Any preview of the Carrier Module ?

toni

indeed ED promised a full detailed carrier including crew etc etc with elevators and stuff, so far we only have a basic standard oldstyle carrier which is sthe Stennis.

They didn't 'promise' anything @@ And they are working on deck crew animations right now (few posts up some pictures)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Somewhat related, I noticed last night the Tarawa is becoming very detailed and has a smattering of personnel around the deck, driving tugs, etc. I didn't think any of that was out yet, but apparently the crew expansions are already beginning to take affect. Didn't appear to be any animations yet.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't really care if any of you agree with or believe me, use search and starting trawling comments about carriers if you really want to see what has/hasn't been said.

They were talking about doing two carriers, the Nimitz and Kuznetsov. Giant CF ensued in and around WWII assets pack sales. Nimitz has been released, the Kuznetsov postponed. It's totally logical they're going to do yet another Nimitz, but this one will be waaaaaay better @@ The "improvements" discussed are for the ship we have, as all screenshots have shown.

I don't think it's a matter of believing or not. Not necessary to believe, we remember that stuff was talked about, just as they say it was put down in the way of paid module (because of people reactions here in the forums, and WWII assets pack experience I guess). New Nimitz happened in the form of Stennis which is new by the way and way better than previous CA available (but we didn't fly from it in order to know how much new and better it is before Hornet), not only that but it's still being developed with more features, and Kuznetsov is coming but later. So, it's not a faith thing, is a that's what we already have and are gonna get.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Lets end all the confusion. There are 3 US carriers either being updated or created to compliment upcoming modules. The Tarawa for the harrier, the Stennis for the hornet, and the Forestall for the tomcat.

The carriers will be added to the main DCS files for free to everyone. This is partly due to multiplayer requirements. There are no paid carriers.

There are 3 US carriers either being updated or created to compliment upcoming modules. The Tarawa for the harrier, the Stennis for the hornet, and the Forestall for the tomcat.

Actually there will be 7: Kuznetsov, Tarawa, Stennis, Forrestal, Ranger, Saratoga and Independence.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Wait, what? Ranger, Saratoga, and Independence?! First I've heard of that! :D The more the better, of course!

But That was Know from some mouths ago...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216209

The mighty CV-59, Heatblur Forrestal Class carrier leaves drydock for the first time!

While the art team begins the texturing process, we'll be bringing her systems and functionality online. The Heatblur F-14 project includes the free DCS addition of the Forrestal, Ranger, Saratoga and Independence Forrestal class carriers amongst other free included content.

And waiting the RAZBAM "USMC/Russian" and "Falklands/Malvinas Pack with:

-Expeditionary Sea Base (ESB)

-LHD-1 Wash

-HMS Hermes

-HMS Invincible

-HMS Illustrious

-HMS Ocean

-Project 1123 Kondor [Moskva]

Yet....

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Interesting, so did all the buyers of the AV-8B fund the LHA-1 then? Sort of feels like that.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Interesting, so did all the buyers of the AV-8B fund the LHA-1 then? Sort of feels like that.

I would imagine, that 3rd parties would get a compensation from ED for adding supporting assets to the DCS world, or that asset contribution is taken into account when doing the contract for the main module.

This is just a guess though and i don't know if stuff like this is allowed to be discussed here. Would be off-topic for this thread anyways...

At least they could update the old Kuznetsov model they had been teasing in screenshots and videos since 2015:music_whistling:

+ 1 :thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

If there is no new Nimitz carrier...

...then I don't understand the intention of this comment:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3629580&postcount=3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

...then I don't understand the intention of this comment:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3629580&postcount=3

They want to finalize carrier ops and work out all of the bugs that exist with it in SP and MP before moving on to doing it for the Kuz would be my guess.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks!

They want to finalize carrier ops and work out all of the bugs that exist with it in SP and MP before moving on to doing it for the Kuz would be my guess.

Well, now it does make sense.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

A carrier deck crew is very much needed and i really hope that is something that is in the works. I also hope they improve the Optical Landing System on the carrier. It needs to be made a bit more visible....

Deck Crew? Absolutely. I need some help hooking up that ruddy launch bar!

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit