How many playing alone...

ENO

... who would play MP if there was a casual MP server with all flyable aircraft available in hot and cold start positions? Maybe some air start positions too?

I find I am hesitant to join a server since many I see seem a little more advanced than I am willing to go- I just want to fly the plane. I want to get better- sometimes I can help and sometimes I need help. Maybe one day I’ll feel like I can “do the thing” but until then where do I bang into the edges?

Is there already such a server with discord? Just come in, fly and don’t be a dick?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Agreed - its a real pain to have to wait to fill the tanks, then cold start (especially in the F-14 waiting for the INS to align) then take off, fly to the combat area and get SPAMRAMM'ed by an 18 carrying a ridiculous loadout! As you say, some of us just love the flying this fantastic sim and don't have a lot of time!

JUST DOGFIGHT is a great server and worth a look, but can be a bit full on ... 3 v 3 gunzo is just mad :)

I'd be interested in hearing of any servers too.

Try the aerobatics servers you usually can get help on your specific airframe depending on time of day. Strictly no weapons policy applies essentially there a great place to get your flying including formation flying skills horned up. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Great suggestion FragBum, also think about joining an online squadron that has the airframes you own. A lot have training servers or locations on their maps that are less hostile.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Try the Havoc Company server, hosts a training mission, all aircraft available

3 Air to Air zones against AI

3 Air to Ground zones with AI targets

No PvP allowed (you will get kicked if you do)

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Just try the various PVE servers. GAW is pretty noob friendly either the full on or the training server. Just make sure you get SRS working.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just try the various PVE servers. GAW is pretty noob friendly either the full on or the training server. Just make sure you get SRS working.

I’m not a noob and the people I’m thinking of aren’t noobs- I’m just not interested in the pretentious snobbery of people in a sim who pretend to be real pilots.

"ENO"

... who would play MP if there was a casual MP server with all flyable aircraft available in hot and cold start positions? Maybe some air start positions too?

I find I am hesitant to join a server since many I see seem a little more advanced than I am willing to go- I just want to fly the plane. I want to get better- sometimes I can help and sometimes I need help. Maybe one day I’ll feel like I can “do the thing” but until then where do I bang into the edges?

Is there already such a server with discord? Just come in, fly and don’t be a dick?

I’d be willing and am able during 7pm-9pm PST most days (near Seattle). I have Simple Radio, but have not been able to hear anyone on it (i.e., I don’t really know how it works). I don’t know how to chat w/text either.

SU-25/25T mainly, but I can takeoff, navigate, and land safely in the F-5 also. First few flights should be simple “hey let’s check out the big dam” flights, I’m not a super-aggressive “let’s kill everybody and let G-d sort ‘em out!” flyer.

I’d be willing and am able during 7pm-9pm PST most days (near Seattle). I have Simple Radio, but have not been able to hear anyone on it (i.e., I don’t really know how it works). I don’t know how to chat w/text either.

SU-25/25T mainly, but I can takeoff, navigate, and land safely in the F-5 also. First few flights should be simple “hey let’s check out the big dam” flights, I’m not a super-aggressive “let’s kill everybody and let G-d sort ‘em out!” flyer.

Sounds like we have a few things in common- mind if I reach out to you in IM?

"ENO"

You guys are welcome to fly on my server anytime. I set it up to run mostly cold starts. But It is changing. I have a training scenario that runs for 48+ hours with pretty much continuous awacs and refueling. Right now the A2A stuff is PvP. But I am going to add in some AI flights as well.

If you want to learn your plane, it's a good scenario. Also you can get on and run night missions without people whining about it. Weather is dynamic right now. No screwy scripts. I may write my own if needed or even include some others in the future.

Anyway it's a simple setup. But all are welcome. Just don't blow up friendly stuff on purpose.

You guys are welcome to fly on my server anytime. I set it up to run mostly cold starts. But It is changing. I have a training scenario that runs for 48+ hours with pretty much continuous awacs and refueling. Right now the A2A stuff is PvP. But I am going to add in some AI flights as well.

If you want to learn your plane, it's a good scenario. Also you can get on and run night missions without people whining about it. Weather is dynamic right now. No screwy scripts. I may write my own if needed or even include some others in the future.

Anyway it's a simple setup. But all are welcome. Just don't blow up friendly stuff on purpose.

Thanks zeagle- it’s nice to have some options!

"ENO"

I’m not a noob and the people I’m thinking of aren’t noobs- I’m just not interested in the pretentious snobbery of people in a sim who pretend to be real pilots.

Excuse me, but what does people's attitude have to do with the way you want to fly ? Especially if you are not going to communicate with them ?

Saying that after you said "I find I am hesitant to join a server since many I see seem a little more advanced than I am willing to go-..." in your original post. Or is "advanced" = "pretentious snobbery" ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

LOL, I'm with you brother! Sometimes you just want to fly and not have to bother with all the baggage that comes with taking things very/too seriously.... This is meant to be fun after all...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

LOL, I'm with you brother! Sometimes you just want to fly and not have to bother with all the baggage that comes with taking things very/too seriously.... This is meant to be fun after all...

Different people may have fun different ways and choose the game/sim which suits them, some enjoy smashing the mouse button and pretend they are ancient warriors saving the world.

Since this is a forum for the most deep combat flight sim in the market, you have to expect most of the people who choose to use it, to be more serious and some not just pretend they are pilots but they actually are.

Have you thought that may be those "pretentious snobbery of people" are the ones that put the effort and the cost to host and maintain MP servers and of course they will do it the way they like it ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you thought that may be those "pretentious snobbery of people" are the ones that put the effort and the cost to host and maintain MP servers and of course they will do it the way they like it ?

No. I’ve literally never thought that since it is a ludicrous suggestion.

Back to the original question I guess what I’m keeping my eye open for are casual servers that will accommodate a broad range of flight preferences... If guys know of such servers please feel free to continue to post them here.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

No. I’ve literally never thought that since it is a ludicrous suggestion.

Back to the original question I guess what I’m keeping my eye open for are casual servers that will accommodate a broad range of flight preferences... If guys know of such servers please feel free to continue to post them here.

So I'm in the middle of a new build/upgrade at the moment and am turning my old rig into a dedicated server. I'll be hosting from home but my bandwidth and the rig should support 20 players no problem. I'm not planning on having all aircraft available but will host the more commonly used ones with an eye to creating missions that are both realistic and fun to play alone or with a team, there will be basic briefings but I'm a great fan of KSS (Keep it Simple Stupid). You hopefully won't have to comply with loads of SOP's or get kicked if you have the wrong weapons loadout. (loadouts will be controlled by setting availability)

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

The -=RED=- servers are Player versus Environment persistent campaigns that may interest. They are passworded "gently" to avoid random joiners getting lost. Since it's became it's own active community, there's something like 100 folks in the Discord of which you'll find a nice number over 5 flying, up to 23 was the record, that pretty much always use SRS and some of the people even work together (not that they are forced to, they seem to like it ;) )

The Discord invitations have been via word of mouth since November and for now it's being kept that way because low key is suiting us.

The actual campaign is really good. I know because I wrote a good deal of it and it has features not seen in some high profile servers. In short, it's a well kept secret and I'm replying to a small audience to let you know that there are places out there, you require no alliegance to, that you can get on and sim to your hearts content without having to comply to anything but a little common sense.

Right now, I'll only take (a few) PM's for invitations. The server is based in Sweden, modern internet allows that to include most of the US as long as it's a stable connection.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

So I'm in the middle of a new build/upgrade at the moment and am turning my old rig into a dedicated server. I'll be hosting from home but my bandwidth and the rig should support 20 players no problem. I'm not planning on having all aircraft available but will host the more commonly used ones with an eye to creating missions that are both realistic and fun to play alone or with a team, there will be basic briefings but I'm a great fan of KSS (Keep it Simple Stupid). You hopefully won't have to comply with loads of SOP's or get kicked if you have the wrong weapons loadout. (loadouts will be controlled by setting availability)

Yeah that sounds like something in my range... keep me posted on where you end up with that and if I get a mission finished I can share it with you for use. Still getting reacquainted with the ME.

The -=RED=- servers are Player versus Environment persistent campaigns that may interest. They are passworded "gently" to avoid random joiners getting lost. Since it's became it's own active community, there's something like 100 folks in the Discord of which you'll find a nice number over 5 flying, up to 23 was the record, that pretty much always use SRS and some of the people even work together (not that they are forced to, they seem to like it ;) )

The Discord invitations have been via word of mouth since November and for now it's being kept that way because low key is suiting us.

The actual campaign is really good. I know because I wrote a good deal of it and it has features not seen in some high profile servers. In short, it's a well kept secret and I'm replying to a small audience to let you know that there are places out there, you require no alliegance to, that you can get on and sim to your hearts content without having to comply to anything but a little common sense.

Right now, I'll only take (a few) PM's for invitations. The server is based in Sweden, modern internet allows that to include most of the US as long as it's a stable connection.

Thanks Pikey that sounds awesome too- I’ll reach out when I’m back home and I’ll apply for access once I feel I can keep up to the needs of a campaign.

Awesome information.

"ENO"

What’s you are looking for sounds exactly like BuDs. Currently 40 of us with the same story as you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237481

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

What’s you are looking for sounds exactly like BuDs. Currently 40 of us with the same story as you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237481

That server got my attention but was under the impression there was a limit to the number of people who could join in... definitely will take another look.

"ENO"

That server got my attention but was under the impression there was a limit to the number of people who could join in... definitely will take another look.

Not at all. We still have chunks of the day where there is inactivity so you are more than welcome if you think the description fits your needs. Cheers.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 3 weeks later...
Like the Hornet and Tomcat? Interested in an outfit to fly with? Enjoy cooperation and learning in a friendly environment over the cutt-throat approach of PVP? Check CVW-66 in the "Squadron directory" thread:)

Link?

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR