SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Dear pilots,

I suggest to discuss Sound Mode Expansion development related questions in this thread.

At current stage I'm implementing Sound Mode Expansion module with to channels - left, right. It is fine for configurations with two transducers. Probably, for configurations with one transducer I will need to add also 'Mono' mode.

If somebody among contributors uses more than two transducers, please, let me know.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre, is using sub woofer channel also considered as Mono mode?

I run Buttkicker LFE connected to Center/Woofer port on the sound card.

Hi Kuky,

I think it should work as Mono, for both left and right channels.

I'm going to prepare effects with left-right separation soon and we'll test it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think mono output is mandatory. Most Buttkicker systems are working iirc with mono (subwoofer output). In the next weeks I'll order a cheap bodyshaker and try to mount it somehow elegant to my office chair without drilling...

Kuky,

Is the current configuration? It will allow connecting to a second soundcard to independently run the buttikicker in game with out reliance on game audio, 2 channel currently works in pre-alfa testing. I believe Andre is working on mono also at present.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Hi pilots,

pre-pre-alfa test module coming soon to all the contributors.

I'm going to send setup download link by e-mail.

Be ready to test :pilotfly:

NB: You will also need to have base module - SimShaker for DCS World installed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kuky,

Is the current configuration? It will allow connecting to a second soundcard to independently run the buttikicker in game with out reliance on game audio, 2 channel currently works in pre-alfa testing. I believe Andre is working on mono also at present.

That I don't know, currently my buttkicker is connected to same sound card that I use for in-game sound (I bought recently secondary sound card for headset/voice-comms. Note I had no luck running 2 creative sound cards at the same time, system would only allow running one at the time, most likely as they use same sound card driver. Running 2 different brands like creative and Asus and no problems)

No longer active in DCS...

Hi pilots,

pre-pre-alfa test module coming soon to all the contributors.

I'm going to send setup download link by e-mail.

Be ready to test :pilotfly:

NB: You will also need to have base module - SimShaker for DCS World installed

Setup download link sent, please, check your e-mails.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello

I tried the setup with a win 7 64 system and a 3rd soundcard. I conected to aura interactors (each with one shaker) with my Chinese 1,5€ usb soundcard. I could choose the soundcard for output in the menu. My soundcard on the main board drove the game sound and i connected a usb headset via virtual audio cabel. It worked for me so far but i must check my whole setup with sim shaker, hawgh touch and dcs bios. I will try it at the weekend and will report. The only issue i had was with test button, after pressing it 3 times in a row the sim shaker software crashed. I tested the software 15 min with highspeed taxiing and multi gear up and down sequences. My modul is the Bf 109k4.

Kind regards Christian

Hello

I tried the setup with a win 7 64 system and a 3rd soundcard. I conected to aura interactors (each with one shaker) with my Chinese 1,5€ usb soundcard. I could choose the soundcard for output in the menu. My soundcard on the main board drove the game sound and i connected a usb headset via virtual audio cabel. It worked for me so far but i must check my whole setup with sim shaker, hawgh touch and dcs bios. I will try it at the weekend and will report. The only issue i had was with test button, after pressing it 3 times in a row the sim shaker software crashed. I tested the software 15 min with highspeed taxiing and multi gear up and down sequences. My modul is the Bf 109k4.

Kind regards Christian

Hello Christian,

thanks a lot for your feedback. Did you feel any effects at your aura interactors while taxiing and gear up and down sequences?

How many interactors do you have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Andrew,

yes i feelt the effects. I took the Messerschmitt to the gras and runway and got bumps in relation to the speed. Gear bumps were also great and in relation to gear travel (down 2 bumps and up one bump). i have connected 2 aura interactors via a usb soundcard and y cable. I will check sim shaker on weekend with my whole setup to check it work fine with all stuff. Before I have to fix an issue with a arduino card which drives some of the instrument panel. But so far i havent seen any issues accept the mentioned one.

