SL top speed issue - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #31
Hummingbird

Reputation power: 12
Hummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56RAF_Talisman View Post
Did you read in my post when I said "P.S. I am still on 1.5 release version, so have no experience of later versions/patches."?
Thing is, the rads on my Spit are working fine and dandy. I have just watched them open and close 4 times over with no problem, just as they should.
I have just tested them using the Instant Action, Free Flight mission for the Spit in the 1.5 release version.
If you have a different version then that might be the key to the issue you have raised.
What version of DCS are you using?

P.S. I only mentioned throttling back in a previous post because that is what I sometimes do in combat if there is a break in action, to get the rads closed again as soon as possible.
Happy landings,

Talisman
Ok, so in 1.5 the rads close again after they've been open purely due to temperature drop via increased speed, i. e. without you touching the throttle and staying at full boost?

Cause thats the problem atm with the Spit & P51, the rads won't close again when still running at full boost regardless of temp, you have to reduce throttle.

The 109's rads, whilst they actually do close a little after gaining speed, also don't seem to close as much as they should as temp drops. But the issue is most severe with Spit & P51.

Why is this important? Because it severely reduces achievable top speed after a few turns unless you reduce throttle for a period after.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote