Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! ! - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #151
Capt Zeen
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
I have it set up so that it is in /saved games/openbeta/Scripts/Helios/then the 2 Lua files go in the Helios folder. The new export script just goes in the Scripts folder.
Capt Zeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #152
Cloudie

Capt Zeen could you update the download on your site with the init.luas you are using, since the original ones broke in the last DCS beta update?

I'm curious to try what you are using, since I could not fix the thick lines even after following your steps.

Even after removing everything from your package and just using default RIGHT and LEFT_MFCD in monitor config, the lines are very thick, so it could even be a problem with DCS resolution (using 3440x1440+1920x1080 for Helios) that ED have to fix.

I have to change the values in MDG_strokesDefs.lua or set "shaderLineParamsUpdatable = false" but the result is not as good as before the patch.
Cloudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #153
ron533

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams999 View Post
Regarding the RWR, I have it on a fairly legible level though I feel it might be better...

In /Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts/TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_init.lua I changed it to

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true
shaderLineDefaultThickness = 3.0
shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 1.0
shaderLineDrawAsWire = false
shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

I can read it on the second screen though I would like it to be thicker still...
Still very thin and unusubale for me unfortunately...
ron533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #154
Vladinsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron533 View Post
Still very thin and unusubale for me unfortunately...
I had to crank mine up to 8 thickness and 4 fuzziness to make it legible, my RWR export is 300x300 though, not sure how big Zeens is. Try playing around with the values.
Vladinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #155
yeldraw

Default Up Front Controller

Is there a way to pull the UFC from CAPT Z's helios profile and all the bindings at the same time and copy them to another profile?

I just want the UFC to show on my 2nd monitor. I know I could do it with of profiles like for the A10. But cant seem to with his profile. Thanks
yeldraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #156
RightStuff

Sure..
Just open the profile in Profile Editor, start another Profile Editor, make the basic setzings and copy the needed stuff over.

Other solution:
Strip the original profile down to your needs and adjust the monitor-settings.

Many ways to skin the cat...
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #157
ron533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladinsky View Post
I had to crank mine up to 8 thickness and 4 fuzziness to make it legible, my RWR export is 300x300 though, not sure how big Zeens is. Try playing around with the values.
Thanks.
At 15 thickness I was comfortable...
ron533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #158
Felipius

Well, I exported the F18 instruments some weeks ago and, after some days off without touching my PC, I had found that the whole config I had stop working because the last updating. I've spent days trying to sort it out, reading the 16 pages of this post, but I'm not able to fix the issue. Now, I cannot see any instrument.

So, please CaptZeen, could you share with us a complete manual how to install your [great] profile fron the begining?( here or in your website) Instead of patching and overwriting luas. Some of us do not know what are we doing and will be useful start the installation again step by step

Thanks.
Felipius

Last edited by Felipius; 07-15-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Felipius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #159
Tomcat

Hi CapT Zeen,
İs it possible to resize Dash Board instuments and MFDs and other things.Because i like to use my
3X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs ON my fouth monitor.So that my MFDs a little bit big to your profile.Try to edit it to resize and cant find a way to do it.
Thank you and thank you for your affort.
İts all for F-18 profile.
Tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:09 AM   #160
Womb_Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
Hi CapT Zeen,
İs it possible to resize Dash Board instuments and MFDs and other things.Because i like to use my
3X Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs ON my fouth monitor.So that my MFDs a little bit big to your profile.Try to edit it to resize and cant find a way to do it.
Thank you and thank you for your affort.
İts all for F-18 profile.
You can adjust the size of the viewport in the monitor config file.
AsRock Z97 MoBo, i5 4690k, EVGA GTX 1070 8Gb/256 Bit Black Edition, 32 GB EVGA SC RAM, 850 EVO 500GB Samsung SSD, Win 10, TM Warthog, X55 Rhino, TIR-5, Acer Main and 1 Touch Screen, Cessna Saitek Rudder Pedals, TM Cougar MFDs.
Womb_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capt zeen, f/a-18c, f18, helios, profile