Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

37 minutes ago, rogorogo said:

While I am in no position to raise my voice there are nonetheless some things coming to mind I would like to submit for additional consideration.
As recently stated the serverrunners and admins stress that real life comes first and the Cold War Server is a hobby - an extremely healthy and for the fidelic topic almost solely suitable motivation.

Nonetheless from my outside point of view the seeming lack of a structured, ansynchronous colaboration space (fe asana.com ) to apply time and energy when available and being able to track items in a structured fashions seems to have caused additional nuisance (or simply waste of precious free time and energy) detracting from bringing things forward or simply maintenance.
Same goes for the humurous mirror of core Eagle in there being no structured channel to submit issues.

Now if there was an official discord to be gestated (social media, oh dear..., and before giving away UCIDs, there is a discord script where players can add a randomly discord-generated unique ID to add on their profile page that then fully automated greenlights them for rights and adds roles an even ensure their local discord name matches up with their profile moniker [in the absence of the ingame moniker being part of their profile information]) for whatever reason, maybe this could also solve these issues.

A "Troubleshooting" channel could be added and I know of a discord script that automatically generates a ticket-thread in the channel (by type command like fe "-new" or "-create" or "-ticket", with the channel still being available for normal exchanges), only visible to the submitting ID and the "admins" (or roles/persons chose) unless set otherwise for reasons of wider information submission fe.
These threads can then be used to track both issues submitted and simply generated internally, with the threads being able to be added to and eventually closed when the issue is resolved or the time found to implement whatever their topic was.
It would also encourage submissions as they are no longer subject to opinionation while structuring them in a rigid thus workable upcom channeling.

This imho would solve the issue of asynced time, timezones and energy as well as availability while also solving the issue to mentally keep track or look up issues and to-dos in an unstructured fashion in multiple sources or this forum thread.

The automation would not only raise the level of collaboration and reduce chaotic (in the technical terminology) maintenance allocation imo but free up time and energy that could be focused on the actual core tasks.

As for discord itself the "threat" of further erosion to proper coms (in-game "voice chat", SRS - which btw might or might not be able to cross-integrate btw) for a "gamified" discord-voicing is naturally something that would also need carefull consideration.

But again - I am in no position to raise (well, type actually) my voice (well, thoughts actually).. but reading this while just glancing for general news in eventuality had this spring to my mind.

You don't have to be in any position to share your thoughts or ideas. These are always welcome, mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

Operation Into The Desert has been updated. Here's the change log.

In addition, the rainy weather has been replaced by sunshine and a few clouds. Let's see how it goes without rain.

I'll put the mission online tomorrow, 11.01.2022, around 1900 zulu.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

In addition, the rainy weather has been replaced by sunshine and a few clouds. Let's see how it goes without rain.

🙏 😀

2 hours ago, rogorogo said:

While I am in no position to raise my voice there are nonetheless some things coming to mind I would like to submit for additional consideration.
As recently stated the serverrunners and admins stress that real life comes first and the Cold War Server is a hobby - an extremely healthy and for the fidelic topic almost solely suitable motivation.

Nonetheless from my outside point of view the seeming lack of a structured, ansynchronous colaboration space (fe asana.com ) to apply time and energy when available and being able to track items in a structured fashions seems to have caused additional nuisance (or simply waste of precious free time and energy) detracting from bringing things forward or simply maintenance.
Same goes for the humurous mirror of core Eagle in there being no structured channel to submit issues.

Now if there was an official discord to be gestated (social media, oh dear..., and before giving away UCIDs, there is a discord script where players can add a randomly discord-generated unique ID to add on their profile page that then fully automated greenlights them for rights and adds roles an even ensure their local discord name matches up with their profile moniker [in the absence of the ingame moniker being part of their profile information]) for whatever reason, maybe this could also solve these issues.

