Experience with VIRPIL

Hello All

I would just like to share my experience of VIRPIL over the past 4 months

About 4 months ago my Warthog stick snapped off. So I started to look round for another flight system as TM were not very helpful.

After looking at VKB and VIRPIL i chose to go with the latter as the customer services reviews where pretty good from what I had read and I had already contacted VKB via email and the response wasn't great at all

I placed my order

1 x Mongoose T50 stick

1 x Mongoose T50 Throttle until (Said not available till june 9th, which i was happy to wait)

1 x Desk mount for the stick

Total cost I spent was in excess of 700 Euros

I received the stick and the mount within 10 days of ordering

9th of June came and went, no communications from VIRPIL about any delays, checked the order status just after the 9th and the delay had been updated to end of July (this should have been communicated via email, shouldn't be my responsibility to chase them)

I have just checked the site today and order is still being processed, its now August, I have waited and waited for this product with no communication from VIRPIL (unless I log a ticket and complain, then i get a response)

So today I have created a ticket stating that if the product is not shipped within 7 days, just give me my 355 Euros back as I think i have been more than fair

Anyways that's my experience with the product

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Exactly my point, why would i think to look in the ED forums to get an update from an order i placed with a company mate - they should have sent out emails, i have received nothing from them.

Not to worry, they either want my business or they dont :) up to them

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I have just checked the site today and order is still being processed, its now August, I have waited and waited for this product with no communication from VIRPIL (unless I log a ticket and complain, then i get a response)

So, you do get an answer if you contact them?

https://virpil.com/en/blog/137-vpc-pre-order-dispatch-update

That blog is open to anyone. Did you sign up to the newsletter?

So today I have created a ticket stating that if the product is not shipped within 7 days, just give me my 355 Euros back as I think i have been more than fair

You pre ordered a product. Yes, their projected release date has slipped.

That happens to early access software as well.

Not to Razbam terrains though... ;)

They have a good product (I assume that throttle is good based on the stick/gimbal I have), but they are still very slowly learning how to handle sales business.

Unfortunately they are not anywhere close to average level of service expected in a market where companies like Logitech, Thrustmasters and shops like Amazon with their super efficient customer and sales service are the norm.

I treat this as a sort of experimental startup I gamble with. I know I should get high quality almost hand made product, but I don't know when and I'll have to chase them around to know what's going on. Otherwise, I'd really suggest to never pre-order or buy anything which isn't in stock .

They have next to zero competition at the moment so the pressure has to come from us, the customers being vocal.

I'd strongly suggest to Vripil to not to charge people for items which weren't shipped. If there is assembly time required state it clearly that it's "assembly time" not ambiguous "processing". Frequent updates via e-mail after order was placed are very important. If item is handmade on order and there is no stock kept this needs to be very clearly stated too - if you require a deposit to start assembly, be transparent about it. You will be seen as a boutique shop making handmade items on order instead a company who may or may not be trusted.

Edited by mdee

They have a good product (I assume that throttle is good based on the stick/gimbal I have), but they are still very slowly learning how to handle sales business.

Unfortunately they are not anywhere close to average level of service expected in a market where companies like Logitech, Thrustmasters and shops like Amazon with their super efficient customer and sales service are the norm.

I treat this as a sort of experimental startup I gamble with. I know I should get high quality almost hand made product, but I don't know when and I'll have to chase them around to know what's going on. Otherwise, I'd really suggest to never pre-order or buy anything which isn't in stock .

They have next to zero competition at the moment so the pressure has to come from us, the customers being vocal.

I'd strongly suggest to Vripil to not to charge people for items which weren't shipped. If there is assembly time required state it clearly that it's "assembly time" not ambiguous "processing". Frequent updates via e-mail after order was placed are very important. If item is handmade on order and there is no stock kept this needs to be very clearly stated too - if you require a deposit to start assembly, be transparent about it. You will be seen as a boutique shop making handmade items on order instead a company who may or may not be trusted.

I wanna add: Never launch again three new products at the same time. :music_whistling:

:megalol:

Exactly my point, why would i think to look in the ED forums to get an update from an order i placed with a company mate - they should have sent out emails, i have received nothing from them.

Not to worry, they either want my business or they dont :) up to them

They do have other areas where they communicate with customers..

Twitter

Facebook

Their blog

support@virpil.com

Reddit

Newsletter

and here!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I'm sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your experience with VPC. Unfortunately we do not have a mass email system in place at this time. All news updates are posted to our blog! We are working on launching a direct newsletter/notification system as we speak.

You are free to of course contact us at any time for updates as well if any of the announcements are not clear!

We do also offer a no-questions-asked refund policy for any orders not yet dispatches!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]