity, oversight... etc...

:huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Appreciate the honesty.

To me, it's not so much about the activations, as much as it is the principle of releasing the update with this problem.

Either way, in the end I'll keep flying the A-10C, and upcoming F-15C

It has happened before - and was communicated to the users beforehand that it would happen and a solution was provided.

It hasn't happened this time, for whatever reason, however I am confident that everything will be made right in the end.

Nate

If I ever get a new computer, and give this (old computer) to my wife who hates my old Pentium 4... I will once again use up activations, for which I don't mind.. but using up activations for no reason at all and having to go through all the steps wondering if I bungled a simple install, because of (legal, lethal, strong) drugs, age, stupidity, oversight... etc...

:huh:

I completely agree.

Nate

Because it doesn't work and will (unless fixed) lead to having to buy 2nd, 3rd, 4th copies of something you've already paid for.

What concerns me is I realize (in the link provided) how things are suppose to work, the fact is they don't work that way. I had to buy a new copy of BS1 because of the activation server not adding an activation once you've used them all. I wrote in to support with no response after 2 months on the issue, once I did buy a unneeded (supposedly) 2nd copy it took another trouble ticket to get my new serial numbers for the new copy of BS, which took another month to get something I paid for (twice) to work correctly.

I can imagine what other users have had to go through with the present serial number allocation system. The fact that people are saying it's no big deal that the updated product has used yet another serial number is nonsensical, why would any user be asked to deal with a flaw when it was made abundantly clear that you would not need to use another activation.

I have a ticket in right now (submitted a month ago with no action) in relation to buying p-51, all i wanna do is buy the game and the website won't keep me logged in to checkout.

OK, so ED are aware of this problem and no doubt will come up with a solution. A possible solution is that they will change the 1.2.1`files on the store so that activations aren't taken. Its difficult to say right now and to be honest I don't know what they will propose or do. I cannot however imagine that they 'expect' everyone to lose an activation unecessarily.

In the meantime of course it's your decision if you want to wait for a solution before updating and we can respect that.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Because it doesn't work and will (unless fixed) lead to having to buy 2nd, 3rd, 4th copies of something you've already paid for.

What does not work?

How do you get from losing one activation (when you have 10 to start with) to having to purchase the product again?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'