[REPORTED]Lighting in 2.5

Sceptre

Anyone else not seeing cockpit lights turn on at all in 2.5? for example the datalink lights, autopilot lights, and the instrument lights for night flying? To me they are always dark now

• Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Yeah they're weird...

I assume ED need to go through the skins and cockpits for 2.5?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

This annoying issue has been there for ages since DCS 2.0 with Deferred Shading. KA-50 needs to be updated! And who is gonna play with Deferred Shading off??? o_O unless you like everything to look worse than DCS 1.5
Indeed, it needs to be updated but ED doesn't bother.

I opened a thread regarding this and they quickly locked it and moved so no one can see -https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200664

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I opened a thread regarding this and they quickly locked it and moved so no one can see -https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200664

Poor moderation with simply closing your thread over there.

Those 2 modules need an update since v2. You can use HDR instead of the anyway over-saturated DF. Yes, you'll loose a lot of the nice scenery effects etc, but at least you can use those 2 modules again ... Well, "meanwhile". Whatever that means in this case.

No, what you opened was a thread titled "Old modules, new prices " which was generally an unconstructive moan about the fact that you don't like the price of the Ka-50 module.

Incidentally, there are no "New Prices", just a reversion to the normal prices with the end of the sales.

If you would rather have paid the Sale price, you probably should have bought while the sales were on.

There is a constructive post at the start of this thread, and the bug it refers to has been logged.

• Like 1

Cheers.

No, what you opened was a thread titled "Old modules, new prices " which was generally an unconstructive moan about the fact that you don't like the price of the Ka-50 module.

Incidentally, there are no "New Prices", just a reversion to the normal prices with the end of the sales.

If you would rather have paid the Sale price, you probably should have bought while the sales were on.

There is a constructive post at the start of this thread, and the bug it refers to has been logged.

Don't read only the title, I noted I don't mind the prices but if you revision the prices it is fair to revision the modules as ka-50 is 10 years old cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 cockpit instrument lighting is barely noticable in the KA-50. Same in other modules too, but the KA-50 is the worst, especially the autopilot channel buttons.

And I agree, who's going to have DS off, as the trees look awful. I hope they can tweak this. If they just give the trees a darker color I would play with DS off to gain some FPS back. I need a new GFX card...

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I hope to see a fix soon for the lighting as well.

I never spent a lot of time with the Blackshark in the past, I never even turned on the Abris most of the time. However I put in some time the past couple of weeks learning the Abris and data link system and now she is my favorite aircraft at this point. Being able to coordinate attacks with wingmen and fully understanding the complexities of the Abris make the KA-50 shine.

She deserves to be updated to fit into 2.5 a bit better.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

...so officially there isn´t a small update for the beloved Shark in production (or at least planing?!)??

Thought EVERY modul will be properly integrated someday....

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

...so officially there isn´t a small update for the beloved Shark in production (or at least planing?!)??

Whaddaya mean?

There's a problem, we reported it, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Just because an ED rep doesn't personally reply to every single thread doesn't mean they're not working on it. Actually, I'd rather see them work on DCS instead of engaging in community discussions. :smartass:

Yeah... All we gotta do is report problems and they do indeed seem to get fixed at some point. Priorities have to be set of course...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I hope to see a fix soon for the lighting as well.

I never spent a lot of time with the Blackshark in the past, I never even turned on the Abris most of the time. However I put in some time the past couple of weeks learning the Abris and data link system and now she is my favorite aircraft at this point. Being able to coordinate attacks with wingmen and fully understanding the complexities of the Abris make the KA-50 shine.

She deserves to be updated to fit into 2.5 a bit better.

That's the thing. Once you learn how systems work all of a sudden a module becomes a joy to own and fly.

BTW even since the release of Black Shark I've never really seen a proper working red flood lights in the cockpit. Even in 1.5 some of the knobs for lights weren't functional not to mention 2.* versions of DCS in which BS lighting is a complete mess.

I have bought 3 different versions of Black Shark going back to the first BS1 Russian version in November of 2008 so it's safe to say this has long been a favorite module of mine, although over the last few years it been getting a bit dusty as I've picked up and learned newer aircraft.

With the release of 2.5 into Open Beta, and the advances to the tree rendering specifically, the Ka-50 and the other helo modules were high on my list to get back into with fervor. I was sad to see this lighting issue in both the default and moded cockpits that I use and will remain hopeful that ED gives it some attention soon.

It is still playable of course, the biggest issue for me is that its a bit tricky to determine which of the 4 autopilot channels is currently engaged although that can be felt easily enough while flying once you get the hang of it.

In fact, last night I decided to do a little bit of 2.5 sight seeing around the Beslan airdrome. After I did a smooth hover check, i flew off and just admired the trees and terrain. It was heavily overcast and foggy with visibility limited to maybe 1 Km or so. I kept my airspeed at around 50-60 knots and altitude at tree top and lower. It was amazing! I was in VR which makes it even more thrilling but the old girl still looks pretty and handles like a sports car. I flew out for maybe 20 minutes or so, over trees and under power lines. In the past, there were times were often I fought with the autopilot but now with age, patience, hard won skill and a extended Warthog HOTAS (:)) everything just felt so right.

I finally turned back around and did some dead reckoning navigation and picked up the airfield lights shining in the fog. For the first time in nearly 10 years of flying the Shark I did a proper and smooth landing without crunching my gear, being riddled with holes, or coming in too hot and much too fast. Nope, everything was nice and slow and precise and it was a dream to fly her. I can't wait to take her out again.

Thank you ED for giving me experiences like that, and when priorities and time permit, I look forward to this current lighting issue being resolved so others can have this same level of enjoyment with this DCS module... The first one that I truly ever loved.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt_BFC
  • Like 1

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Here's hoping for a fix when 2.5 comes out of beta...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Anyone else not seeing cockpit lights turn on at all in 2.5? for example the datalink lights, autopilot lights, and the instrument lights for night flying? To me they are always dark now

Yes!

Fly 104th's server at night time conditions , usually wee hours NY time to see cockpit instrument illumination is not working or some of it that does is way too dim >>> compared to my Black Shark experience since 2011.

2.5 is in Beta for a reason. Just be nice to the developers. They want us to report the odd-ball stuff. Over time I am sure these quirks will be fixed properly.

-+-

I have noticed a few times mis-labeling of controls and even doubling with the same control's commands to 2 different controls in "Adjust Controls" .

My setup I have pre-programmed controllers thru CH Control Manager. I just re-type DCS side "Options\Controls" and change control commands to what I had in 1.5 .

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]