AV-8B N/A Pre-Sale is up on store - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 12:46 AM   #41
rajdary

Great!! Pre-purchased, now the long wait.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philps 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.
rajdary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:32 AM   #42
javelina1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdary View Post
Great!! Pre-purchased, now the long wait.
Not so long as other previous mods, (just a month away). But still, a wait nonetheless!

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Virpil WarBRD
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:33 AM   #43
Mr_Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Fella's lets be honest, if you pass the selection/Induction/IOT/Flight Training...to fighter pilot standard and it takes 5 years of your life....the RAF-USAF- Spanish Navy Indian Navy, MAY let you fly a Harrier. You fly that till you leave/get a deskjob/become the head of the Air Force/Navy.
WE, get to fly the lot, so we CANNOT be brilliant at all of them. (Although UTUBE humbles me any day) So I pay I strap into it, sort of, and go have a blast...and if I bend it I don't end up court martialled (Should have been at some point in my career but that's different). Enjoy
Alas the RAF scrapped theirs early donating parts to the USMC leaving us with two floating gin palaces. At least our WAH-64 could attack Libya from them but a Harrier would have saved the 18 hour round trip from RAF Marham our Tonkas had to endure.
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:11 AM   #44
zafgev

Default To pre-purchase or not to pre-purchase?

I've made the mistake in the past to pre-purchase, and I cannot get myself to do the same with the Harrier, even if it is the most anticipated plane for me. I just feel that paying money to the devs and filling their pockets gives them no intensive to make sure they iron out bugs by releasing a good-enough product and release time. There are so many planes out there - and I own just about every one of them - some that have questionable support. Quite a few come to mind. Anyways I'm holding on to my money this time till I'm sure the Harrier is not a dump-and-run.
zafgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:59 AM   #45
Woogey

Default Overlooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafgev View Post
I've made the mistake in the past to pre-purchase, and I cannot get myself to do the same with the Harrier, even if it is the most anticipated plane for me. I just feel that paying money to the devs and filling their pockets gives them no intensive to make sure they iron out bugs by releasing a good-enough product and release time. There are so many planes out there - and I own just about every one of them - some that have questionable support. Quite a few come to mind. Anyways I'm holding on to my money this time till I'm sure the Harrier is not a dump-and-run.
Although I agree with you, I couldn’t resist, I made the purchase. The two biggest Adjustments that need to be made in my mind are in regards to the physical model. 1): landing gear and Oleo strut travel and rebound. 2): The two fins On the drop tanks. (There should be only one)

Ron assured us months ago that these would be addressed, yet every new video shows that the landing gear still has not been adjusted, and the 2 fins are still there. Starting to get worried!

-Woog
Woogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #46
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogey View Post
Although I agree with you, I couldn’t resist, I made the purchase. The two biggest Adjustments that need to be made in my mind are in regards to the physical model. 1): landing gear and Oleo strut travel and rebound. 2): The two fins On the drop tanks. (There should be only one)

Ron assured us months ago that these would be addressed, yet every new video shows that the landing gear still has not been adjusted, and the 2 fins are still there. Starting to get worried!

-Woog
These will be fixed in due time. We have so many thinks to check and review that small stuff like the tanks fins get pushed to the back of the TO-DO list.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #47
steele6

Will any tutorials be available when the AV8 gets released on early access next month? it would be nice to have at least a start up tutorial and a take-off and/or a VTOL takeoff tutorial
steele6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #48
clanitho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafgev View Post
+1
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits
clanitho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #49
Lt.Seahawk

I’m still trying to figure out which version of DCS is needed for the early access, I’d love to fly her on the NTTR. Any more info on this somewhere?
Old 10-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #50
some1

Most likely both, the only question is which one will get the Harrier first.

Unless the Big Merge happens before the end of the next month.

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote