** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

You are really that guy that wants to paint everything in RAF or RN colours huh? Its unethical to paint a Tomcat into anything else then USN or IRAF.

HAHAHAAHHAHA if it's available for the UK side then why not.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAAHHAHA if it's available for the UK side then why not.

Cobra, I beg you. Please do not allow such thing to happen, the cringe would be unreal. Much love for the Queen though :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Let me tribute my honest respect to you guys. With every update you post and every module you finally release you lift the standard for quality and dedication to a new level and never fail to deliver the jaw-dropping experience. I was never less willed to throw the bills!

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm absolutely blown away by that texture modeling. The subtle (and not-so-subtle) imperfections really trick the eye into believing that's a photograph. I think you guys achieved a new level of visual fidelity in cockpit modeling.

Bravo!

Just… :shocking::surprise:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

jaw.gif HOLY COW ! jaw.gif

1. A flyable F-14 *AND* a flyable A-6E/KA-6D will keep me busy for years to come! Let's hope the license agreement will be obtainable without too many difficulties. I really can't wait for an all-Grumman flight deck! :pilotfly:

2. The detail of the art sets the bar to a level even beyond ED's F/A-18C, and that one was already jaw-dropping!

Incredible work, and well worth the long working ours on your end, and the waiting on ours, by the looks of it!

mexican_wave.gif

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

WOW AIM-54 actually is thin in the wing area, interesting detail! I never knew!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'm absolutely blown away by that texture modeling. The subtle (and not-so-subtle) imperfections really trick the eye into believing that's a photograph. I think you guys achieved a new level of visual fidelity in cockpit modeling.

Bravo!

When you consider the Viggen's cockpit, I expect nothing less.

Amazing stuff Heatblur! I am so excited! October 7 will be a great day, and hopefully a pre-sale will go with the great unveiling as well! I was not expecting the news about an A-6E and KA-6...finally, a flight deck full of Tomcats, Hornets and Intruders along with the E-2 and S-3...the way a carrier deck should be!

Speaking of carrier decks...will The Forrestal class carriers be released with the Tomcat or will they be released after like the A-6?

Cant wait! The RIO menu should be transparent to make it so that you can still see a little while flying!

This is a great suggestion!

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

fantastic update! thank you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Mmmmm as timings go, this seems perfect as I received my works bonus today. Guess I’ll be buying a new F14 with it. :D

Stunning update, those artshots look amazing, and the A6 wow. If you ever get the tick just make her into a flying full fidelity module, I’ll be adding that to the hangar as well.

Can’t wait till next Friday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: