G Suit?

Cool-Hand

Any word on getting this feature back for the Mustang? Would be nice to have a little extra G tolerance available to use the P51's high speed maneuverability a little more effectively. I recall the module having this feature years ago.
If it's not already added, it must be.

But I'm not sure ED will ever even hear you. Or me. Or just not listen and work on something else.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well they did update the visuals at least and they look phenomenal, always good to see some warbird love. We supposedly will see a new damage model at some point... gotta think positive brother. Although with as many years as i've plied the DCS skies, you gotta be positive for a looonnggg time.

I don't know how much trouble it would be to put that back in though since i'm pretty sure it was removed around the time the German planes were released. Figure the coding is still in there somewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the new skins are nice but i'd rather have something that actually changes the aircraft in a meaningful way

i don't generally mind flying a double inferior bird but i do mind flying an unrealistically double inferior bird

especially as it's been roughly half a decade now

i feel like there's one guy who does anything for the P-51, he logs an hour a week on it tops, as none of the features the P-51 is missing are super complicated to add.

• 2 months later...
Any word on the g suit situation? I noticed a new marketing vid from ED for the stang and was wondering if it was going to get some love.

i think g suite is here but dont expec that you will hold 9g in it

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The P-51 use a G-Suit, was removed some ages ago but it come back.

Currently the Pilot can sustain around 6 G, that is the highest Number ingame of the Prob Fighter.

190 is around 5,5 G because of the lying Position of the Pilot, 109 and Spit around 5G.

This Numbers overall are pretty High.

Aerospace Medicine." Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 99."If a force of 4 to 6g is sustained for more than a few seconds, the resulting symptoms range from blackouts to total death."

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The P-51 use a G-Suit, was removed some ages ago but it come back.

Currently the Pilot can sustain around 6 G, that is the highest Number ingame of the Prob Fighter.

190 is around 5,5 G because of the lying Position of the Pilot, 109 and Spit around 5G.

This Numbers overall are pretty High.

Aerospace Medicine." Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 99."If a force of 4 to 6g is sustained for more than a few seconds, the resulting symptoms range from blackouts to total death."

Hmmm I must have missed the changelog where they said they put it back in then....when about time wise was it put back in?

I remember them taking it out since i believe when it was in, all the warbirds at the time 190 and 109 were also benefitting from it when that was historically inaccurate.

I dont know about the death part at 4 to 6gs for a few seconds...guess you could have a heart attack lol. Ive hit 5 for a few seconds doing aerobatics.... I could definitely see a blackout happening though if you arent ready for it or something and arent in semi ok shape.

Edited by Cool-Hand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have no clue at all when it came back, ED is realy sparesome with change notes about WW2 stuff, dont think there was also a Note when they removed it back then.

Was disscusion back then in 2015 Yoyo changed his mind.

Red Bull Pilots can also survive short amout of 10 G with Training, this does also applies for our Spit and P-51 ingame.

Was giving this a few weeks ago short try, thats why came across this Numbers you can check this ingame very easy.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Have no clue at all when it came back, ED is realy sparesome with change notes about WW2 stuff, dont think there was also a Note when they removed it back then.

Was disscusion back then in 2015 Yoyo changed his mind.

Red Bull Pilots can also survive short amout of 10 G with Training, this does also applies for our Spit and P-51 ingame.

Was giving this a few weeks ago short try, thats why came across this Numbers you can check this ingame very easy.

unfortunatly p-51's wings cant survive 10G

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor