Blue Angels Formation / Refueling Mission

Banman

UPDATED: 21-SEPT-2018, player is now in the correct aircraft at mission start

Just a quick mission I put together. You will probably need to download the numbered skins prior to getting in the mission if you want to see the numbered jets. However, it will run without that. You are in the Blue Angels non numbered jet behind the refueler. If you want to change to a different aircraft, Press F2 until you are watching the jet you want to fly, then press Right Alt and the J key at the same time and you will enter that aircraft. The jet you are in has 50% fuel so you can contact Texaco on 251.0MHz and get some gas to practice your refueling or you can just go on and try to join up in the formation(s). I'd suggest you join on #6's wing on the right side. If you get in front of the jets they may try to avoid you and well, that has bad consequences and messes up the formation. However, if you stay on the wing of #6 you are good. Added a Diamond Formation that you need to complete as #4 on the left. As well as a Delta formation.

The Stennis is also in there so you can practice your carrier landing if you desire. Stennis is on 74X, CILS Channel 11, 127.5MHz. For lineup the Oliver Hazzard Perry is 1.2nm abeam on the port side of the Stennis so you can use that ship for your offset on the downwind leg. Make your 30 degree turn once you hit the round down of the ship and you should be lined up in the groove. I updated the mission with a full battle group around the Stennis and added some static aircraft to all of the ships. It adds some cool realism to the mission. Do a fly over of all of the ships and take a look at the decks.

Download link for the Blue Angels Numbered skins. You will need to have WinZip or some other file extraction software installed in order to unzip the .rar file for the Blue Angles Skins

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300888/

Just download the above file in this folder then extract the zip file and six folders will populate. One for each numbered Blue Angels Jet (1 through 6). You may need to manually create a Liveries and FA-18C_hornet folder if they do not exist.

C:\Users\(your name)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

Now that you have the skins downloaded and stored download my mission file and put that file here.

C:\Users\(your name)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions

Open up DCS and go to Mission then find the Refueling file in the folder above and enjoy. It's nothing revolutionary but I thought it was cool. Attached are a few screen shots.

Refueling.miz

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Just added the Delta formation where you have to complete it as the #4 jet. Has anyone even tried it? If so, let me know what you think. It's basically just getting better doing formation flying but in a cool setting.

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

thanks. pretty easy when flying straight but I still had fun after tweaking it a bit ;)

swissform1_zps4dfjt7gy.png

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Am I the only one having trouble downloading the Blue Angels skins? Winrar is telling me that it's a broken archive, and won't extract. I've downloaded a number of times and it's always the same.

Enjoying the mission even so. I find flying slot much easier than the very shallow echelon of #6... It all takes lots of effort though! Good challenge, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Corrected the TACAN issue and updated the mission with a full battle group around the Stennis and added some static aircraft to all of the ships. It adds some cool realism to the mission. Do a fly over of all of the ships and take a look at the decks. :)

I deleted the A10, boom refueler and targets on the island as they were not really applicable.

• 2 months later...
Am I the only one having trouble downloading the Blue Angels skins? Winrar is telling me that it's a broken archive, and won't extract. I've downloaded a number of times and it's always the same.

Enjoying the mission even so. I find flying slot much easier than the very shallow echelon of #6... It all takes lots of effort though! Good challenge, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If you don't have WinZip installed it will just DL a .rar file and there will be nothing to unzip. If you install WinZip the Zipped file will be downloaded then you can unzip it and all 6 folders will populate.

Edited by Banman

• 2 months later...