F-8 Crusader

MrDieing

I agree that a french version would probably bring in additional fans. Were the french ones ever used in combat of any sort?

Yes, well, sort of:

In October 1974, (on Clemenceau) and June 1977 (on Foch), Crusaders from 14.F squadron participated in the Saphir missions over Djibouti. On 7 May 1977, two Crusaders went separately on patrol against supposedly French Air Force (4/11 Jura squadron) F-100 Super Sabres stationed at Djibouti. The leader intercepted two fighters and engaged a dogfight (supposed to be a training exercise) but quickly called his wingman for help as he had actually engaged two Yemeni Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21s. The two French fighters switched their master armament to "on" but, ultimately, everyone returned to their bases. This was the only combat interception by French Crusaders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_F-8_Crusader#French_Navy :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We can pretend the war dragged into the 70's. I.e. the US decided to re-intervene in 1975. Then we can use the F14 too :)

Not sure this is commonly known, but in 1975 VF-1 and VF-2, the first two F-14 squadrons, flew CAP for Operation Frequent Wind, the evacuation of Saigon. From first flight to first CAP in four years and four months.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tacairnet.com/2015/04/15/tomcats-first-ride/amp/

Even more like F-5, but with THE NAVY written all over it.

True, but my point was that M3 already knows how to do the mig systems, which are similar to the F8.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not sure this is commonly known, but in 1975 VF-1 and VF-2, the first two F-14 squadrons, flew CAP for Operation Frequent Wind, the evacuation of Saigon. From first flight to first CAP in four years and four months.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tacairnet.com/2015/04/15/tomcats-first-ride/amp/

I knew that. But I doubt its well known.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If I can add, the Shenyang J-6s had significant power increases over the Soviet MiG-19. So, basically, we'll only have two Vietnam era aircraft; The UH-1H and the F-8.

Yeah, thats why I listed it in there as the J6. However it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for RZ to release that as variant, if enough is known about it.

Also, the Indo-Pak theater could also use some of these planes, again though typically the wrong models.

Personally, a Late 70s/Early 80s European theater would be preferable. Or Iceland. Especially Iceland, since we're going to be getting the F-14A, as well.

Using US Navy F-14As' BVR to break up a formation of incoming Soviet aircraft while Aeronavale Crusaders scream in to get up close and personal.

YESSSS....

Someone should do the forger too. :megalol:

YESSSS....

Someone should do the forger too. :megalol:

I would buy a Forger so fast, seriously.

I want to feel the need, the need for breaking 60 degrees of pitch in a hover which triggers the automated ejection.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I would buy a Forger so fast, seriously.

I want to feel the need, the need for breaking 60 degrees of pitch in a hover which triggers the automated ejection.

You gotta admit, it would be hillarious trying to learn to fly it... Wobble wobble, boom, FUUUUU! :megalol:

Its all fun and all, but will it be unsupported eternal beta abandonware like MiG-21bis?

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Yes!

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Yes!

The saddest part is that art side of your projects deserve undisputed praise. But you guys get all the stones thrown into code! Seriously, important things are misimplmented since project start, other things get broken with time and only art fixes or improvements commence. It looks like you need to hire a coder. Im sorry, my chair is burning. I love the 21, bought it on the first week of selling. Just want it to get into shape under the hood. And buy a real papers corresponding Crusader afterwards.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Way to go Leatherneck… err Magnitude, my Bad.

My guess will be the F8E.

Kewl would be a modernized smokey Essex Carrier!

Great news about the F-8 finally being created.......and I hope it is the classic US F-8 model that's given the attention,an F-8E would be my preference,I'm personally not interested in later French models.

Judging by the reception it's had from the newsbreaking,it looks as if it's going to be quite a popular module too.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Judging by the reception it's had from the newsbreaking,it looks as if it's going to be quite a popular module too.

Its gonna have some actual near-peer migs to fight so I think its gonna be popular. It should be able to fly off the Forrestal (historically). But I agree an older carrier would be cool too.

Its gonna have some actual near-peer migs to fight so I think its gonna be popular. It should be able to fly off the Forrestal (historically). But I agree an older carrier would be cool too.

Well,luck would have it,our dear friends creating the community A-4 are also well on their way to creating the USS Oriskany........Crusaders flew off the Oriskany during the Vietnam war.

I love it when a plan comes together smilewink.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Well,luck would have it,our dear friends creating the community A-4 are also well on their way to creating the USS Oriskany........Crusaders flew off the Oriskany during the Vietnam war.

I love it when a plan comes together smilewink.gif

Hopefully something can be worked to include the A-4 and Oriskany into the Coremods as "unofficial official" inshallah

Nothing prevents ED from adding them as AI units, if they meet the usual modelling standards. Just look at Chinese assets pack.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Nothing prevents ED from adding them as AI units, if they meet the usual modelling standards. Just look at Chinese assets pack.

Sure there are, there are definitely things preventing this. AFAIK, this is what has to be appropriately done:

• Form/"declare" the official team
  • Need a coder experienced with DCS for at least 3-5 years. So far, this requirement is a bit undetermined because their main coder(s) have left the team.
  • Need to request a license from ED along of SDK
  • Need to request a license from the manufacturer of the A-4 Skyhawk, Douglas.

This is so far what has been done:

• Need a 3D artist
  • Need proof of concept

And, I do not speak for the Community A-4E developers on this, but the team I believe does not currently share any interest in becoming a 3rd party. As much as I love how good the A-4E mod is and its systems for being free itself, the dream of it becoming an unofficially supported module is far from being achieved.

Deka is a majority/all Chinese team. I do not speak for the team there, but they likely created the 3D models for an AI assets pack as a way to become a 3rd party so that they would later come with the J-11A and JF-17 modules.