Rift S stuck with nose in the Menus screen after paused game

Sofapiloz

Hi Folks,

Its not the issue that i almost start the game inside the intake of the Plane in the Background of the Start screen. If i hit Num5, all is fine.

But when i pause the Game (maybe my wife call me to dinner, maybe caused to some human circumstances...) and i hang my Rift S to its hook beside me. When i come back and put the Rift S back on my head, i stuck with the nose in the Menu Screen, or, in a paused mission, in the front panel of the plane or helo. Hit Num5 causes no effect, also when i recenter the view with the touch controllers. I,ve got to restart the game to solve this issue.

Any Ideas?

Thanks and fly safe!

Sofa

Excuse my bad english, but that's what I meant by "hit Num5". Flying in VR since I was one of the first Rift CV1 users.

Incidentally, this is a problem that I have never had with the Rift CV1. Maybe it's another Rift-S user out there who is tackling the same problem. I really think it's a Oculus Home / Inside-Out tracking problem rather than an DCS World issue.

Not seeing that on my end with my Rift S.

I do however have re-center VR in UI Layer bound to a button on my HOTAS, I do not use numpad 5.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Excuse my bad english, but that's what I meant by "hit Num5". Flying in VR since I was one of the first Rift CV1 users.

Incidentally, this is a problem that I have never had with the Rift CV1. Maybe it's another Rift-S user out there who is tackling the same problem. I really think it's a Oculus Home / Inside-Out tracking problem rather than an DCS World issue.

I also use a rift s. After taking off the hmd and putting it back on it always sticks me in the menu. Using the recent hmd shortcut has never failed to put me back into the correct position. Unless you set the key to num5 yourself then that isnt the correct keybind. I believe num5 defaults to adjusting normal view changes back to center, not VR. Make sure as well though that the dcs window is focused and that you arent in the controls menu. If you take off the hmd with the controls menu up the shortcut will not function and you'll have to scoot back to see the menu to escape it.

Edited by Talonx1

Mapped the „R“ key now for recenter in UI Layer.

Great Idea!

Now everything is fine in the Start screen. Only when i start a Mission my Nose stuck in the HUD with no chance to recenter... now i can play no DCS at all.

By the way: when i map for e.g. the trigger of my WH to recenter HMD, it overrides all other mappings. At all modules.

Mapped the „R“ key now for recenter in UI Layer.

Great Idea!

Now everything is fine in the Start screen. Only when i start a Mission my Nose stuck in the HUD with no chance to recenter... now i can play no DCS at all.

By the way: when i map for e.g. the trigger of my WH to recenter HMD, it overrides all other mappings. At all modules.

Anything mapped in the UI Layer, is global across all modules.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So, now that i calmed down a little bit:

I map „Num5“ to „recenter VR headset“ in „UI Layer“.

This will override the module-specific „Center View“ Function, that is mapped to „Num5“ by default, right? So if i push „Num5“ „recenter VR Headset“ will be executed. Is that correct so far?

This is how i handle it since I start flying in VR.

Ok, but that doesn't solve my current problem.

Case 1: After pausing DCS and hanging the rift to one side, the POV is extremely moved forward when I put the headset back on.

Case 2: Everything is still OK on the start screen. When I start the mission, too. Until I hit "esc" and click "resume" to start. BAM! I stick it with my nose in the HUD.

In both cases: "Recenter HMD" function in DCS only centers the image laterally. But does not establish the correct distance. Also centering using the Oculus software. (Button on the touch controller). The only way is to exit the program and restart. Sometimes...

I don't have a solution, but I'll add myself to the list who has an odd issue when taking the headset off mid-game. My issue is a little more severe than the OP, I lose the ability to interact with the game at all. So I have to go to desktop and force close via task manager. No clue why, but I think Oculus is the issue, because I have multiple installs of DCS (including 2.5.4) and this is new across all versions.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...

If the Centre VR key doesn't work then I use the right hand controller, press Oculus (menu) button which brings up a screen with "Reset view" and that sorts it out. I don't know why the Centrte VR key doesn't always work.