rain effect working in VR

hannibal

I think it looks gorgeous. If there are any problems, I did not notice. Sun rise with rain in the f-18 and I could watch for hours. With tea of course.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

In VR you see chips of water in the canopy, but not the drops.. The raindrop effects are incomplete in VR.

Correct this has been a bug since it was released, and I had written this up as a tester then. Surprised its still not fixed :(

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I stepped in the virtual cockpit for the first time (mind is blown by the way :shocking:), I noticed in the A-10C I don't see any rain droplets on the canopy.

I also tried a few other aircraft and it looks to be working there (although I must admit I was a bit disapointed when the Huey's windscreen wipers didn't swipe away the droplets :P)

But because I'm new to all this and just to make sure that I'm not talking about some old rain effect... It is nowhere near looking like this:

(I wonder if we'll ever be able to see this in vr)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yesterday I stepped in the virtual cockpit for the first time (mind is blown by the way :shocking:), I noticed in the A-10C I don't see any rain droplets on the canopy.

I also tried a few other aircraft and it looks to be working there (although I must admit I was a bit disapointed when the Huey's windscreen wipers didn't swipe away the droplets :P)

But because I'm new to all this and just to make sure that I'm not talking about some old rain effect... It is nowhere near looking like this:

(I wonder if we'll ever be able to see this in vr)

Some planes still are not capable of having this rain effect on the canopy yet, and the A-10C is one of them. I believe there are others. Unfortunately, for VR users, this issue not a high priority for ED.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Some planes still are not capable of having this rain effect on the canopy yet, and the A-10C is one of them. I believe there are others. Unfortunately, for VR users, this issue not a high priority for ED.

Have not noticed them on the Spit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|