[RESOLVED]2.5 Open Beta KA-50 DataLink not working

PapaTango

With the last patch of DCS 2.5 Open Beta, the circle of situation of flight members in the abris in map not showed, and no DataLink Transfer, either solo or multiplayer. I'm doing something wrong or is it a bug?.

Checked all, numeral, rol, radio frequency, switches radio on...

Edited by BIGNEWY
title

• ED Team

I am just checking this, seems to be working internally, I am checking beta as well if I find something I will report it

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
Now it works. Thank you!.

Still remains some things that could be fixed, like brightness of buttons in DataLink panel and K-041, and sometimes the send command to other units that fails.

Could You please tell how to make it work ?

Sending data to my wingman simply makes the SEND/MEM blink and my wingman doesn't send targets when asked to recce.

I was able to use Data link with 1.5.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Could You please tell how to make it work ?

Sending data to my wingman simply makes the SEND/MEM blink and my wingman doesn't send targets when asked to recce.

I was able to use Data link with 1.5.

Ok, I can't confirm DataLink is working. I don't know what is the reason (I must do more tests), but seems that works randomly. In my first test with a group of 4 units (all humans), the circles in abris works ever, but the transfer of data works randomly, worst if the group is more than two units.

In another test with only two units (multiplayer), datalink data transfer worked, not as smooth than 2.5 release, but the transfer worked at second or third attempt.

I will continue making tests, but yes, datalink is not working properly.

Still partially no go for the latest 2.5.1.

MP flight in a pack of 4 Ka50 tonight. We were able to get each other's position displayed on the ABRIS but with a terrible refresh rate (several seconds). Sometimes, some aircraft appeared to be still on the airport while they were cruising in formation 5 km away. A DL ON/OFF sometimes was solving the problem, but terrible lag persisted.

As for sending a target to another aircraft or to all aircraft, it simply never worked.:cry:

DL is critical in wolfpack operations and a fantastic asset for the Ka50. It really should be a priority for this module.

Thanks.

Too much is broken in 2.5.1 and not only in the open beta version, since most of the bugs with the KA-50 and A-10C and 3rd party modules also exist in the release version.

2.5 is in my view not ready to replace 1.5.8, which now has become unsupported.

Old modules has seen alot of bugs introduced, like datalink for both the KA-50 and A-10C.

Cockpits in various modules cannot be used, like inop button lights in the KA-50. Functions that worked in other modules, like the RB-15F in the AJS-37 Viggen also has become inop.

If these issues only where present in the open beta, then there is an excuse, but most of these exist in the release version.

Seems to mee that too much focus right now is put on getting the F/A-18 and Strait of Hormus into DCS 2.5

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

2.5 is in my view not ready to replace 1.5.8, which now has become unsupported.

Seems to mee that too much focus right now is put on getting the F/A-18 and Strait of Hormus into DCS 2.5

I agree with you. But I think that if you want 2.5 to be ready as soon as possible, stop supporting 1.5.8 is the right choice.

• ED Team

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback.

The team are looking into this some more, there are still issues to be resolved

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

thanks for the feedback.

The team are looking into this some more, there are still issues to be resolved

any news? thanks

EDIT: Sniped by devs XD

Edited by chromium

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Hey Guys,

Any news on this, Wingman is not sending datalink on reconnaissance since I upgraded to 2.5.2.

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

• 2 months later...