Beeping or tone when using Laster guided GBU12

Rhinozherous

Hello!

When I use the GBU12 with TGP I get a high pitched tone long beep and after that a lower pitched long tone around the release... I was wondering if this is some sort of audio guiding or if I may have mistaken something else?

Thank you

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

A track would be helpful, because the RWR also makes beeps. However there is no audio associated with the laser or gbu delivery.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I think it is indeed the RWR or Missile Launch Warning... I thought there was no surface threat but I forgot about some tanks, they could have fired on me.

Tacan volume was off.

Wanted to know if there is audio guidance for lasing or something.

Thank you guys!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

As long as these tanks weren't radar guided AAA-tanks (Gepard, Shilka a.s.o.), you won't get any warning. And these guys are a surface thread, if you get close enough.

If they were AAA-tanks, you should have seen them on the AI.

I thought about the Missile Launch Warning System... if this is already functional on the F16? Not sure :huh:

This would also detect IR missile launches

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

There is no MWS on the Viper in DCS.

I thought so because of the MWS switch on the Countermeasures panel in the plane... but I have rechecked it with the Chucks Guide and it says it is not available on the block 50 - good to know :thumbup:

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020