A "Troubleshooting" channel could be added and I know of a discord script that automatically generates a ticket-thread in the channel (by type command like fe "-new" or "-create" or "-ticket", with the channel still being available for normal exchanges), only visible to the submitting ID and the "admins" (or roles/persons chose) unless set otherwise for reasons of wider information submission fe.
These threads can then be used to track both issues submitted and simply generated internally, with the threads being able to be added to and eventually closed when the issue is resolved or the time found to implement whatever their topic was.
It would also encourage submissions as they are no longer subject to opinionation while structuring them in a rigid thus workable upcom channeling.

This imho would solve the issue of asynced time, timezones and energy as well as availability while also solving the issue to mentally keep track or look up issues and to-dos in an unstructured fashion in multiple sources or this forum thread.

The automation would not only raise the level of collaboration and reduce chaotic (in the technical terminology) maintenance allocation imo but free up time and energy that could be focused on the actual core tasks.

As for discord itself the "threat" of further erosion to proper coms (in-game "voice chat", SRS - which btw might or might not be able to cross-integrate btw) for a "gamified" discord-voicing is naturally something that would also need carefull consideration.

But again - I am in no position to raise (well, type actually) my voice (well, thoughts actually).. but reading this while just glancing for general news in eventuality had this spring to my mind.

That ticket generator is an excellent idea.

The Discord does not have to have public Voice channels. I don't think it needs them nor would I think it would be a good idea.

I think a Discord server with an integration announcing when folks join the arena might be useful 

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Am 10.1.2022 um 20:31 schrieb Alpenwolf:

Server News:

Am 14.12.2021 um 14:53 schrieb Alpenwolf:

- Mi-24P: Removed the info boxes for the pilot's AI menu -> Petrovich. You should only see the cursor now.

that might not have made it into the update, screenshot from yesterday:
image.png

2 hours ago, rogorogo said:

that might not have made it into the update, screenshot from yesterday:
image.png

Thanks for reporting. Fixed.

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

12 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

I've been flying the Mig-29A, but the trimming doesn't work. I checked and it doesn't work on Su-27 and Su-33 either.

Do you know any solution for this?

Works fine for me and in all 3 modules. Hard to tell what the problem is on your side without knowing more.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi has been updated. Here's the change log.

In addition, a few changes were made:
- L-39's operate from Abu Dhabi Intl and C-101's operate from Al Dhafra AFB.
- Both airbases are part of the objective; Capturing and holding all 4 airbases at Abu Dhabi.
- The two trainer jets act as some sort of quick interceptors at the front line.
- Added reserve slots for MiG-21's, MiG-19's and MiG-15's at Abu Dhabi Intl.
- Added reserve slots for F-5's, AJS37's and F-86's at Al Dhafra AFB.
- Note that weapons are limited at the two airbases, but available nonetheless.
- Pilots should always RTB to the main airbase rather than transferring their jets to the front line. Losing the airbase to the enemy grounds your jets!
- Transferring your jet to the front line should only be in case of an emergency. At the end of the day, it's up to the players.

* The mission goes online tonight around 1900 zulu.
* Operation Search & Destroy goes online tomorrow, 14.01.2022, around 1900 zulu.
* Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed goes online this Saturday, 15.01.2022, around 1800 zulu. Yes, 1800, not 1900.

• Like 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 1/10/2022 at 1:33 PM, rogorogo said:

The IL-2 Server Combat Box Discord uses a ticketing system that is discord based for the admins to jump into things. It works really well. 

On 1/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, rogorogo said:

please extrapolate - how exactly "does not work" manifest?

18 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Works fine for me and in all 3 modules. Hard to tell what the problem is on your side without knowing more.

It's very simple, I press the buttons assigned for trimming and it doesn't work, it doesn't do anything.

But I think it is a problem in my installation, this last open beta has given me several problems. Thank you gentlemen.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Tavo89:

It's very simple, I press the buttons assigned for trimming and it doesn't work, it doesn't do anything.

