Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

(Cold War Dedicated Setup Scenario):

CAP airframes:

- Blue: F15/M2K/F5

- Red: Su27/Mig29/Mig21

CAS airframes:

- Blue: A10(TGP&DL)/AJS37/M2K/F5//SA343

- Red: Su25T/Mig21/Mig29/Su27//Ka50(ABRIS)

*SEAD Su25T on red side and A10 on blue side?

- "SEAD" strike can be done with fast low level attack with guns (MiG21/F5/Viggen etc - I know its dangerous but I've seen and tried that and it works) so SEAD mission is not real concern here as IR SAMs are more dangerous and its hard to come close to S11 to fire them so this role is doubtful.

- A10 is kind of in advantage on pure CAS role so red are given ABRIS on K50. Su25 is still slower in clearing of target zones than A10 which has 6xAGM65s and Su25 2xKh29Ts.

- Pure CAS roles are kind in balance so I wouldn't mind it this way. That SEAD role is going to be upgraded by HARMs on F18 and logic counterpart would be Kh58 on Su25T.

*Middle range fighters like M2K on blue and Mig29S (with R77) on red?

- M2K is popular and lethal. It has 4 missiles and good sensors and (IR)RWR so blue would love that. On red side Mig29S with R77 is pretty match to M2K by having 6 missiles. Booth have impressive FM so dogfights would be attractive.

- Su27 should have DL (good if its EWR connected but better if fighter to fighter link also) so flanker would for sure be more popular than now. F15 is already on its peak by missile count and unmatched agility and range.

- F5 vs mig21, we already have servers like Tiger vs Fishbed so it's a match here too.

*Onboard fuel?

-All planes should have egg. minimum like 10mins of max throttle fuel available on ramp. In RF war alert state all planes are on 'ready to go' setup immediately after landing, fueled and loaded, no time to spare.

*Airframe range maps?

-I would like to see 'time spent to engagement zone' balance map. That should be corrected as front line fighters (M2K/F5/Mig29/Mig21) should be placed ahead of F15 and Su27 and always following that sample with others.

Some things are this way as above I presume but generally I'm sticking to pure 'Cold War-IF' scenario.

When you lock someone and they lag, that's just dcs netcode or fps drop. Same as when you fire a missile and it lags

On mobile so can't find link - but search for setting dcs upload / download . It's worth adding that file to ensure dcs has enough bandwidth

Hmm, okay, I will add that file, but I fly on the 104th too with a higher ping than on Buddyspike and there's no lag there whatsoever or any other server I fly on, its just on Buddyspike. Maybe the scripts or something else? Anyway, thanks, I will try that file to see if there is any improvement!

Hmm, okay, I will add that file, but I fly on the 104th too with a higher ping than on Buddyspike and there's no lag there whatsoever or any other server I fly on, its just on Buddyspike. Maybe the scripts or something else? Anyway, thanks, I will try that file to see if there is any improvement!

We have more units, statics and possibly slots ( if that matters) then nearly all other servers so the net code is fairly strained I assume already.

I've personally not seen consistent lag and all the scripts have been redone to have little impact on the server.

It's worth checking your upload as well to see if you are hitting any limits, but I doubt it. Cisco is a networking guy so might be able to offer advice?

It might be worth logging CPU usage to see if one core is saturated when you lag (dcs only uses two threads, one sound, one game)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Bug: EWR seems to not be persistent between restarts.

Ah bugger. I probably broke it. They won't be persisted within 10 km of friendly base. Are you sure it's out of that range?

Sorry won't be able to check till tomorrow

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

BUK only in Sochi, he does not shoot low-flying aircraft :) great solution for the enemy, the developers, turn on the brain please.

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

Ah bugger. I probably broke it. They won't be persisted within 10 km of friendly base. Are you sure it's out of that range?

Sorry won't be able to check till tomorrow

The biggest furthest mountain south of Vody. Map says 8.21nm from symbol on airfield to the mountain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, please knock it off.

DL works when in range of deployed EWR for Red

There is a bug where you may not be able to load it at an Airbase. If it happens, as I asked earlier, please send screenshot as it has the info I need on the radio message.

@Ciribob, just something to add to the list...the Viggen navigation systems (required for deployment of most of its weapons) are disabled due to a bug when spawned as a cold start.

