Custom kneeboard page?

BlacleyCole

Where do they go I have forgotten I’m looking for airframe specific mission specific and terrain specific where do each go exactly I know the higher up the chair more they show up I would like to organize by kb pages specific to the level it needs like terrain maps and approach plates in the terrain directory, -10 cl in the aircraft directory, mission specific pages like route map, 9 line, and ifr forms. The only higher would be kB cmds controller maps would go in ac dir. same with emergency cl,and unit pubs if you only fly one plane I’m thinking the mods folder under ovgme could place the current ones also. I’m thinking that with multiplayer’s and actual breifings being done that one of the briefer could create custom mission kn pages and be disimulated by ovgme.am I wrong that ovgme could install the mission kneeboard pages if it had them to the correct ac ?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I tik I figured it out it’s in the saved games dcs directories for ac specific pages go in the kneeboard directory under the ac same for maps, I’m not sure how to put mission specific pages in yet except to add it to one of the two kneeboard directories I listed above.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I tik I figured it out it’s in the saved games dcs directories for ac specific pages go in the kneeboard directory under the ac same for maps, I’m not sure how to put mission specific pages in yet except to add it to one of the two kneeboard directories I listed above.

The kneeboards of most DCS' aircrafts can be composed of images stored on these places:

- The aircraft Mod folder .. this are built in kneeboard pages specific for this aircraft.

- The saved games/dcs/kneeboard/aircraft/ ... this is where you can put aircraft procedures and the like.

- The kneeboard folder on Mod/terrain, this is where ED has put the airfields diagrams for each map.

- A kneeboard folder stored within the .miz file ... you can create it there using a tool like 7-zip, creating the following folder structure allows a picture to show up in the kneeboard of the specified aircraft.

KNEEBOARD/<Aircraft>/IMAGES/<picture.png>

Here you can put mission specific pages, for each player aircraft used on the mission ... except the Viggen and the MiG-21, who use custom code for the kneeboard.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Great it can be placed in the miz filethanks a lot that makes life easier

Put ac cL and manual if desired in the ac vkb folder put airfield and general area maps in the terrain kB folder and add mission specific maps and n9 line data ir ifr form in miz kB folder

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

• 9 months later...

All the kneeboard folders work but I would like to have separate kneeboards for the coalition (BLUE/RED). That would make it easier to provide mission-critical imagery for each side. Would be better than the briefing images.

EDIT:

Like this: Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\BLUE

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\RED

Edited by HiJack

• 4 months later...

I have my per-aircraft kneeboard folders and everything is working great via my savedgames/dcsworld openbeta/kneeboard/ (FA-18C, UH-1H, ETC).

But does anyone know of a way to designated specific "TERRAIN" folders so my NTTR Custom Arrival Kneeboard doesn't show up on other maps, and such?

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But does anyone know of a way to designated specific "TERRAIN" folders so my NTTR Custom Arrival Kneeboard doesn't show up on other maps, and such?

You have to place those not on saved games, but on the program’s folder ... at /dcs/mods/terrain/nevada/kneeboard .. there is a default set of VAD charts there, you can delete those and put you own. Use a mod manager for this, so that you can re-apply if the files are deleted when dcs updates.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB