No lights

slipstream21

Last time I checked and haven't been back since, the Huey lights are screwed. Searchlight useless and has been for ages. A crying shame.

So would not be surprising if the rest of the lighting is FUBAR as well.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

There is a dome light switch towards the rear of the panel, its 3 position green, white, or off. I dont remember if the battery switch needs to be on for it to work, but I'm pretty sure you dont need the engine to be running for it to work. There are also instrument panel lights.

There is a dome light switch towards the rear of the panel, its 3 position green, white, or off. I dont remember if the battery switch needs to be on for it to work, but I'm pretty sure you dont need the engine to be running for it to work. There are also instrument panel lights.

If I understood him correctly he means the panel lights, the ones with the rotating switches. I believe the inverter must be on for those to come up. The cabin lights can be switched on regardless whether the engine is running or not but I think the battery must be on.

If I understood him correctly he means the panel lights, the ones with the rotating switches. I believe the inverter must be on for those to come up. The cabin lights can be switched on regardless whether the engine is running or not but I think the battery must be on.

Yeah he mentioned the rotary switches, but just said "internal lighting" so I wasnt sure which he was asking about.

I just fired up DCS, you can get all the panel lights with just battery, no motor required. The dome light works battery on or off.

Many thanks guys. I was actually looking for a cabin light so I could find the switches in the pitch black.

Funny thing being is that I was starting certain missions at dusk but the cabin light wouldn’t be lit, which it normally is by default, although the scene was pitch black. I think it may have been because I had the gamma setting too low.

I’m trying to find the optimum lighting conditions for the 5K+ by altering time of day, gamma, and pitools brightness settings. I’ll get there in the end.

Many thanks guys. I was actually looking for a cabin light so I could find the switches in the pitch black.

Funny thing being is that I was starting certain missions at dusk but the cabin light wouldn’t be lit, which it normally is by default, although the scene was pitch black. I think it may have been because I had the gamma setting too low.

I’m trying to find the optimum lighting conditions for the 5K+ by altering time of day, gamma, and pitools brightness settings. I’ll get there in the end.

What you can do if you like to have a flashlight available when it's dark is to use this MOD:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3622861

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thank you. I’ll grab that. I used to have the black MIP mod too but cannot bloody find it in my downloads folder. Can you point me to that too?
No, sorry. Can't help you with that.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

You have to have either the battery on or ground power hooked up and turned on for anything in the Huey to work. The dome light / interior cockpit light will come right on when you turn ground power on, if you do it without 1) turn your battery on, 2) turn the switch to either white or green.