Hawkeye60

Presenting

The First ever,,

DCS World Ocean Life Mod!

This started out as a joke.

Mario had sent me a rendered Blue whale with the caption,

"What is this? A new type of Submarine?"

So I asked him to animate it.

He said he had never done this before, but would try.

He sent me the Whale, animated.

He then sent a Tiger Shark! Also animated.

I took the Single Whale and created a pod of Whales!

So now we have the first ever

"Whale Pod Mod!" :megalol::lol::D

I would like to dedicate this mod to..........

Leonard Nimoy,

DeForest Kelly

and James Doohan

And christen the Whale...

"Gracie"

From Star Trek - The Voyage Home

In their Honor!

GvJME Ready

Have fun

The WW II ADC Team

whales.jpg

And Please..... Do Not Nuke The Whales! :D:megalol:

bigger-boat.jpg

"I don't think swimming is such a Good idea right now!"

dolphin.jpg

New Link!

Mod Up-dated to Version 2.5

New ocean life added.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kypi4o1q5cebxr3/Ocean%20Life%20Mod%20V2.5.zip?dl=0

11/11/19

New Ocean life mod!

When I went looking to fix the Dolphins, I discovered a few others, not yet finished. I rectified this.

But......I did read through the thread again.

And I added a BIG surprise.........This ones for fun, and,

For JunMckill......

It is ALL your fault.........:D

Please note,

No sea life was harmed in the making of these mods......

They came along willingly from cadnav and sketch up.

THAT will teach them.........:lol:

Have fun and remember.....

DO NOT NUKE THE WHALES!

ol2.jpg

hump.jpg

humping.jpg

meg2.jpg

meg.jpg

Created for "Eye Candy" only.

I did not create any collision files for these Creatures.

If there is enough interest, It will be done.

You know........so you can kill the Meg.........:music_whistling:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx4n2pe20hxfgm3/DCS%20Ocean%20Life%20Mod%20V2.0.rar?dl=0

Fix for Dolphins in progress....

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Excellent. Do they have a damage model?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Commence whale noises!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you know what you've done?

Who needs whales when there's no Klingon Bird of Prey?!

So, off with you, and don't come back until you've got a Pre-Alpha Bird of Prey. And after Alpha I definitely want to see a whale tank option with transparent aluminum walls!

Oh... hold on... my bad, sorry. The Bird of Prey is already there in all the screenshots, should have spotted it right away.

Great job, I'm especially impressed with how well you implemented the cloaking device. :thumbup:

:megalol:

That's awesome

I'd like to see the Rainbow in DCS or any other flights sim

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Ummm how about

Ichthyosaurs

Pliosaur

Megalodon

:D:D:D:D

Very cool Hawkeye60 :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

"We need a bigger boat....."

Presenting

The First ever,,

DCS World Ocean Life Mod!

This started out as a joke.

Mario had sent me a rendered Blue whale with the caption,

"What is this? A new type of Submarine?"

So I asked him to animate it.

He said he had never done this before, but would try.

He sent me the Whale, animated.

He then sent a Tiger Shark! Also animated.

I took the Single Whale and created a pod of Whales!

So now we have the first ever

"Whale Pod Mod!" :megalol::lol::D

I would like to dedicate this mod to..........

Leonard Nimoy,

DeForest Kelly

and James Doohan

And christen the Whale...

"Gracie"

From Star Trek - The Voyage Home

In their Honor!

GvJME Ready

Have fun

The WW II ADC Team

And Please..... Do Not Nuke The Whales! :D:megalol:

Sharks%21.png?dl=1

"I don't think swimming is such a Good idea right now!"

Sharks%21%202.png?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4fo2ksv12f70py/Ocean%20Life%20Mod%202.1.1.zip?dl=0

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It'd be awesome to have a wildlife mod for DCS. Seagulls are already scaring the living hell out of me when I'm flying low along the coast in Normandy. It would be cool to see a robin bouncing across the ramp like nobody's business.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These were Mario's comments upon seeing the Whale for the first time swimming in the DCS ocean,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One day, the great Italian sculptor, Michelangelo Buonarroti, looking at the statue

"La Pietà" he had just completed, he said, "Eppur si muobe," in English "

And yet it moves. "

Well, even I, watching the whale I said "and yet it moves"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all for the kind words!

Should we make a few more?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Time for an A-10C Whale spotter mission... Alas, if we could access the TGPs SPI coordinates via the script engine! So many nice recon and spotting options would be possible!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

RELEASE THE KRAKEN! biggrin.gif
What a idea! :music_whistling: