Issues with loading times

Back in the days of DCS 1.5x, 2.1 and 2.2, when loading into multiplayer I'd have no issues. game loaded fine, in the select role screen and within around 5-10 seconds I was able to select an aircraft and move my mouse up and down on the screen and the aircraft under the cursor would highlight smoothly. This was even in servers with a lot of triggers and complexity.

Since DCS 2.5 (in both stable and OB) whenever I play multiplayer, I have around a 1 minute load to get into the select role screen (around normal in previous versions) then to get the aircraft to highlight smoothly (mission fully cached) takes around 6-8 minutes on a typical load.

My settings have remained the same across the versions except in 2.5 where I lowered the preload radius.

System specs:

i5-6600K OC to 4.3 GHz

ASUS GTX 1080 OC

32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM.

Installed on a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

Internet is a 48Mbps connection (remained the same).

Is there any thoughts that may help the load times? I have friends with similar specs and have no load time issues (around 15 secs to be fully cached).

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

We all have this issue in MP, just relax and wait until your fps counter shows a stable high value and not 1. As long as fps is stuck at "1" you have to WAIT.

If you click anything while it is on 1 fps things tend to get worse, just don't do anything with it until it recovers. Mine can take up to 2 min I guess but from then on it's actually nice & smooth.

The more players and the more objects, the longer into the mission the server is, the longer it takes.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X