** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

Looking at the ED Flight Controller survey maybe the menu is optimized for the small analog stick of the TM Warthog HOTAS?

Yeah, maybe. However, I think that would feel a bit awkward. I guess we'll just see how it works out once the module comes out, but for me the most important thing is to make the menu smaller (adjustable in specials menu would be perfect) and not fill the entire screen. And maybe a slider for transparency as well.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This module looks awesome!

Does anyone know if the new way to command the AI pilot or back seat also works when flying in VR?

I cannot wait to fly the F-14 in VR!

Just ordered F-14... Now waiting for the release :-)

Edited by Leader98

This module looks awesome!

Does anyone know if the new way to command the AI pilot or back seat also works when flying in VR?

I cannot wait to fly the F-14 in VR!

Just ordered F-14... Now waiting for the release :-)

Of course. The dialog was even recorded in VR.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Was the AN/AAS-42 IRST ever on the F-14A/B or was it only ever equipped onto the F-14D

Only on the F-14D.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175840

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

An A-6 and KA-6D! Finally! Thank you so much for both of these works. It will feel so much better tanking off a KA-6D than the KS-3.

Just so you know, they never made the KS-3. Tanking with the S-3 was done via the Air Refueling Store (ARS). There was never a dedicated tanking variant of the Viking built.

I'm hoping that the menu is compatible with Voice Attack and/or Vaicom Pro, so that we can just tell the RIO what we want them to do, without having to press any keys.

In VR, that would be especially useful.

+1

Some of us with a sim rig and using VR don't even have a keyboard in reach. (Using keyboard in VR = PITA)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
Would love to do realistic force feedback implementation, but no one in the team actually has a force feedback stick, and they're not that easy to come by nowadays :joystick:

Is this a joke?!

I just flew the Tomcat and with zero FFB, it felt totally dead. This has been my dream DCS module and it's completely ruined as it is: the stick doesn't even have a centering force!

At least implement a centering force!

You go all the way with implementing the buffeting of the plane in the cockpit and all and entirely miss the FFB opportunity?:badmood:

:wallbash:

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Is this a joke?!

I just flew the Tomcat and with zero FFB, it felt totally dead. This has been my dream DCS module and it's completely ruined as it is: the stick doesn't even have a centering force!

At least implement a centering force!

You go all the way with implementing the buffeting of the plane in the cockpit and all and entirely miss the FFB opportunity?:badmood:

:wallbash:

I haven't had a chance yet to fly. What do you mean? The stick doesn't even have the basic FC3 feedback? Is it limp? I have a G940.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 1 year later...

Please, have the MS Force Feedback Sidewinder Precision 2 controller behaviour fixed on DCS F-14..!! It's a fabulous controller and works fine with most aircrafts... I see many pilots complaining with the same issues I have: the controller starting banked full right or full up, with painful trimmering problems.. Thanks a lot fo your consideration and appreciated work.

Please, have the MS Force Feedback Sidewinder Precision 2 controller behaviour fixed on DCS F-14..!! It's a fabulous controller and works fine with most aircrafts... I see many pilots complaining with the same issues I have: the controller starting banked full right or full up, with painful trimmering problems.. Thanks a lot fo your consideration and appreciated work.

Have you already tried the DCS > options > special > F-14 > "use FFB trim implementation"?

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria