VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Here is a set of kneeboard cheat sheets I made with all the RIO commands from the manual if anyone wants them. I Never remember the right phrase to say so they help me out big time.

First page could be this for quick reference:

These are all the commands to bring up the menu for additional commands. prob easier to learn in game:

RIO OPTIONS:

(JESTER)

Scan Range

Scan Azimuth

Scan Elevation

Track Single

Select Stores

Set Fuse

Set Ripple Quanity

Set Ripple Time

Set Ripple Distance

Select Stations

Radio Mode

Link Mode

Link Host

Navigate

Restore

Tacan Mode

TACAN Ground Station

TACAN Tune

Countermeasures Mode

Flares Mode

Chaff Program

Display

Dispense Order

Flares Program

(ICEMAN)

Set Altitude

Change Altitude

Change Speed

Set Heading

Turn

OK so this is probably me missing something, I have the latest AIRIO expansion installed 2.5.1 I've tried this with ICS hot mic on and off, we have complex comms on the server. I try to contact the tanker or AWACS on our server in the F14B with the radio tuned correctly, the command is recognised and actioned in DCS but the asset does not respond, ATC is fine. Other aircraft work ok and it was working ok before installing the AIRIO. I'm not sure what the issue is, I'd appreciate any advice.

Hollywood, kudos to you for this software mate it increases my immersion no end

edit: forgot to mention that pilots flying the F14 without VA can contact and get a response with no issue, I can't even hear their responses.

Edited by Badger1409

CO 801 Naval Air Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII MB, i7 7700k Overclocked 4.79Ghz, Corsair H100i Pro Watercooler, ASUS ROG Strix Gaming RTX 2080 Ti 11GB OC, 32GB RAM, Oculus Rift CV1, Warthog HOTAS, Razer Tarterus 2 Gaming keypad, Kingston trackball, Thrustmater MFD's, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

I'm trying to validate the VAICOMPRO licence key but I cannot open the config window via VA.

-VA: Run as Admin

- Windows 10 Narrator: disabled

- Keyboard shortcuts: On

- plugin support: enabled

latest VA log:

21:37:55 - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

21:37:55 - Ready for commands.

21:37:54 - Initializing..

21:37:54 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

21:37:54 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: FREE

21:37:54 - Plugin support enabled.

--------

Any ideas how I can fix this problem ?

Gents, I'm confused: is it possible to use VAICOM Pro, with Easy Communication disabled in DCS settings, - without settings frequencies manually on a radio panel?

In other word: If I use VAICOM Pro with Easy Communication enabled in DCS - when I address to a tower - its frequency is set automatically.

And I know there is a checkbox in VAICOM Pro Preferencies: "Select Tunes Radio".

But I cannot get the radio tuned automatically with this checkbox set - If Ez Comm is disabled in DCS..

Hi.. Just try giving the order to the RIO keying the radio you want to change the freq (182 in this case), not keying the ICS.

Anyway, although I can make him change the freq this way, I'm still not able to comunicate throug his radio. Tune the exact same freq on my 159 radio and I get response with no problems. So for me, 182 radio is still completely dead.. more people with same issue??

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Nobody else getting their radio frequency changing in FA-18C on connecting with a Tanker

Easy Comms is on and I've tried in several servers, always the same.

Tune to the correct frequency and then when initiating comms with the tanker the radio frequency changes by 1 or 2 MHz (up or down it seems random)

I can still contact the tanker but in some cases I could not get a "clear contact" and get him to spool the hose

When I switch off VAICOM I can do everything through the menu commands or my use my own VA profile without issue.

Hollywood - reposting this because you are quite knowledgable and respond quickly

---------------------

Gents,

I have successfully managed to setup DCS with SimShaker, VoiceAttack, Vaicom, AIRIO, Tacview

The problem starts with DCS updates but also individual update of these many modules. Through some hamfisted deleting of export.lua and individual add onexport folders in DCS/saved games and DCS.OpenBeta/saved games.

Bunch of questions

What exactly is the process of updating these starting with DCS?

I thought export.lua was generated by DCS but it looks like the modules are doing it? Is that right?

If that's the case, then how come I see one export.lua file contain multiple calls to export said modules?

Should I be deleting just the folders, the export.lua file or both?

I have tried to make sure that export.lua has a backup copy with calls to create exports for all 4 addones -but this doesn't seem to be enough. Tacview seems to require a full reinstall to actually get working.

Lastly - how do I create a repeatable process for updating DCS and addons. DCS + add ons are now updating thier software at least once a week if not more and then the whole thing breaks down. Voiceattack+Vaicom+AIRIO stop listening to voicecommands, Simshaker will randomly start shaking and tacview stops creating meaningful tracks.

It sometimes takes an hour or two of repeated deletes and DCS restarts, launching missions, testing voice, testing Jester, testing tacview and I have to imagine it can be a quicker process.

Birdman. For some reason Jester switches from AM to FM. That is why no response.

Didn't know.. I'll try it.. Thank U!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Birdman. For some reason Jester switches from AM to FM. That is why no response.

