OB AI - Take off from runway - broken on MP side

Evilducky

If you set an AI plane to take off from runway it will work fine in SP but when you switch it over to MP the plane just sits in the middle of the runway or take off from parking spot hot. I tested this at Beslan (sp) and maykop, with the E2 and C130 with the same issue. Did not test it in any other map.

Steps:

- Open mission editor and place a plane to take off from runway.

- Save and launch from mission editor to test and it will work fine.

- Go to MP and start a server with the same mission

- Un-pause and the plane will be sitting in the middle of the runway or a parking spot hot.

Did some test with smaller planes (A-10) and that take off from runway in MP will start the plane at a parking spot hot. It seems that when switching to MP, that task is being flipped to take off from parking spot hot instead of runway.

It is done on purpose to prevent possible collisions. A player could abuse the system by spawning their aircraft on the runway right as someone is on final and cause a crash. The behavior extends to AI because the system doesn't differentiate stuff like that based on aircraft skill.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Spawning hot on a parking spot is what it is supposed to do. The spawning in the middle of a runway is a bug.

Have a sample of it happening at Maykop? I can't replicate that.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

My B on the Maykop. It was doing the start from ramp hot. It does happen everytime at Beslan though. Only 2 I've tested.

I still dont think that ED should be controlling that and doing a ramp start hot. That should still be up to the mission creators. If they are worried about being doing what you said then they, the people making these mission for that kind of MP should start all their aircraft on ramp start.

What if we want to create missions for a group where we just have an AI take off from the runway??