I am ready for more effecets - thank you

best regards Avidflyer

Hello Andrew,

yes i feelt the effects. I took the Messerschmitt to the gras and runway and got bumps in relation to the speed. Gear bumps were also great and in relation to gear travel (down 2 bumps and up one bump). i have connected 2 aura interactors via a usb soundcard and y cable. I will check sim shaker on weekend with my whole setup to check it work fine with all stuff. Before I have to fix an issue with a arduino card which drives some of the instrument panel. But so far i havent seen any issues accept the mentioned one.

I am ready for more effecets - thank you

best regards Avidflyer

Sounds good :)

I'm going to deliver more effects soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre,

I just tried the sound mode expansion module and I first want to make sure I understand what this is testing:

Am I correct that you have added simple sounds for landing gear and bumps, that should work for all aircraft, and that will get played over our normal output devices, such as 5.1 speaker systems as well as a Buttkicker?

If that's correct, then yes, the module seems to be working for me. However, since there were already bass tones from DCS itself corresponding to these effects, my Buttkicker is not acting any differently than without the sound mode module; I can hear the effects playing over my speakers, but there's no difference in what I actually feel. Is this the way it's supposed to work? I presumed you'd be adding additional deep bass tones, so that either the subwoofer or Buttkicker alone would play those sounds.

Greg,

The intention is to use a spearate sound output.

Ie; I have onboard Realtek sound, and a PCIE Asus STX card.

DCS (and all audio) is through the Realtek with 7.1 Sound.

The Buttkkicker currnetly on STX Headphone Out. (currently in 2channel mode - You could use any cheapy soundard also)

Simshaker sounds now play through the STX rather than standard audio channels(Realtek).

I engage landing gear; feel the bumps; and it's indepednant shaking from the game audio; not like before where all audio from the game(low Hz) and system played through the Buttkicker as it was just split from the subwoofer out channel.

Andre,

I just tried the sound mode expansion module and I first want to make sure I understand what this is testing:

Am I correct that you have added simple sounds for landing gear and bumps, that should work for all aircraft, and that will get played over our normal output devices, such as 5.1 speaker systems as well as a Buttkicker?

If that's correct, then yes, the module seems to be working for me. However, since there were already bass tones from DCS itself corresponding to these effects, my Buttkicker is not acting any differently than without the sound mode module; I can hear the effects playing over my speakers, but there's no difference in what I actually feel. Is this the way it's supposed to work? I presumed you'd be adding additional deep bass tones, so that either the subwoofer or Buttkicker alone would play those sounds.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

I agree, thank you for the answer _Dredd.

Greg,

The intention is to use a spearate sound output.

Ie; I have onboard Realtek sound, and a PCIE Asus STX card.

DCS (and all audio) is through the Realtek with 7.1 Sound.

The Buttkkicker currnetly on STX Headphone Out.

Simshaker sounds now play through the STX rather than standard audio channels(Realtek).

I engage landing gear; feel the bumps; and it's indepednant shaking from the game audio; not like before where all audio from the game(low Hz) and system played through the Buttkicker as it was just split from the subwoofer out channel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may work Greg, but you'll be sharing audio and still outputting all game audio to the Buttkicker. Using a separate soundcard , Simshaker can play low Hz sounds relevant to export.lua events, hence separating Buttkicker sounds from game audio and this allows Andre to use custom sound for events, such as gun fire, landing gear events, bumps on the taxi way, and more to come.

One annoying thing with using game audio with the Buttkicker for instance, is afterburner audio is louder when you look to the rear, playing inconsistent Buttkicker sound.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

So, a little question, I have onboard sound and the kicker connected to that.

What card would you recommend as second card?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

So, a little question, I have onboard sound and the kicker connected to that.

What card would you recommend as second card?

Any card you can get easy enough.

We've just started testing and do not have black and white lists for cards (yet).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andrey

The link is not working

You can download 'Sound Mode Expansion Module' setup file by the following Link.

Cheers

Hi Stuart,

just cheked it again. Link works well at my side.

I can send you the file by e-mail. Should I?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]