Let's talk the P-51 in combat in DCS - Page 6 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #51
No.119_Bruv (VK-B)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gosport, England
Posts: 39
Default

whilst it is very frustrating to be left for dead in a drag race. It must be really un-American! but I think you can see from the stats it is pretty much split down the middle every tour 50:50 for kills per team. Of course that doesn't factor in the number imbalance at any time but I feel 1vs1 the German stuff has to extend or lose every fight vs a Spit and only the 109K4 can outturn a P51 so they are pretty screwed without an overall speed advantage.



My only advice to people is to take up the other aircraft if you think it is so easy and you might be surprised when it is not.


Pilot skill and teamwork is far more important than the odd 20mph.
__________________
www.thefewsquadron.co.uk/forum
No.119_Bruv (VK-B) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:09 AM   #52
grafspee
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapage View Post
The current match up is pretty even, if you remove MW50 the allies will dominate. The 109K4 will be more like a G6 and the G6 is not good versus its contemporary adversaries.
I disagree, K-4 even w/o MW50 is much better then G6.
Imo there should be possibility to reduce max ata.
For exmple reduce max ata to 1.6 or 1.7 keeping mw50.
But that would be a little ridiculous
Best is just made paid upgrade for p-51 and spit to use 150octane fuel with 75" and 25lbs boost
Problem is in K-4 that you can rock full power at low speeds for almost unlimited time(time is limited by capacity of mw50 tank), this is another thing, which dont fit in to realistic engines models.
On other side p-51 and spit you have to back throttle from time to time to avoid overheating.
I was flying on burning skies yesterday i dont know how many times both my magnetos were knock out from behind shot. Common damage in p-51 is gavernor and magnetos from my experience.

Last edited by grafspee; 08-16-2019 at 06:32 AM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:20 AM   #53
Aurelius
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mountain View, CA - USA
Posts: 374
Default

Tried again tonight offline to burn out the Dora engine on MW50. It ran out of gas but never burned up or seized.

__________________
The beauty of the Multiverse can best be appreciated by learning the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ...... mathematics.

Be careful when driving on the roads, almost half the people you drive past or beside have below average intelligence.

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Odyssey Plus, testing Index

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 AM   #54
Aurelius
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mountain View, CA - USA
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.119_Bruv (VK-B) View Post
whilst it is very frustrating to be left for dead in a drag race. It must be really un-American! but I think you can see from the stats it is pretty much split down the middle every tour 50:50 for kills per team. Of course that doesn't factor in the number imbalance at any time but I feel 1vs1 the German stuff has to extend or lose every fight vs a Spit and only the 109K4 can outturn a P51 so they are pretty screwed without an overall speed advantage.



My only advice to people is to take up the other aircraft if you think it is so easy and you might be surprised when it is not.


Pilot skill and teamwork is far more important than the odd 20mph.
Still fiddling and forming an opinion slowly Bruv. I could be totally wrong here (probably am) but I suspect once I get the Dora up and in combat shape, ....it's going to be bad news for blue team Mainly bc I never have to worry about my engine going out and I get to decide when to break off the engagement, LOL. (It certainly won't be due to my piloting skills, ...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)
__________________
The beauty of the Multiverse can best be appreciated by learning the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ...... mathematics.

Be careful when driving on the roads, almost half the people you drive past or beside have below average intelligence.

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Odyssey Plus, testing Index

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:39 AM   #55
Aurelius
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mountain View, CA - USA
Posts: 374
Default

I gotta say too, something that really surprises me about the Dora pilots I have fought online, they don't seem to take advantage of the roll rate usually. One of the great things about the Dora is that even if someone sneaks right up on your six and opens up, you can simply roll it and change direction and then reverse and pull away before they can. That ability to change your gradient vector quickly means that even the nimble spit cannot pull with you, and then you hit MW50 and pull away. A bit surprised that more guys aren't using this?
__________________
The beauty of the Multiverse can best be appreciated by learning the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ...... mathematics.

Be careful when driving on the roads, almost half the people you drive past or beside have below average intelligence.

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Odyssey Plus, testing Index

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW

Last edited by Aurelius; 08-16-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #56
grafspee
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
I gotta say too, something that really surprises me about the Dora pilots I have fought online, they don't seem to take advantage of the roll rate usually. One of the great things about the Dora is that even if someone sneaks right up on your six and opens up, you can simply roll it and change direction and then reverse and pull away before they can. That ability to change your gradient vector quickly means that even the nimble spit cannot pull with you, and then you hit MW50 and pull away. I bit surprised that more guys aren't using this?
Believe me, I tried it many times,it is very hard to successfully execute this.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #57
Aurelius
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mountain View, CA - USA
Posts: 374
Default

I'm going to put this here instead of in the multiplayer section bc I do not believe that section gets the reads that the P-51 section does. I keep having intermittent crashes in VR with Burning Skies. I never have a lock up or problem offline with my Rift or Reverb but online at Burning Skies sometimes it works fine for hours and other times, three mins in and my headset goes completely black and game over. Is this a common occurrence?
__________________
The beauty of the Multiverse can best be appreciated by learning the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ...... mathematics.

Be careful when driving on the roads, almost half the people you drive past or beside have below average intelligence.

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Odyssey Plus, testing Index

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:32 AM   #58
Aurelius
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mountain View, CA - USA
Posts: 374
Default

If someone tags you in Burning Skies and your plane suffers light damage but you go back to your base and land it, do they receive credit for a kill? (Twice today, K-4 pilots have pulled snapshots on me but I had almost no damage and landed later and they $#%#@#! received credit for killing me when they did no such thing.)
__________________
The beauty of the Multiverse can best be appreciated by learning the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ...... mathematics.

Be careful when driving on the roads, almost half the people you drive past or beside have below average intelligence.

i9-7960X - ROG Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB 3600 MHz - GTX 2080 Ti SLI - VKB GF MCG Pro - Warthog /CH Pro Throttle - Slaw RX Viper Pedals - Rift S/Odyssey Plus, testing Index

Flying online as "Aurelius" in IL2 1946, IL BOS, ROF and DCSW
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:43 AM   #59
grafspee
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
If someone tags you in Burning Skies and your plane suffers light damage but you go back to your base and land it, do they receive credit for a kill? (Twice today, K-4 pilots have pulled snapshots on me but I had almost no damage and landed later and they $#%#@#! received credit for killing me when they did no such thing.)
no, but bugs happen sometimes
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:42 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.