Squadron scheduling

Jeepyb

I am looking for a better way to manage the way my squadron schedules training flights and missions.

Right now we have a forum where we make a post for every event (we usually fly twice a week). The post is a plain language ATO with callsigns, inner flight freq, area closures etc.

Players respond to each post, indicating what aircraft type they want to fly (we fly F18, A10 and Huey) and, for training nights, what they want to practice. e.g. Players X is available, Id like to fly the Hornet and do my IQT Eval.

Admins have to constantly edit the initial posts adding players names in the ATO, try to pair people with instructors, deconflict airspaces/ranges etc.

It works, but it is very much a manual process and it takes alot of effort to stay on top of it.

I was wondering what other squadrons are using to build their weekly flying schedules ? Any programs/apps that could help ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/

I am looking for a better way to manage the way my squadron schedules training flights and missions.

Right now we have a forum where we make a post for every event (we usually fly twice a week). The post is a plain language ATO with callsigns, inner flight freq, area closures etc.

Players respond to each post, indicating what aircraft type they want to fly (we fly F18, A10 and Huey) and, for training nights, what they want to practice. e.g. Players X is available, Id like to fly the Hornet and do my IQT Eval.

Admins have to constantly edit the initial posts adding players names in the ATO, try to pair people with instructors, deconflict airspaces/ranges etc.

It works, but it is very much a manual process and it takes alot of effort to stay on top of it.

I was wondering what other squadrons are using to build their weekly flying schedules ? Any programs/apps that could help ?

We're not using for our squadron an app to manage our mission, but I've worked on a couple of website, and I can just give you the tips to look in some booking/ticketing plugins. If you're running Wordpres as your website, you have a dozen of plugin to manage booking. In this case admins only write the initial schedule mission, updating all the info about slot available etc....and your members just select ( book ) a slot . The people can manage/update their booking so at the day of the mission, you just have to take a look into the page to see how many are in place. You can also setup a day closing booking, so you can take one day to talor up you in mission based on the booked slot.

I can't tell you the exact plugin name, but I hope it's a good starting point to your search ;)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!