Saitek X55 - Hornet Speed Brake - SBK Switch

Hi

I would like to use the Switch SBK on my Hotas for the Hornet. But the stupid thing is, that the switch is only a one button switch. At the moment, I can only extend the Air Brake or retract it. Even with Hotas Software I didn't found any config which can do that properly. Has anyone found a solution to use the SBK Switch for Air Brake ?

Well this works for me

attachment.php?attachmentid=186582&stc=1&d=1528156775

This is also how I did it, but I set the time to run at 3 sec to make sure the brake had fully deployed or retracted.

Just make sure you dont press any buttons whilst its running the macro else it gets interrupted and stops the brake moving in/out fully which can be a pain on the next deployment.

I made a thread about this last week requesting a fully deploy/retract option in game and they said they would look into it.

This is also how I did it, but I set the time to run at 3 sec to make sure the brake had fully deployed or retracted.

Just make sure you dont press any buttons whilst its running the macro else it gets interrupted and stops the brake moving in/out fully which can be a pain on the next deployment.

I made a thread about this last week requesting a fully deploy/retract option in game and they said they would look into it.

Edit "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lua", and put this in on line 8 (below the line that starts with "join")

{ down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('_Custom'), _('HOTAS')} },

it should add a new keybind "Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT" in a category called "_Custom".

This will extend the speedbrake when you push it, and retract it when released. Making it perfect for the x55 "slider"/speedbrake switch.

Edit "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lua", and put this in on line 8 (below the line that starts with "join")

{ down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('_Custom'), _('HOTAS')} },

it should add a new keybind "Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT" in a category called "_Custom".

This will extend the speedbrake when you push it, and retract it when released. Making it perfect for the x55 "slider"/speedbrake switch.

Legend!

Will this break the integrity check though?

1.) Does it break IntegrityCheck?

2.) Could you please post the code for a speedbreak-toggle?

1st one-click-press=SpeedBreak Extend to 100%

2nd one-click-press=SpeedBreak Retract to 0 %

(maybe with just to stop motion of the speedbreak when button press during the motion)

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had this working before, but with the new update it won't allow me to set a command. Is there a new workaround for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Sounds like you made a syntax error, like forgetting the comma at the end of the line of code, or you pasted it in the wrong position inside the file. So you made the file invalid. Hard to tell exactly what it is without seeing the file.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Hey guys can this Custom Command be used for the A10-C???

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

So I have found that this mod cant be used with the A10,,

However in doing this hunt I have found an easier way to MAP the f14...

I've used the spoiler Tags as it makes it easier to read.. once opened..

you need modify this line

{ up=device_commands.SPEEDBRAKE_ExtendRetract, pressed=device_commands.SPEEDBRAKE_ExtendRetract, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, value_up=0.0, value_pressed=1.0, name=_('Speed brake extend'), category=_('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

to look like this one

The only defference is that the first value is now "-1.0" instead of "0.0"

{ up=device_commands.SPEEDBRAKE_ExtendRetract, pressed=device_commands.SPEEDBRAKE_ExtendRetract, cockpit_device_id=devices.GEARHOOK, value_up=-1.0, value_pressed=1.0, name=_('Speed brake extend'), category=_('Gears, brakes, and hook')},

What this will do in the F14 is create a second line in your adjust controllers in a way duplicating the extend Option. and turn the label of the option orange/red...

use the first option to set your Slider... and when you ue the slider(latch) the speed brake will come out/extend and when you release the Latch/Slider the Speed brake will retract..

This work on my X-56..

I'm not sure if this files get over written with updates and I'm not sure if I can place these into the saved games folder..

I'll be looking at that next.

The rest of the spoilers is just my sig..

showing system build as of 2 years ago...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

...I'm not sure if this files get over written with updates and I'm not sure if I can place these into the saved games folder..

The modified files get overwritten with updates, and with Repair.

You need to back them up so you can move them back in after the update/repair. The OvGM tool is probably the best help you can get to manage this.

But there is another potential complication, especially for relatively "young" modules like the F/A-18 and F-16: As more features are added to the module, lines are added to the "default.lua" files, and sometimes (more rarely) lines are corrected or otherwise changed. Notepad++ makes it easy to find changes and to decide what to do about them (Menu item "Plug-ins/Compare).

There are two possible approaches:

1. update your modified file with the changes

2. add your custom lines of code to the new original file. To do that, it's good practice to have all custom lines of code in one contiguous block.

PS: as of today, the "default.lua" files cannot be put under "Saved Games" (well you can put them there but they won't do anything)

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

well thats great so that sucks for those of us that use custom edited files to get custom configurations and mixes of controllers working...

I'm now finding all the changes I have made to the input files..

every plane I fly needs this speed brake work done as I dont use the profiler for one controller and another profiler for a different contoller..

Targs,

Moduls

I have lots of modified files, but it doesn't suck because I use OvGME to manage the back-out/move-in before/after updates.

The only thing that sucks a little is when the original files are changed (see my previous post).

I can only recommend you use OvGME. You can download the set-up:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3591150&postcount=6

LeCuvier