Spawning with engine on fixes this as a workaround. If you find time during your next mission editing session would it be possible to make this change?

@Ciribob, just something to add to the list...the Viggen navigation systems (required for deployment of most of its weapons) are disabled due to a bug when spawned as a cold start.

Spawning with engine on fixes this as a workaround. If you find time during your next mission editing session would it be possible to make this change?

I fly the Viggen in BlueFlag (last time was just 5 minutes ago) and I have no such problems?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I fly the Viggen in BlueFlag (last time was just 5 minutes ago) and I have no such problems?

Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/C0_wlALA_Yo?t=60

Sometimes the radar compass unlocks and calibrates to a point of ~50 degrees off your actual heading. Sometimes it doesn't unlock at all and always shows a heading of North. If you're not seeing these issues please let me know how you're achieving this, because even the Instant Action cold start mission is bugged, 104th server is bugged, OpenConflict server is bugged and it's the same result for other people I fly with.

Mavericks don't require navigation system to deploy, so they're not affected. M71 bombs, ARAK rockets, and especially the BK90s are not usable in this state.

@Ciribob: The BF worst enemy is LAG! Kill that please by all means. One must find source of that as others said no lag on other servers. Only here. And getting worse. In beginning that was corrected but I have doubts that it has been initiated either by SRS or some specific mod.

@Ciribob: The BF worst enemy is LAG! Kill that please by all means. One must find source of that as others said no lag on other servers. Only here. And getting worse. In beginning that was corrected but I have doubts that it has been initiated either by SRS or some specific mod.

Maybe to many blue were on again:-)

Maybe a farther reduction in units. How about delete all M2000s and Viggens or, Delete all Su27s and F15s. (would require owning m2000) Reduce Airfields. Make it a battle of farps instead. Blue spawn at Tbilis and Red at Anapa. Use other airports for rearm refuel only. Sometimes during the day Blueflag is great. Other times its just a furball. By that I mean no one cares about capturing anything and they just fly around their M2000s (Red and Blue).

Remember just because there is a module for DCS does not mean it needs to be in the mission. I think number one goal should be a livable amount of lag.

Edited by mia389

GCI used to be able to move infantries around. Now it's not! Any reason for that?! Would be nice if we could have that feature back giving GCI more strategic capabalities.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

GCI used to be able to move infantries around. Now it's not! Any reason for that?! Would be nice if we could have that feature back giving GCI more strategic capabalities.

Remember, you can't move (or adjust settings of) anything that was spawned prior to you joining the server. Now that persistence units are a thing, this maybe what you are running into.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't played today but yesterday it was silky smooth. Even with DL on.

TJ

bahahahaha Frostie, honestly quadrouple magic2 is nearly better then double 530s because they arent suspectible to notching and they are still better then lets say the aim7 if used correctly lol. :DDDD

For the Viggen bug that thing exists indeed and will be fixed with next patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I concur this is an issue at roadbases for red. Did you have your video at an airbase? I can't watch it yet.

TJ

Many blue Mirages are at Gudauta but Mig29s are all the way to Anapa. Bullseye Sochi. Also to few Mig29 slots at all. The only counterpart to Mirage is Mig29 so it would be expected to have more on front line instead of half Mig21s.

The LAG really comes from clients with bad/high latency WiFI connections. This comes from the players, not the server or coding.

All WiFi users step forward. this is worth a discussion.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The LAG really comes from clients with bad/high latency WiFI connections. This comes from the players, not the server or coding.

All WiFi users step forward. this is worth a discussion.

Are you sure it's limited to WiFi or is it simply people with high ping? Some game frameworks fall apart for everyone on the server when a high latency client connects.

Are you sure it's limited to WiFi or is it simply people with high ping? Some game frameworks fall apart for everyone on the server when a high latency client connects.

My experience comes from a racing service that breaks up bad when you have bad latency. You would be ghosting all around just like you see on DCS. this using a Cisco usb Wifi-N card. So I decided to get it hardwired to my pc from the modem, BAM! Even with a high ping lets say 270ms (to an Aussie server)I had 0 ghosting.

People i've recomended giving it a try had very positive feedback on their game experience.

Almost forgot! There is also this weird coincidence between the server messages(farps status, bomber cal message etc...) being distributed, causing microfreeze episodes. Could this messages be sent to the webapp instead them being ingame?.

Edited by M460
Almost forgot

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]