Any preview of the Carrier Module ?

toni

Hi guys, meanwhile the Hornet goes to full completion was wondering if the standalone Nimitz class module is already in the works . If so, any preview at the moment ? any arrival estimate ? And last question, it will be the CVN74 Stennis itself or you will focuse into any other sister ?

Thanks.

There is no standalone Nimitz module. The ship that came with the Hornet IS the new carrier.

I'm sure they're talking about the paid version Carrier. I too have been wondering about the progress of this.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Huh? I think you guys are mistaken. The Stennis we have is a newer carrier that is free with the Hornet but unless something changed, I believe there will be a more advanced and detailed carrier module available for purchase at some point. I don’t think we have heard anything about it since before the Hornet release though so toni brings up some good questions. I too am wondering if we will get another version of the Stennis or maybe multiple Nimitz class carriers like Heatblur is doing with the Forrestal class.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Carrier module on hold ? never knew about that, anyway is a good chance to start recollecting new ideas and hardcore items for it, in order to make operationaly the best CVN ever ! I also propose a serial poll for voting guys so we could choose from the CVN 68 to the CVN 77.

The plans for separate paid carrier modules were scuppered.

THERE IS NO CARRIER MODULE.

The carrier that arrived with the F-18 IS the new carrier.

The Russian Kuznetsov is on hold.

Can your provide a link to an official ED response about this? I thought the plan was to provide a carrier module with more detailed modeling and textures, moving elevators, flight deck crew/equipment, and improved systems. Are you saying that these changes will be incorporated into our already available free version of the carrier instead of making a separate purchasable module or that all of the carrier improvements are not going to happen anymore?

If the latter is the case, I suppose we will have to rely on the Heatblur Forrestal class carriers.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The plans for separate paid carrier modules were scuppered.

THERE IS NO CARRIER MODULE.

The carrier that arrived with the F-18 IS the new carrier.

The Russian Kuznetsov is on hold.

I wouldn't be so sure. The roadmap discussion lists a new carrier module (optional) and posted on June 20th, 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos/p.10160612788665341/10160612788665341/?type=1&theater

I wouldn't be so sure. The roadmap discussion lists a new carrier module (optional) and posted on June 20th, 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos/p.10160612788665341/10160612788665341/?type=1&theater

You just posted a picture of the WiP deck crew, on the ship we already have. Yes. I'm sure. This isn't the first thread asking about it.

@brianjmac

This has been discussed multiple times over the last few months. You can use search just as easily as I can.

There was talk at one point about separate paid carrier modules. That all was aborted. The ships are being provided for free as part of the base game.

The Tarawa was originally going to be low-def unless you bought the Harrier, Razbam changed their minds and released the hi-def version for free. It is still being developed.

The Stennis and Kuznetsov were originally going to be paid for modules, but ED changed their minds. The Stennis was released with the Hornet and then added to the base game. It is still being developed (deck crew is in work, etc). The Kuznetsov is partially done but has been placed on hold for the foreseeable future.

Any "expansion" that comes at this point, will come to the ship you already have. That IS the new Nimitz carrier. The deck crew is for it, new elevators is for it, etc. The hangar thing may or may not happen because it's completely pointless and would require some sort of interface to move you from below to above deck, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one happening any time soon if ever.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

OK, all further improvements are very welcome . I would implement the Hangar bay of course and also, would make sense at some point a detailed Island interior ? Could be cool entering inside,climbing the laders, reaching the bridge and the vultures row to see from another angle the flight ops.

I feel like the interior of the ship is beyond the scope of DCS myself...

Also...

I applaud the decision to release the carrier for free. To be honest I feel that the worst decision that's been made by ED was to charge separately for the Normandy map and the WWII assets pack. It just splits the community and makes it so that we can't all enjoy the same stuff. It was a really bad idea.

^^^

That coming from an owner of both normandy and the assets pack...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Well if the Stennis is the new Carrier, i do hope one day they'll work on Hi-Res texture, cuz it'S ugly as **** :) Lines are way more blurry then a yellow line on the street would be for a drunken driver passing the line test from a police officer :P

You just posted a picture of the WiP deck crew, on the ship we already have. Yes. I'm sure. This isn't the first thread asking about it.

@brianjmac

This has been discussed multiple times over the last few months. You can use search just as easily as I can.

There was talk at one point about separate paid carrier modules. That all was aborted. The ships are being provided for free as part of the base game.

The Tarawa was originally going to be low-def unless you bought the Harrier, Razbam changed their minds and released the hi-def version for free. It is still being developed.

The Stennis and Kuznetsov were originally going to be paid for modules, but ED changed their minds. The Stennis was released with the Hornet and then added to the base game. It is still being developed (deck crew is in work, etc). The Kuznetsov is partially done but has been placed on hold for the foreseeable future.

Any "expansion" that comes at this point, will come to the ship you already have. That IS the new Nimitz carrier. The deck crew is for it, new elevators is for it, etc. The hangar thing may or may not happen because it's completely pointless and would require some sort of interface to move you from below to above deck, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one happening any time soon if ever.

Wow, thanks for the info. This is all new to me.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Well if the Stennis is the new Carrier, i do hope one day they'll work on Hi-Res texture, cuz it'S ugly as **** :) Lines are way more blurry then a yellow line on the street would be for a drunken driver passing the line test from a police officer :P

*slaps with glove*

Hey! I resemble that remark!

*slaps with glove*

Hey! I resemble that remark!

The "module" carrier plans has actually "unknown" status, and no official news by Wags or others ED team members about them from the old 2016 news. But from the release of the F/A-18C, the CVN-74 appears on the CoreMods/Tech directory has a module and checking the LUA files, that have a "plugin" to enable them into DCS.

A carrier deck crew is very much needed and i really hope that is something that is in the works. I also hope they improve the Optical Landing System on the carrier. It needs to be made a bit more visible....

To be honest on my side i have no issues at all with the IFOLS, though i would love so much they come up with a solution so we can decide if we wan't lights on or off on the carrier, it's such a pain in VR if the sun is not directly above the deck to prefectly see the landing strip. And what is more annoying than contacting the tower on each passes while doing patterns and trying to get al the action required and start looking elsewhere or anything to acess damn radio meu to get tower... I say, power to the people, let the people decide if they wan't lights on or off. :P

@brianjmac

Post a link to someone with Eagle Dynamics next to their name...otherwise you can not support your comments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I don't really care if any of you agree with or believe me, use search and starting trawling comments about carriers if you really want to see what has/hasn't been said.

They were talking about doing two carriers, the Nimitz and Kuznetsov. Giant CF ensued in and around WWII assets pack sales. Nimitz has been released, the Kuznetsov postponed. It's totally logical they're going to do yet another Nimitz, but this one will be waaaaaay better @@ The "improvements" discussed are for the ship we have, as all screenshots have shown.

indeed ED promised a full detailed carrier including crew etc etc with elevators and stuff, so far we only have a basic standard oldstyle carrier which is sthe Stennis.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black