SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Hello,

I really appreciate your guide on using voicemeter banana to send both telemetry and game sounds to your transducers.

I have a setup that is totally confusing me as to how to set up properly to get this accomplished.

Current hardware:

1. on board realtek sound card - used for getting game sounds to my headphones when not playing in VR.

2. Asus Xonar DGX pcie sound card - used for running 6 transducers from simshaker for wheels,

and sound module for simshaker for aviators.

3. Oculus Rift - built in headphones for game sounds, built in mic to communicate to Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro module for DCS.

4. Steinberg UR44 USB sound card - used for running speakers and headphones at the same time

I also have a Jet seat on order .

Goal:

I would like to be able to mix game audio and telemetry date going to my simshakers whether in VR or using single screen. I would also like to be able to change that mix on the fly.

I would like to be able to use headphones (regular or Rift) and speakers at the same time as needed.

I have read the banana manual and at this point, I am at a total loss as to how to configure the inputs and outputs to get this accomplished.

Would you be able to walk me through this?

If so, I would be forever in your debt.

If not, can you refer to a source that might be able to help.

Thanks for any advise

Dennis Johnson

Dennis,

Voicemeter Banana is a very powerful but VERY OVERWHELMING piece of software. I have been using it for several months and it is fantastic but to be honest, I do not understand it at all.

Thank heavens for this thread:

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/showthread.php?5893-Setting-up-a-Buttkicker-(or-other-transducers)&highlight=voicemeeter

Read every post and then, do like I did and just set my Voicemeter setting to EXACTLY like they are set in the screen shots.

Here is my setup:

Integrated sound card on my motherboard is used to run my desktop speakers and subwoofer via the green plug in.

I have a cheap USB sound card running to a 75watt plate amplifier that runs my transducer.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Thanks,

I will have a good long look at this post.

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I just discovered Voicemeeter Banana. This is a software audio mixer which allows you to route, mix and eq different sound sources on your computer. With Voicemeeter I was able to mix SimShaker Sounds with the Windows default sounds (e.g. DCS stereo sound), thus, bass sounds like explosions are passed to the shaker!!! By using the eq, I added a low pass filter which only allows bass sounds to pass to the shaker.

Here is my small guide:

1. Install Voicemeeter Banana from: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

If you really like this, please donate to the developers.

2. Follow the instructions from Voicemeeter → reboot

3. Setup your Windows default sound to be passed to Voicemeeter Input

4. Setup your Windows default recording device to VoiceMeeter Output

5. Open Voicemeeter Banana.

6. For the Hardware Input you should select your microphone, here you can add nice FXs like gate or compressor. Make sure that the mic is routed only to the virtual audio bus B1.

7. Define output A1, A2, A3 (if available). For my setup I set A1 to MME Main Speaker, A2 M-Audio Out 5/6 and A3 to M-Audio Out 3/4. Your setup might be totally different.

8. SimShaker Sound Module → select output VoiceMeeter Aux

9. Define virtual input routing. I route the virtual input Voicemeeter VAIO to A1 A2 A3 thus the default Windows sound is played through all my devices. Virtual input VoiceMeeter AUX (SimShaker) is only routed to A2 and A3.

10. Add EQ for A2 and A3 to prevent high frequencies from passing to the shaker.

A problem is, that now, the volume control of windows is not working anymore BUT you can hook the media keys on your keyboard with VoiceMeeter. The feature can be find under Menu → Hook Volume Keys.

I am using the 5.1 mode and am using the asio driver. Will this still work in my set up?

If so, my hardware is:

onboard sound card for game sounds going to headphones and speakers

Asus Xonar for the buttkickers

Rift microphone for input device

How would I set the inputs and outputs in this configuration?

How would I get game audio to my rift headphones and to the Asus Xonar and also to my speakers?

Thanks for any insight

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

• 2 months later...

Found this thread in researching connecting a Butt Kicker with DCS and using my VR Headsets..

What the cliff notes on achieving this. My Motherboard has Center channel out/Sub but I think I cant run my headset audio and Butt Kicker and the same time without some other software ???

If you have the Rift, it's sound to the speakers is sent through the cable/wires that connect it to the PC. So your sound card isn't being used for that. The signal to the software that powers the seat/shakers is sent through the sound card then. So I think you are worried about the sound card powering both and it doesn't.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

• 2 weeks later...

I have my amp plugged into the headphones outlet on my main board. I tried to plug it in to the subwoofer outlet but it doesnt work. Is that right?

It does drive the shakers from headphone outlet.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

• 1 month later...

i

I tried the simshaker for aviators & I stalked the sound module all worked fine thanks

The only thing it wouldn’t do which is really why I tried it was 5.1 so I could use all x4 of my buttkickers it said “select your ASIO software that your card uses” ??

I’ve never ever heard of ASIO software & never installed any sound software of that name

It worked fine in mono & stereo mode

Ps I use a deadicated 5.1 sound card for the buttkickers

Hi adrianstealth,

Could you please read "Using SimShaker Sound Module with audio bass-shakers" section of SimShaker Sound Module online User Gide first? There are some useful links and brief explanation in that guide.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre, just received your jetseat and it looks great. Just wondering how to I get the Sound module I bought for discount? I didn't see anything with the seat, is their a download for it somewhere?

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Hi Andre, just received your jetseat and it looks great. Just wondering how to I get the Sound module I bought for discount? I didn't see anything with the seat, is their a download for it somewhere?

:)

Please read here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker-sound-module-user-guide.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Adrian,

it seems to be fine at my PC and there were no other complaints.

How does it look like at yours? What if you press on Test button of the SimShaker Sound Module?

Hi Andre

I hope you are fine

Yes I did & nothing

-it works in mono & stereo, but it was x4 shakers I was trying to use ,

the 5.1 option does not work, bit frustrating

The ASIO showed running in the little windows bar tab

-zero clue what this is & actually uninterested but downloaded/installed just to get 5.1 option to work

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have sent the money and I have confirmation. I did not receive the activation key. I did not have it downloaded before I went on the site, I thought I needed to pay for it first. I have saved the number the download gave me, but did not receive the activation key. Probably due to the time difference.

Edited by Shotgun Dexter

Adding more functionality for aircraft.

I'd like to ask if there is a way to add specific SimShaker audio functions for things like:

-F18 Module

- Dropping the launch bar

- Hooking up to the cat

- Launching from the cat

- Trapping on carrier, rapid deceleration

- Connecting to aerial refueling basket

There are more but these would be great to add. Is there support to add this on my own or is this something that needs to be done on the developer level?

Cheers!

-Particleman

is there any way to get the old simshaker version that had free souncard support before he mysteriously disabled it and a paywhere soundcard support appeared?

05/20/2018

New SSA version with separate SoundModule installation!

I released a new SSA version without the SoundModule. it requires now a separate installation. This should emphasise, that SSA, developed and maintained by me, is freeware and the SoundModule is a payware AddOn developed by Andre...

Edited by fredclan

05/20/2018

New SSA version with separate SoundModule installation!

I released a new SSA version without the SoundModule. it requires now a separate installation. This should emphasise, that SSA, developed and maintained by me, is freeware and the SoundModule is a payware AddOn developed by Andre...

Well, that doesn't mean SoundModule ever was a free addon. The way user installs it doesn't affect any money considerations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have done a search but am coming up empty. Does anyone know why the buttkicker with simshaker and soundmodule would not be working when in multiplayer? It works great until I jump onto someone elses multiplayer server and then nothing. Any suggestions? Hope this was the right place to ask?