Su25T HUD not displaying ILS info

Pacetech

I am new to DCS World and I am really enjoying learning how to use this amazing simulator.

As I work my way through the tutorials with the SU25T, I have noticed that when the autopilot switches to landing mode the ILS information is not displayed in the HUD.

This issue started last month, it worked fine before.

Could this be something that I have done wrong or could it be a bug from a recent update.

I have the latest 1.2.4 version installed.

The ILS bars work fine in the HSI so I must be on the glidescope.

I am new to DCS World and I am really enjoying learning how to use this amazing simulator.

As I work my way through the tutorials with the SU25T, I have noticed that when the autopilot switches to landing mode the ILS information is not displayed in the HUD.

This issue started last month, it worked fine before.

Could this be something that I have done wrong or could it be a bug from a recent update.

I have the latest 1.2.4 version installed.

The ILS bars work fine in the HSI so I must be on the glidescope.

Hello Pacetech. :) By "the ILS information is not displayed in the HUD" do you mean that the glide slope error circle is not appearing, and that the localiser beam indicator (K) and glide slope beam indicator (looks like an 'r' ) are not appearing also? Is your VVI absent on HUD as well? Are you certain you are in ПОС-landing mode? If so that is indeed strange. I think there is variation between airfields as to which range the beacons transmit, maybe you are not close enough at a certain airfield? EDIT: (Sorry, scratch that.....if your HSI indicates the beacons have been picked up and glideslope info is available that clearly cannot be the case)

Have you tried 'Repair DCS World' which can be found by going to your computer Start menu, All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Repair DCS World (a grey icon). This may help and you may have had a dodgy update-installation (happened to me before). I have no ILS info problem with the Frog in the current patch personally, all info is present as usual. The repair procedure is probably worth a try (and make sure you shut down all anti virus-malware programs etc while doing so as sometimes they can cause problems with installation).

BIG EDIT: Pacetech, I'm at home atm and have just did a quick SU-25T landing test with version 1.2.4.12913, and it turns out I am having the exact same problems you describe, my mistake as I have not flown the Frog for a while. I think the last time I flew the Frog was in the previous 1.2.4.12547 version or so weeks ago, when there was no problem. I can confirm it's not just you. :) A repair has failed to fix it unfortunately. I have not looked in the bugs section yet, others may have reported it too. :)

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

SU25T ILS not displaying in HUD

Hello Pacetech. :) By "the ILS information is not displayed in the HUD" do you mean that the glide slope error circle is not appearing, and that the localiser beam indicator (K) and glide slope beam indicator (looks like an 'r' ) are not appearing also? Is your VVI absent on HUD as well? Are you certain you are in ПОС-landing mode? If so that is indeed strange. I think there is variation between airfields as to which range the beacons transmit, maybe you are not close enough at a certain airfield? EDIT: (Sorry, scratch that.....if your HSI indicates the beacons have been picked up and glideslope info is available that clearly cannot be the case)

Have you tried 'Repair DCS World' which can be found by going to your computer Start menu, All Programs>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>Repair DCS World (a grey icon). This may help and you may have had a dodgy update-installation (happened to me before). I have no ILS info problem with the Frog in the current patch personally, all info is present as usual. The repair procedure is probably worth a try (and make sure you shut down all anti virus-malware programs etc while doing so as sometimes they can cause problems with installation).

BIG EDIT: Pacetech, I'm at home atm and have just did a quick SU-25T landing test with version 1.2.4.12913, and it turns out I am having the exact same problems you describe, my mistake as I have not flown the Frog for a while. I think the last time I flew the Frog was in the previous 1.2.4.12547 version or so weeks ago, when there was no problem. I can confirm it's not just you. :) A repair has failed to fix it unfortunately. I have not looked in the bugs section yet, others may have reported it too. :)

Hi Biggles07, Thanks for the reply. The two airfields that I have been using are sukhumi and Kutaisi. The autopilot does its job flying down the glidescope with the ILS needles working correctly in the HSI.

Going by the tests that you have done it is beginning to look like a bug. It would be useful if somebody else could check this on their setup to confirm this.

It is not a massive problem as you can still use the HSI to stay on track :)

• 1 month later...