I'm guessing this is my issue as well I'll check when I'm able

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII MB, i7 7700k Overclocked 4.79Ghz, Corsair H100i Pro Watercooler, ASUS ROG Strix Gaming RTX 2080 Ti 11GB OC, 32GB RAM, Oculus Rift CV1, Warthog HOTAS, Razer Tarterus 2 Gaming keypad, Kingston trackball, Thrustmater MFD's, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

I can't get VAICOM Pro to work

Sorry, but I can't get VAICOM Pro to work. I've read through the manual, watched the tutorial video, but VAICOM won't work for me. Plain vanilla VA works fine with my own profiles. I then installed the VAICOM and VAICOM Chatter Plugins (but left the AIRIO plugin out for now). For a first test I hopped into my F14 standing cold & dark on an airfield. First thing would be to attach ground power. So I tried TX1, TX4 and TX5 one after another with the voice command "Chief, Ground Power ON". This command obviously is recognized from VA, but nothing happens in DCS. I also tried several other commands, i.e. request to taxi whith engies running, but there is never any response in DCS.

Please see the attached screenshot vom VA that clearly shows that VAICOM has been initialized, and my command has been received via TX1. What am I missing?

vaicom1.PNG.9517f632db8fd4ab55e9e18b921372ae.PNG

Jester gets the Datalink Frequency wrong.

On a few occasions I noticed that when asking Jester to set "Link Host <unit name>" he tunes the DL to a frequency other than the one in the mission for that unit (e.g. AWACS or Carrier)(reference info is the kneeboard). sometimes he is off by only 0.2 MHz but he is still off. Is this a VAICOM ARIO issue or is it an F-14 module bug?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Can anyone explain the following. On starting VA I test it, and get this (reads from the bottom-up as it appears in the VA output):

18:56:21 - Listening suspended
18:56:21 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
18:56:17 - Constructing message... 
18:56:17 - TX1 | VHF AM: [ ATC ],[   ],[   ] Inbound [   ] [   ]
18:56:17 - Unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category
18:56:17 - Have result, identified as command : Inbound
18:56:17 - Captured sentence: inbound
18:56:17 - Recognized : 'inbound' (Confidence 85)
18:56:15 - Listening resumed
18:56:15 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

Which confirms PTT and speech recognition are working absolutely fine. However with DCS running a simple mission in the Hornet I just get:

18:59:51 - Listening suspended
18:59:51 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
18:59:47 - TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: Radio 38 AM 251.000 MHz tuned to recipient KC135MPRS Texaco
18:59:47 - TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: Radio 38 AM 251.000 MHz tuned to recipient Al Maktoum Intl OMDW
18:59:47 - Listening resumed
18:59:47 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

This seems to suggest my radio is tuned correctly, but I can't get anything recognised. Neither "Approaching for refuel" or "Texaco, approaching for refuel" get any response.

It's nothing specific to this mission, which has worked fine in the past. Current nothing is working at all. Furthermore, after quitting DCS *and* restarting VA it still doesn't recognise commands as in the first example until I reboot the PC.

I've reset VAICOM multiple times to no avail, and disabled AIRIO in case that was the cause. No idea what else to do.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

@Redeyestorm, you sir, are a star, thank you! Jester does indeed change the radio to FM when he tunes the radio so the tankers and AWACS don't receive the transmission, tell jester to change the radio mode to AM and it works fine.

Badger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, but I can't get VAICOM Pro to work. I've read through the manual, watched the tutorial video, but VAICOM won't work for me. Plain vanilla VA works fine with my own profiles. I then installed the VAICOM and VAICOM Chatter Plugins (but left the AIRIO plugin out for now). For a first test I hopped into my F14 standing cold & dark on an airfield. First thing would be to attach ground power. So I tried TX1, TX4 and TX5 one after another with the voice command "Chief, Ground Power ON". This command obviously is recognized from VA, but nothing happens in DCS. I also tried several other commands, i.e. request to taxi whith engies running, but there is never any response in DCS.

Please see the attached screenshot vom VA that clearly shows that VAICOM has been initialized, and my command has been received via TX1. What am I missing?

I think it is the radio band - yours shows VHF/AM while mine shows

16:28:22 - TX1 | VHF/UHF ARC-182: [ Crew ],[ ],[ ] Connect Air Supply [ ] [ ]

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

any chance you can add "no menus" to a hot key? The menus are a constant issue with using any radios on all planes. .seems only the f14 can disable menus when using SRS.. F18 is another story. I still need to access the F10 menu and dont see an easy way of having the best of both worlds.

any chance you can add "no menus" to a hot key? The menus are a constant issue with using any radios on all planes. .seems only the f14 can disable menus when using SRS.. F18 is another story. I still need to access the F10 menu and dont see an easy way of having the best of both worlds.

Hi Maestro

What do you mean by Menus? Do you mean the F radiomenu (F1-F12)

With Vaicom Pro you can use the "options" voicecommand to open the F-menu and the "Take" command followed by the F number you like to select. "Take 1" selects the F1 option in the menu. "Take 10" = F10 Other.

Im not sure what you ask though :(

If you have the F-menu popping in and out all the time then Vaicom Pro did`nt recognized the module/plane you are useing.

Sorry.. shooting in the dark here :music_whistling:

Edited by Agent_wolf
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

:helpsmilie:I'm having the exact problem here, I just went through the manual item-by-item and cannot get this application to function at all. Additionally, when the button to toggle "chatter" is depressed, my ViewTracker program goes mad. Looks like the POV for someone experiencing a seizure. If you find out what's up please update .

Cheers,

CB3