Canadian Warships

Chukk

Still at it! The delay has been acquiring proper (rare) reference material. As some people might know, there is the Bonnie pre refit and Bonnie post refit. There were quite a few exterior modification, and I was leaning toward the post refit since it would be easier to model with most of the opening on the sides of the ship closed and sponsons removed. Well if you want to be accurate in the use of the Banshee fighter though, this meant I would have to model the pre_refit. :(

Here she is with what I hope is all of the opening on the sides of the ship. Next will be the very irregular cat walks surrounding the flight deck.

39362653740_99ab4a089a_h.jpg

39362653740_99ab4a089a_h.jpgscript>39362653740_61fccd9c5e_o.jpg39362653740_61fccd9c5e_o.jpg

41128655512_8fbab82f2a_o.jpg

25Ep7odhttp:

Looking great.

I have the same problem with Hermes regarding reference photos...

70s refit no problem

Viraat have loads

Early 80s..... a good handful.

Even tho I have the plans it's still difficult.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Watch out for those radio masts sticking up around the flight deck, they were only up when in harbour or at cruising stations, at flying stations they were down and well out of the way of any aircraft and helo's approaching and working the deck.

Same applies to guardrails and flag masts on the flight deck, if the ship had any, always removed for flying stations. Flags normally fly from the main yard's at sea.

Bonnie is looking good. :thumbup:

Don't worry Crazyeddie, I'll have all those mast down when done(quite a few of them). Just easier to bake in that position to lower poly models. In this latest pics, you will see I have started to add the dreaded catwalks and drain tubes. Hopefully I will be able to retain as much detail as possible or it will have to be burned onto normal maps.

27316537578_3320867063_o.jpgCheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At this stage I am still just creating a high poly model. Of course with the use of Alpha channels for all the guard rails and normal maps will hopefully knock down a large chunk of the polys. Yes the use of LOD is going to greatly reduce poly counts as well.

I dont know if your question about textures was answered in previous posts, but it is Diffuse file and Metal rougness file which define Metalness Roughness and AO in RGB channels. (DCS PBR standart)

Steam Index, i7 8700K, 32Gb, GTX 1070Ti, NVMe.

Hotas Warthog, Virpil, RX Vipers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are these ships available?

Would like to see the city class and AOR in game.

1st_CVW_EDsig.png.1f2be0eb45d45098d3777965a273c030.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR