M2000 cockpit update?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

Big improvement in VR, thanks.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Great work Timghetta/ Razbam team, thank you !

It really look better now ! I love it ! It's nice to see that Razbam continue to pamper the Mirage :)

As other ppl said, it need some fix still :

1) the bump map (outside) need to be fixed (that give “pixel art style” visible with reflexion XD)

As people already said and show in last posts here. You noticed it ;)

But, it's present even with low lighting, and in fact it's present on all the surface of the plane :

77gq.png

2) the reactor nozzle is to much dark/black (comparatively to the true Mirage):

3njb.png 25010.jpg

avmir2k_01.jpg

In fact the reactor nozzle was more realistic before the last update :D

3) Some diffuse or spec textures are strange or bugged or missed:

0iwk.png

0upu.png

4) the reflexion/specular on the mirage is little too diffused comparativly to the real one (the specular maps deserve little stronger greenish over all or just stronger contrast maybe)

5) Maybe, that can be cool, the canopy glass, from external view, deserve some scratchs and dirt when reflection comes on it, as we can see on the Viggen :

3f2a49bbf7da28f2bb113406b88b909be8e11117.jpg

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=152489&d=1480360298

The actual specular/reflexion on the canopy of the Mirage look to much perfect and "new" !

But, anyway, thanks Razbam/team for your work and update that make this Mirage growing up and evolve ! :)

++

Edited by Mav783

Another issue I identified is that for some reason (roughmets seem to be ok so I dont know if Normal maps are also causing this) there is a mismatch between the roughness/metallicness of the lower part of the fuselage with the rest (only in the belly as far as I can tell)...is noticeable in the official skins, but even more in some custom ones (which worked perfect before)...here is how it looks:

1518530280-dcs-2018-02-13-14-38-06-85.jpg

About the Nozzle, I found another issue in hte new roughmet file: the resolution of the file is extremely low...before, it was 2048x2048, now its 512x512 which leads to a huge quality loss

The problem with the too dark/metalic look is just an adjustment...I fixed myself though the metal ring is in a much bigger file so I cant upload it here but sure Tim will address it asap. Also, tried to decrease the repeated patern and make a less shiny metal (also used old good 2048x2048 texture):

1518530283-dcs-2018-02-13-14-54-47-51.jpg

Finally, wanted to make you know Tim that there is a missing roughmet for the M2KC_12C.dds file so no speculars for those pieces...just in case you are not awared of it :)

Thanks Razbam/Tim for the work!!!:thumbup:

Edited by watermanpc
  • Like 1

Take a look at my MODS here

Yes the too dark noozle is fixable, i did it also, but it break the integrity...

It will be better if Razbam do it hihi.

Also, you look like someone who maybe can know :) :

I tryed to create by myself the scratchs/dirt on the cockpit glass (exterior view), like the Viggen.

But the specular map of the cockpit don't work at all (or look like it don't).

I tryed to paint this map in every colors...i didn't notice any différence.

I speak about it here (for more details, cause i don't wanna be OS here and speak about that here too much) :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3394626&postcount=33

If you have any idea, don't hesitate to share it in the thread i linked :)

Edited by Mav783

Guys, just wanted to share with you a little mod I have been working for the last few days...the new Timghetta cockpit is amazing but couldnt resist to make a few customizations :D so now that we have Roughmet maps enabled by default I decided to try making some cool things like adding reflections for the gauges glass, more specular weathering here and there, glass material also for the hud, its edges and hud's projector, a cleaner "plastic" texture look for the hud pedestal and color uniformity, glass material for the canopy, reflectivity adjustments etc.

I have already submitted the files to the users download so it shuould be available very soon for you guys!!:)

Here are some pics:

1518969523-dcs-2018-02-18-15-30-53-73.jpg

1518969517-dcs-2018-02-18-15-23-34-43.jpg

1518969505-dcs-2018-02-18-15-27-35-94.jpg

1518969512-dcs-2018-02-18-15-24-01-46.jpg

1518969528-dcs-2018-02-18-15-29-13-54.jpg

1518969529-dcs-2018-02-18-15-34-19-19.jpg

1518969530-dcs-2018-02-18-15-32-17-75.jpg

1518969504-dcs-2018-02-18-15-24-21-19.jpg

1518969506-dcs-2018-02-18-15-27-55-08.jpg

1518969514-dcs-2018-02-18-15-23-17-48.jpg

1518970449-dcs-2018-02-18-15-25-19-41.jpg

I think it makes the pit to feel more alive imo. Hope you like it folks and again, thanks Timghetta for his great job :thumbup:

• Like 3

Verry good job waterman !