But I think it is a problem in my installation, this last open beta has given me several problems. Thank you gentlemen.

well.. then the usual full list:

• go to control and check if keybinds are still there (DCS patches like to wipe some here and there)
  • check in controls if keybinds still work and rebind them to the same keys or different ones if they do no (DCS patches like to do that here and there)

and in general be conscious that jets of this generation are often flown in neutral time by using the alt-hold or SAU APs (AP on, wait until the plane retrimmed itself, AP off - all in level flight) instead of the actual trim

So far the changes I see regarding the Huey are:

Open Range; No Stingers, no troops

Once Upon a Time in Dubai; No Stingers, no troops

Into The Desert; No weapons (no rain? Too challenging for the pilots?)

Two Towns; No weapons, no troops

Edited by Miccara

17 minutes ago, Miccara said:

From my point of view, the previous poor weather in Into the Desert enticed the Red fighters to fly in or above the clouds in the hopes that  they could shoot people in the face with their radar missiles. In turn, the Blue fighters, knowing the above, stayed on the deck. After a few sorties of this, the mission becomes dull for the F-5 unless there is a JTAC to lase ground targets. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

3 hours ago, Miccara said:

Open Range and Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi having no troops is deliberate.

Into The Desert having no weapons? I'll check it out.
Changing the weather is something I always do in all missions from time to time. The rain will be back at some point or added to a different mission.

Two Towns has been fixed, tested by rossmum and weapons are available. Now you're confusing me.

3 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

From my point of view, the previous poor weather in Into the Desert enticed the Red fighters to fly in or above the clouds in the hopes that  they could shoot people in the face with their radar missiles. In turn, the Blue fighters, knowing the above, stayed on the deck. After a few sorties of this, the mission becomes dull for the F-5 unless there is a JTAC to lase ground targets. 

Not all MiG-21's fly above or in the clouds and sooner or later they come down when bored. Or, F-5's go up if bored before the MiG's are 😉

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

3 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Open Range and Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi having no troops is deliberate.

Changing the weather is something I always do in all missions from time to time. The rain will be back at some point or added to a different mission.

Two Towns has been fixed, tested by rossmum and weapons are available. Now you're confusing me.

Not all MiG-21's fly above or in the clouds and sooner or later they come down when bored. Or, F-5's go up if bored before the MiG's are 😉

Not my experience the last two times we flew this mission. Glad the clouds will be gone. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

15 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I think the hind can load atgms at the farp but not at the miltary base.

47 minutes ago, Joss said:

Hi ! Is the server running on openbeta or stable version ? 🙂 I cannot find it in the openbeta server list...

Thanks !

OB. If you can't find it, just connect via IP:

Server's Name: Cold War 1947 - 1991
Server IP:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Joss said:

Found it thank you very much ! Is there a document where I can find the rules, etc ?

On the first page of this thread and in the briefing images of every mission.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Am 15.1.2022 um 15:02 schrieb irgendjemand:

I think the hind can load atgms at the farp but not at the miltary base.

@Alpenwolf & @rossmum - can confirm, "Into the Desert", RED MilBase, for Shaitan-Arbas no AAMs, no ATGMSs, but UB Dumbfire Rocket Pods (HE, AP only, not HEAT,AP) in limited numbers.

Probably nothing more serious than a typo or a warehouse issue.

11 hours ago, rogorogo said:

@Alpenwolf & @rossmum - can confirm, "Into the Desert", RED MilBase, for Shaitan-Arbas no AAMs, no ATGMSs, but UB Dumbfire Rocket Pods (HE, AP only, not HEAT,AP) in limited numbers.

Probably nothing more serious than a typo or a warehouse issue.

I just deleted the Mi-24's FARP's and added new ones with configured warehouses. Hope it fixes the issue. A very weird issue by the way, which seems to affect some FARP's, but not all in the very same mission. Go figure...

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Alpenwolf:

I just deleted the Mi-24's FARP's and added new ones with configured warehouses. Hope it fixes the issue. A very weird issue by the way, which seems to affect some FARP's, but not all in the very same mission. Go figure...

It is Eagle Dynamics's world - we are just here to get whiplash from smh...

(yes, I know.. this still needs work.. but every bonmot has to start somwhere.. right.. RIGHT? 🙂 )