Can't use Huey in Mission Editor

311Gryphon

I've had this problem for something like 2 years and have just been ignoring it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Huey several times over the past 12 months and this problem never goes away.

If I try to place the UH-1H in the mission editor, any map, it won't really place it. No icon pops up on the map and I can't choose "player" from the skill list. Also, the liveries list is empty. If I place a DIFFERENT helicopter they work like normal, then I can change the helicopter over to a UH-1H but the liveries list goes away, the icon on the map will not change (remains as whatever chopper I placed), and if I try to save the mission I get something like "invalid frequency" message.

Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had this problem for something like 2 years and have just been ignoring it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Huey several times over the past 12 months and this problem never goes away.

If I try to place the UH-1H in the mission editor, any map, it won't really place it. No icon pops up on the map and I can't choose "player" from the skill list.

Also, the liveries list is empty.

If I place a DIFFERENT helicopter they work like normal, then I can change the helicopter over to a UH-1H but the liveries list goes away, the icon on the map will not change (remains as whatever chopper I placed), and if I try to save the mission I get something like "invalid frequency" message.

Any ideas?

Will need a copy of your dcs.log as minimum and any other diags you can gather to see what might be happening.

Have you done the standards:

1. DCS Repair command
  2. DCS Cleanup command - Checks for MODS and other non-standard files
  3. Renaming and backing up your "Saved Games" Folder and recreating a fresh one.
  4. Put DCS into the whitelist or exceptions for no scanning activity in your Antivirus software to stop any interference with installation of updates.
  5. Re-testing DCS with these conditions met.

Most of the issues with the ME are related to:

1. 3rd party MODS being installed and becoming incompatible or only partially loaded after an update - most likely will show lua code errors in the dcs.log.
  2. Corrupt or incompatible entries in your "DCS Saved Games" directories.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll have to check on the skin, I had a custom one that I made for the Huey that I'll make sure isn't there.

As for corrupt files and whatnot, I can't say it isn't something like that; however, this has been going on for nearly 4 years which means it's been at least 3 installs of DCS for me, the latest on a fresh machine. So if it does happen to be something like that then there's some kind of problem with how DCS is installing things. I finally found my old post on the same subject and if I remember right it was from July 2015. I haven't been able to fly the Huey since before that time, which......sucks. Clearly it hasn't bothered me too much or I would have tried some things between now and then. But, I bought my new machine last summer and I remember the Huey didn't work out of the gates on the new install, and I got pretty frustrated and didn't bother with it till this week.

Anyway, that's all sort of beside the point at the moment till I can nail down what the issue is. I'll try skins first as that's the easiest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]