Next combat module, after Christen II ?

D4n

Any theories/wishes on next Magnitude 3 combat-module? :) How about F-4 Phantom? :worthy:

I mean, the few real F-4 pilots that the USA still have (from Vietnam war era) are now at least 66 years old (I'm guessing, since american involvement in that war ended 46 years ago afaik), and these pilots DEFINITELY want to relive those combat memories in F-4 Phantom multicrew! Right? That's most likely, since, if a crew, meaning pilot and WSO, are still alive, and want to re-live the feeling/teamwork of the aircraft in combat how they remember it from then, especially vs the ingame MiG-21 for example! :) (assuming that pilots+their WSOs developed some kind of friendship after the combat operations ended)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

As far as we know, the next Magnitude 3 module is F4U-1d Corsair. Soo, it is an F4 in a sense :P.

You may or may not know but, F-4E was in development by Belsimtek, but was (very unfortunately in my opinion) postponed in favor of F-16C, Mi-24P, and AH-1F after their merge with ED.

The version Belsimtek was doing, an F-4E with 80s improvements was the ideal version too in my opinion. Here's hoping that it'll be revived sooner than later. While everyone (perhaps understandably) keeps saying Vietnam, we don't have any Vietnam era assets in DCS, everything is post-Vietnam War. But an 80s F-4E would fit very beautifully to existing 3rd and early 4th gen aircraft already available. It's both oldschool, but still advanced and multirole in its own way.

Having said that, the Corsair will be a very welcome addition to DCS warbirds arsenal, especially if other Pacific birds will be added too.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

F4U, damn, another WW2 aircraft... -.- :P We need MiG-17 to make the MiG-line complete! :D And it'll take ED at least 3 years from now to get F-4 Phantom into early access probably (after finishing F/A-18, after that releasing F-16). But please prove me wrong, ED! More and more Vietnam war pilot veterans get older and next year too old to interacting with a PC..... Just give F-4 Phantom to this 3rd party studio please (with sourcecode-sharing agreement ofc.)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I am extremely bummed about the lamentable decision they have made about the F-4E, but well it'll come eventually.

As for the Vietnam pilots, frankly, it is not really a requirement, the F-4 was in active service well beyond Vietnam, and it still is all over the world. F-4 is so special an aircraft for me, I'd prefer BST to do it even if it means a bit later :P.

Besides all 3rd parties have thier pipelines pretty well filled in I'd suppose. I, for one, am looking forward to F4U too, and already got the CE2 from Magnitude themselves, as it'll be the first insta-release module without any early access shenanigans :P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

BST is now ED, afaik... there is no Belsimtek anymore...

Also, post-WW2 (jet-engine) combat is way more interesting imo than prop-/dumb-rocket-aircraft... :P But one day we'll have all WW2 aircraft, then all devs can finally focus on all amazing powerful early+late cold war aircraft :devil: (maybe even Genie rocket one day? xD )

BST is now ED, afaik... there is no Belsimtek anymore...

Also, post-WW2 (jet-engine) combat is way more interesting imo than prop-/dumb-rocket-aircraft... :P But one day we'll have all WW2 aircraft, then all devs can finally focus on all amazing powerful early+late cold war aircraft :devil: (maybe even Genie rocket one day? xD )

On the last ED newsletters...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

The MiG-19 is a great addition to the stable of 1950s fighters, with more to come.

We've got a beautiful F4U-1D on the way

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do know that Belsimtek is ED now, but I'd think that the teams are probably still intact as they were, but plans are made above. But that's just me speculating of course. The point is, I'd love getting the F-4 from the team that started doing it, and brought us the excellent helicopters and F-5 and Korea birds :).

DCS-Dismounts Script

Kinda, not really. MiG-23 or -31 are more important now, with F-14 about to release

Kinda, not really. MiG-23 or -31 are more important now, with F-14 about to release

Mig-23 (MLA) by RAZBAM in progress, the Mig-31 has imposible by russian military law restriction. And Remember ED working on Mi-24 and after follow the AH-1 Hellos.... About a future Militech 5 aircraft, I think then maintain a WW2 or early - med cold war aircraft to get more and more module building experience (and of course, waiting to see ir "reborn" the WW2 Iwo Jima map).

Edited by Silver_Dragon

"military law restriction", I think it'd be more like that some data for MiG-31 systems are still secret and ED couldn't make it realistic, even if there was no "military law restriction".

What opponent will have the F4U ?

None for the beginning (just like the P-51 had no opponent when it was released), unless you fly under british flag, because they have operated some Corsairs in the european theatre IIRC.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

"military law restriction", I think it'd be more like that some data for MiG-31 systems are still secret and ED couldn't make it realistic, even if there was no "military law restriction".

That's what he said. Military restrictions based on top secret information that cannot be released.

All countries have laws/restrictions to protect military secrets.

Because we will have MiG-19 +1 for Super Sabre (!) or Thunderchief (possibly).

MVZ-330h.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Classic MiG-21 ?

Doing a classic 21, why not ?

MiG-21PF

Engines:

Tumansky R-11F2-300

Thrust - kN: 38.8/60.0

Armament:

1x PTB-490

2x K-13/R-3S

2x RS-2-US AAM

2x UB-16-57U

2x FAB-100/250

Avionics:

Radio: RSIU-5V

IFF: SRZO-2 Khrom-Nikel'

ADF: ARK-54I

RWR: SPO-2 Sirena-2

Radar: RP-21 'Sapphire'

There is so many differences with the MiG-21bis !!!

:pilotfly:

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure why people are throwing planes out there. Unless Mag3 brings something up as a surprise, there is no if or but about it, the F4U-1D is the next module after the CE2.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure why people are throwing planes out there. Unless Mag3 brings something up as a surprise, there is no if or but about it, the F4U-1D is the next module after the CE2.

This!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What about an armed CE II with MGs and rockets?

Or how about a glock and some bricks to throw out of the pit... :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Because we will have MiG-19 +1 for Super Sabre (!) or Thunderchief (possibly).

MVZ-330h.jpg

I'd love to see a few AI century series planes for mig-fodder actually.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).