Some notes on v.1.2.6

EvilBivol-1

There's still some confusion about some of the changes introduced in v.1.2.6. Unfortunately I don't have a comprehensive changelog available, but here are some notes on the more significant changes. Many of you have already figured your way through these, but maybe it will still be helpful to some. Please ask about other issues not covered in this list and we'll try to answer if possible.

Changes in this patch include keyboard and joystick input profile updates. Unfortunately this means you have to delete (or save as a backup if you wish to keep them for a possible revert to an older version) the user keyboard and joystick folders found on your Windows drive directory \\users\User Name\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\UH-1H\. Doing so will require you to remap your controls after re-launching the game. In case you didn't realize this, it could be an operation you may have to do in the future again as we continue to update the input settings of the module.

1. Engine power has not been reduced. However collective control handle “rigging” is altered to better match real collective handle settings required throughout the engine power demand envelope. This is why you are seeing higher collective requirements during takeoff, for example. The engine torque and actual rotor blade collective angles are the same (possibly slightly different as there was some tuning of dynamics as well), but the cockpit handle positioning is what is updated.

2. Engine start/stop controls on the collective are updated to include the ignition trigger command (HOME key) and Idle Stop Release button (RWIN + T). However the engine model itself is still not affected by these changes, only the keyboard mappings and their functions are, as well as the throttle animation range. The throttle can now travel from Stop to Max freely, but going back only from Max to Idle before hitting the Idle detent. You must then press the Idle Stop Release button to allow the throttle to close fully to the Stop position.

3. The engine start/stop command changes broke the Cold Start training mission. You can download an updated version here for a manual install into \\mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Missions\EN\Training\Aircraft Operation\1.

4. The radar altimeter is added with a dedicated power switch toward the back of the Overhead Console. You can use the keyboard shortcut RSHIFT + R to toggle the switch.

5. The pilot’s aiming sight is functional, but the command interface is still in-progress. Currently you need to do the following to use the sight:

a. Lower the sight by pressing RSHIFT + M or clicking the locking lever.

b. Increase reticle brightness by turning the brightness knob toward the pilot (clockwise if looking from port side)

c. Turn on the reticle

See the picture guide below.

sight.jpg.8b27eafc75568dbfc0f5d4d4c80b8d1a.jpg

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Thanks EvilBivol-1 for clarification...

But what about the missing minigun, rocket launch, bullet hit etc.. sounds "feature" ?

We have two threads running with this issue, but no feedback from the devs yet !!

Anyone looking into that ?

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Important setting for FFB-Stick users :

Fix for lag in the FFB-Stick input after hitting the trim button in the UH-1H after patch 1.2.6 :

Open ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\FM\FMOptions.lua

and edit line #51 and set the sticktimelag value from 0.5 to 0.

sticktimelag=0;

..or simply copy attached file into the ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\FM folder and allow to overwrite.

b. Increase reticle brightness by turning the brightness knob toward the pilot (clockwise if looking from port side) or just scroll up with the mouse.

And skins what happened to those.

Edited by jay43

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Now i´m finally informed

and looking forward to test the new features in action!

Thanks!

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Thanks EvilBivol-1 for clarification...

But what about the missing minigun, rocket launch, bullet hit etc.. sounds "feature" ?

We have two threads running with this issue, but no feedback from the devs yet !!

Anyone looking into that ?

FinnJ

I can confirm that the missing minigun fire sound is a bug. It was accidentally introduced as a result of adding some machine gun fire audio features to the Mi-8 model. Fixed now internally and we'll try to push out with the next update.

However I cannot confirm missing audio for rockets or bullet hits. These sounds are present for me when testing in the current public build. Is anyone else experiencing these sounds missing?

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Any small fix (or user's fix) for this missing of sound of miniguns? I want to have BIG noise back :D !

Pretty please.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I can confirm that the missing minigun fire sound is a bug. It was accidentally introduced as a result of adding some machine gun fire audio features to the Mi-8 model. Fixed now internally and we'll try to push out with the next update.

However I cannot confirm missing audio for rockets or bullet hits. These sounds are present for me when testing in the current public build. Is anyone else experiencing these sounds missing?

I'm also missing the rocket launch sound as well as bullet hits.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Talking about impact sounds...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89067

No impact sounds from HEI rounds is a bug with a long history for me. Wags shows that it's not broken in his A10A promo video, then V1.2.6 comes out and... Nothing!

Same for the 23mm HEI rounds.

EDIT:

Sorry wrong impact sounds... I thought on the ground. Disregard post it is off-topic.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Same here no bullet noise or hits being heard no rocket noise when fired explosions ok got them.

And the most annoying part which no one has said anything about upon a re-load for the third time no tracer fire at all which makes using the guns in the Huey a waste of time without tracer fire especially if you have lost the sight reticule.

System Spec.

Now i´m finally informed

and looking forward to test the new features in action!

Thanks!

and all the bugs like missing sounds & skins (UN Campaign for example) :mad:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Here is a fix for the skins from Esac: Thank you! :thumbup:

Ok, i´ve rebuilt the entire UH-1H liveries folder, fixing all description.lua

Now it´s possible to choose any of the two versions, slicks or gunships from our Hueys with correct skins.

Replace UH-1H folder inside Bazar/Liveries with this file. MAKE BACK UP FIRST ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Remember ONLY HUMAN PLAYERS are able to see slicks, IA only shows gunships ( with or without weapons). Nothing i can do here at this point

LINK

EDIT: As an extra i´ve added 3 spanish custom made skins ( FAMET-ARMADA - UN NATIONS).

For the UN Campaign:

You still have to change the skin to UN in the loadout oft the UN Campaign ME

And please BST make a hotfix for the sound issue

Edited by Ganesh

regards Ganesh

Bo-105 PAH1A1

Well i´ve only changed de description.lua from UH-1H liveries. Not the missions itself.

This is something that anyone could make easy.

Thanks for pointing me.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This is something that anyone could make easy.

Realy??? A lot of typing ha?! ;)

regards Ganesh

Bo-105 PAH1A1

Plus I just noticed the update reset my mission campaign back to 0.

System Spec.

Well bro ¡¡ here you are.

UN UH-1H Campaign

PLEASE take in consideration that i´ve used our UN UH-1H skin from a squad mate (included in the liveries fix i´ve posted), it´s far more accurated than the stock one.

If anybody don´t like it, feel free to change it with the original one ( because you had made a back up no? XDD)

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Nice one Esac but it doesn't really solve my loss of my almost complete campaign and score its just been wiped off so I guess I will have to do it all over again nah didn't like it anyway damn AI can't fly straight and level up and down all over the place.

System Spec.