MiG-21 used to be my favorite ride... can't stand it now - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #101
KilledAlive

Which files are we copying? I'm trying this process now and I'm having trouble figuring out which is which
KilledAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #102
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilledAlive View Post
Which files are we copying? I'm trying this process now and I'm having trouble figuring out which is which
I think he is talking about the files of this mod

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3301142/
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #103
Mjugen

Please give us a special tab option

Thank you !
Old 07-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #104
Mainstay

Whats so hard in providing a clean version and a dirty one Magnitude?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #105
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatikus View Post
Haha JunMcKill... well.. try my mod in the link I've posted on previous page, to evade steps 1&2 in your procedure
Hi Vatikus, the mod is superb and you cleaned all the scratchs of the glass, but the glass per se have a couple of layers that reduce the visibility, it's more noticed when you use a VR headset and move the head "out of the canopy", you will see the landscape perfect, then begin moving the head inside, and you will notice a first layer in the glass (the external side) thats dim the light a bit, and there is another layer (the inner side of the glass) that's reduce the visibility more, I tested it yesterday, and is better to dogfight without canopy!

Last edited by JunMcKill; 07-12-2018 at 03:27 PM.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #106
Vatikus

JunMcKill, yeah indeed... I still left (however reduced) reflections to help with orientation (in the lines of f18 module). The only pure VR feature is removing reflection of projector from the combining glass per request of a squadmate who has VR and found it very distracting as reflection did not move with head.

however... nothing beats no canopy
Old 07-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #107
JaNk0

Send a message via MSN to JaNk0

Don't want to cause any drama but did Magnitude dismiss the idea of having a clean canopy in the future (I'm genuinely asking) ? AFAIK mig is awaiting much love after the CE and maybe then we'll see radical improvements.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #108
Mjugen

The Force is strog with Darth Rudel
Old 07-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #109
impalor

Why nobody complains about the instrument panel becoming too dull/dim in the shadows? I find it unbearable in VR, compared to all other planes, and I too used to love Mig21...
Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #110
Fri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaNk0 View Post
Don't want to cause any drama but did Magnitude dismiss the idea of having a clean canopy in the future (I'm genuinely asking) ? AFAIK mig is awaiting much love after the CE and maybe then we'll see radical improvements.
Yes. It was like "totally out of the question" kind answer to me when I recommended to have a clean canopy and cockpit.

As in 3D modeling and texturing, the process is same as in real world for weathering. First you do a brand new painting and then after it is done, then you start weather it to look it weared and used.

That is why you alway have the brand new, in perfect condition, digital files that you can use to remake all future changes etc.
With real world objects it is one route only, as you would otherwise need to either make a new model or clean everything and start again.

But what you don't do, is start weathering from the start so you never have the clean versions.
And in DCS we have a serious problem, that is that we can have in multiplayer a multiple different aircraft from multiple eras. But in singleplayer and well done missions, all are based to specific era itself. So if mission is based to 1978, then you will not be there seeing a newer aircrafts.
If the mission is 2015, then you can still be flying the older airframes among new ones.

And now comes the problem that it is just immersion breaking when 1978 a aircraft looks like it has been spending last 20 years in the outdoor museum without any servicing. The same thing is as well for 2015 mission, as those who would operate the aircraft, would still have it in fairly good condition.

Why having each module with at least two cockpit liveries should be a standard requirement from ED side. One livery as aircraft being brand new or just taken in the service (so very little wearing) and one after the aircraft has been in service for a few years already. The bonus should be then as third or fourth option, a museum condition or very long time service time.

In the first two the texture artist should show their skills to get the aircraft look new and look in operational use. In the third and fourth the texture artists can show their artistic vision what the aircraft could look after long time...

That way mission designers as the buyers could go and fly in their wanted era the aircraft, when it was hottest new, or when it was forgotten relic.