Thank you, i really enjoy your work :)

If your files is accepted in "users files" download part of ED web site, mean this mods will not break the integrity ?

If it still break it, please...Razbam :D

Edited by Mav783

Many thanks for the kind words guys :)

I guess it should be available today...btw Mav783, being approved in the users downloads doesnt mean its official...anyway Im sure Tim will still make improvements and maybe he will add glass for the gauges and for the hud and such...of course Tim, if you dont have the time and think what I did is not that bad :P please, feel free to use whatever you wish :)...I just would love to fly the mirage with these things without breaking IC, I think they make a nice difference, especially in movement.

Bye mates!

Thanks for the improvement.

Finally started the updated campaign last night and although not as visible in VR due to resolution, it does add to the "realness" of the cockpit. I made it into a new JGSME mod and it worked perfectly.

Thanks A LOT for your support guys, greatly appreciated!!:thumbup:

Sadly yeah, it doesnt pass IC check :cry:, but I have just uploaded a new version compatible with JSGME so its easier to install/uninstall when desired ;)...anyway, I hope Tim can make this improvements at some point or directly use my files, which as I already said, are at his total disposal in case he thinks they are worth :)

Bye and enjoy!!:thumbup:

Does it look better in vr, with image quality been lower?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Sadly yeah, it doesnt pass IC check :cry: ...

Perhaps you can configure this as an alternate cockpit, like Gospadin's English cockpit, that can be placed on Saved Games and thus doesnt trigger the IC.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Does it look better in vr, with image quality been lower?

Looking directly at the gauges etc in VR without direct sunlight there is no reduction in visibility. When you notice the gauge glass / AoA indicator going opaque and the finger prints etc on the radar screen is, for me, when sunlight is traveling across the cockpit while turning.

It, IMHO, makes them a lot more real then full visibility all the time despite direct sunlight etc. That said, they are never to the point where you can't read the gauges (so far).

Try it out, you can always remove it.

Is this for 2.5 only? I don’t see any difference in 1.5.8.

I also can’t seem in install JSGME into 2.5 -it’s gets 2/3 the way through checking game files then hangs. I’ve tried this several times now without luck. I have all 3 maps installed if the folder size makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Perhaps you can configure this as an alternate cockpit, like Gospadin's English cockpit, that can be placed on Saved Games and thus doesnt trigger the IC.

Thats a great idea, I tried it but couldnt manage to make it work because I dont know most arguments for the "description.lua"...tried a few times but didnt worked...if someone knows better what arguments are needed would be of great help.

Looking directly at the gauges etc in VR without direct sunlight there is no reduction in visibility. When you notice the gauge glass / AoA indicator going opaque and the finger prints etc on the radar screen is, for me, when sunlight is traveling across the cockpit while turning.

It, IMHO, makes them a lot more real then full visibility all the time despite direct sunlight etc. That said, they are never to the point where you can't read the gauges (so far).

Try it out, you can always remove it.

Yeah, I tried to make it in a way that the gauges were readable 99% of the time, even when reflecting...the only case where they can be less readable is in overcast conditions where at certain angle the reflection is quite strong...anyway, this is still being perfectly realistic and would happen in real life so we have to "deal with it" :P

Is this for 2.5 only? I don’t see any difference in 1.5.8.

I also can’t seem in install JSGME into 2.5 -it’s gets 2/3 the way through checking game files then hangs. I’ve tried this several times now without luck. I have all 3 maps installed if the folder size makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Yeah mate, the mod is 2.5 only though I guess you can use it to remove the "pink" tint of the hud pedestal and clean a bit its color but the "shiny" effects wont work in anything with no deferred shading or deferred shading off, sorry...About JSGME yeah, I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago...it makesabout 70% of the image but then stops and nothing happens...anyway, there is no need for the image to use it for enabling/disabling mods...just drop the mods in the folder and eneble/disable without making the image :thumbup: