[CORRECT AS IS] Dear ED Text and symbols on AMPCD is fracking unreadable with map

Dear ED Text on AMPCD is fracking unreadable with map visible.

I still love you. just a few minor issue you have to resolve.

But that text is kind of important.

I am not a F/A-18 driver. Never even sat in cockpit. But I am certain that Navy and Air Forces of allied nations that use Hornet would not accept display symbology that is unreadable. The SYMobology intensity rocker does not have sufficient range of contrast.

Please address it. Also, if possible, please have AMPCD export like RAZBAM modules. Even on 4K monitors AMPCD is far too small. My screen is 28" 2560X1440.

Thank you

FA18C_pit_screenCap..thumb.png.e84916279eeb2b6e6c104ae0f0276eab.png

As a workaround I switch the MPCD into night mode (NGT) and increase SYM by 2 or 3 klicks.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

if you find F/A-18C cockpit videos in real life with the map mode on, you can see that its either just as unreadable looking, or its in night mode while the plane is flying in daylight. So its accurate simulation. lol.

Videos of video screens cannot be used to judge quality of video'ed video. It has to be judged by looking at screen in actual setting with eyes. Espoeccially true for screens used to display tactical information or secure financial data.

if you find F/A-18C cockpit videos in real life with the map mode on, you can see that its either just as unreadable looking, or its in night mode while the plane is flying in daylight. So its accurate simulation. lol.

This is so not true. Not only a video of a video is by no means a way to judge quality or readability, but even watching one will make everyone see that the dcs hornet has a problem in coding. The problem is that the layers of text are mixed with the layer of the map, therefore every correction with knobs and buttons (bright, sym, contrast etc) is done in only one filter.

Stay safe

This helped me a lot, - and is simple to do and adjust to your liking- I find values of 8 and 3 a bit strong. open the file with notepad++ or similar.

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

change the following values:

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 1.1

to:

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 8

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 3

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] This must be reality, no sim can have this many bugs!

13700kf, 4090, 64gb.  HP g2.