Sling questions

Preendog

The Huey looks pretty sweet, but I am curious about some things before I go for it.

Can you do barrel rolls and swing a slinged object around like a flail?

Also, can a slinged object damage other vehicles or aircraft? Does it break off if it touches something?

Thanks

Yeah, you won't be doing barrel rolls xD

The tether will detach if it exceeds some parameters, and the load will be damaged/destroyed if it collides with anything. Mostly sling loading is an experience of managing the load very carefully, or you will simply lose it or lose control of your helicopter. There won't be any extraordinary options.

If you are new to DCS and helicopters, I suspect you will not be sling-loading any time soon. It is the hardest thing you can do in the helicopters, essentially, and they aren't particularly easy to fly for the newcomer to begin with, drawing from my own experience, of course.

Sling loading is a bit of an art actually in DCS, apart from just flying correctly a chopper which also requires some serious skills. Once you get the last part right, you should be able to try the first one. And in MP, it's always fun at the end of a mission to 'inadvertently' drop a pair of fuel tanks in the rotor of your friend (you need really good friends though :P )