A 109´s "pilot" needs to thanks by this wonderfull sim and plane.

I flought this plane for ages in many other simulators and they never seemed or feels real like in DCS now.

Yours 109... sounds better, looks better, Seems better, flying better... And its so fun! I never think about that. The wait for new DM show me that this plane and this simulator enjoy me too much for long time and still enjoying!

And now that replays looks to work again...I´m enjoying twice time...Flying somewhere making manouvers and landing on Tarawa,and then watchting the replay...WOW! It feels and looks too good!

Thinking about this...I´m trying to say with my limited english...THANKS soo much ED and all people behind this incredible simulator!

:worthy:

Edited by greco.bernardi
  • Like 1

ya ive been loving the K4 allot lately and with some of these work in progress damage effects its really cool, and now we have more Gun load outs with tracers for the mk108. She sounds amazing and fly's so good and rewards your great pilotship when you have it lol.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

you should have flown her a year ago. the newly implemented stick forces at low speeds are ridicoulus! u need to trim the plane to turn... no other warbird reacts so badly to stick input at low speeds.

I get the general impression that WW2 fighters had rather stiff sticks at higher speeds, but I have a hard time believing it was that bad on the 109... You can barely move the stick at 400 km/h or more.

If the real 109 was like that, with an ultra-stiff stick at higher speeds, then real 109 pilots would have done what we do in the sim--just trim up a bit, and when going fast in a dogfight, just hold the stick forward a bit to stay level like we do.

That way, when you need to turn tight, you have the pitch control available.

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I get the general impression that WW2 fighter had rather stiff sticks at higher speeds, but I have a hard time believing it was that bad on the 109... You can barely move the stick at 400 km/h or more.

If the real 109 was like that, with an ultra-stiff stick at higher speeds, then real 109 pilots would have done what we do in the sim--just trim up a bit, and when going fast in a dogfight, just hold the stick forward a bit to stay level like we do.

AD

I posted stick forces fro fw 190 and bf 109. bf 109 has ludicrous stick forces compare to fw190.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I get the general impression that WW2 fighter had rather stiff sticks at higher speeds, but I have a hard time believing it was that bad on the 109... You can barely move the stick at 400 km/h or more.

AD

i have a hard time believing this aswell, also compared to the other warbirds we have. i have a ffb stick and i really can feel the planes. i wonder if theres any fighter pilot out there talking about this ...

sry for the highjack:thumbup:

i have a hard time believing this aswell, also compared to the other warbirds we have. i have a ffb stick and i really can feel the planes. i wonder if theres any fighter pilot out there talking about this ...

sry for the highjack:thumbup:

The OP will soon come to his senses :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

No clue what you folks are talking about but as per sop some are here just to bitch and whine like always. You may want to check your curves and get rid of them as im not experiencing any issue turning high speed or low speed. Maybe the buttkicker helps in feeling it? She fly's great for me. So OP dont listen to the rabble most have not a clue what they talk about and are use to the OTHER So called sim....

No clue what you folks are talking about but as per sop some are here just to bitch and whine like always. You may want to check your curves and get rid of them as im not experiencing any issue turning high speed or low speed. Maybe the buttkicker helps in feeling it? She fly's great for me. So OP dont listen to the rabble most have not a clue what they talk about and are use to the OTHER So called sim....

Can you show us how many G's are you able to pull/push with your settings?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Can you show us how many G's are you able to pull/push with your settings?

This is a exercise for you, not me. I can fly the K4 and agree with what Yo-Yo has simulated in dcs. If you cant pull until your unconscious then i do not know what your issue is.

This is a exercise for you, not me. I can fly the K4 and agree with what Yo-Yo has simulated in dcs. If you cant pull until your unconscious then i do not know what your issue is.

You don't understand.. I give up on you.

Specs:

Settings:

For example Fw 190 stick forces are almost non up to 500-600kph,

In case of Bf109 10-20kg of stick force is coming quite quickly, definetly bf109's pilot cant yank stick as fast as it can be in fw190.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Interesting how a "thanks" thread gets derailed with the same bullshit every time… :doh: :music_whistling:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

you should have flown her a year ago. the newly implemented stick forces at low speeds are ridicoulus! u need to trim the plane to turn... no other warbird reacts so badly to stick input at low speeds.

That's what it is. Took the k4 up the other day since a very long time and thought to myself that this doesn't feel right. Not saying that the forces shouldn't be there but they do feel a little exaggerated

I am sorry to say, but DCS prop fighters fall short from realistic compared to my glider!!!

I have tested it several times and I don't experience anywhere near those stick forces and even less the torque effects,

unless I enter a rotor...

So, ED, work on your FDM and make it all feel like a glider please!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

dont know what the hell your talking about, i just compared it to the other props in dcs. no ones talking about gliders :D besides u so im probably wrong with that assumption!

man i would like to understand but i just dont. just had a quick read on that sticky about the <FORCES>

everybody take care and free hugs,

yours sincerely rog

I dont know what people are yelling about!, the stick forces are no hindrance and appreciate its an attempt to simulate the real bird. She flys great and can out class a Spit if you fly her to the very edge. I think some of you are forgetting to use your rudder.

And ya this was a appreciation thread as its the best sim of a 109 period and thankful we have it and it continues to evolve as dcs does. Amongst all these shit posts, heres a thank you to the devs:thumbup:

You just don't want the stick forces to be changed because you're afraid.. that's all. You're afraid of how good the Bf will become, just as it was in the real life.

If not, then you're just being blind to ignore the stick forces that begins to be felt at 250-300 km/h which is nowhere near real life data.

Another question is how these forces are implemented. I mean, the virtual pilot is a handicapped one handed little girl that cannot pull 30kg, because this is how it is portrayed in DCS. At least we should have the possibility to pull with 2 hands if this is how ED wants it, WITH stupid stick forces.

Specs:

Settings:

I dont get it, I'm not having issue pulling the stick for maneuvers, maybe i can feel the dynamics better with the buttkicker and software but anyways i just don't have issues. Far from scared on my end K4 i love it and honestly would hate they simplify things to make it easier, its not why i fly dcs warbirds...

dont know what the hell your talking about, i just compared it to the other props in dcs. no ones talking about gliders :D besides u so im probably wrong with that assumption!

man i would like to understand but i just dont. just had a quick read on that sticky about the <FORCES>

everybody take care and free hugs,

yours sincerely rog

Just saying I want my glider stick forces and prop torque in ALL DCS Modules! NOW! :pilotfly:

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dont get it, I'm not having issue pulling the stick for maneuvers, maybe i can feel the dynamics better with the buttkicker and software but anyways i just don't have issues. Far from scared on my end K4 i love it and honestly would hate they simplify things to make it easier, its not why i fly dcs warbirds...

Watch this:

First of all, check the controls graphics on the left side and monitor the pitch. Then check the maximum G you can pull @ the optimum corner speed for the 109 K-4 ~450km/h. We are not happy with these values for G. I pulled the stick all the way, but in the game there is this lag implemented as the 'stick forces'. So, is the pilot pulling with one hand or with 2 hands?

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Settings:

weird im pulling over 6g you can see that in the track i posted on discord, track is to big for here. I do see you need to be more aggressive on the rudder.

Later in the pit ill try at the same speed

weird im pulling over 6g you can see that in the track i posted on discord, track is to big for here. I do see you need to be more aggressive on the rudder.

Later in the pit ill try at the same speed

So, please answer this, the pilot s pulling with one hand or with 2 hands?

Specs:

Settings: