geting new pc

Since about to get a new pc this week and dont want to get into any major hassles on re installing dcs and other addons etc

Is this the way to go about it manually deactivated each aircraft you got and any maps than re install to the new pc?

Why would you want to do that?

I built a new rig and just reinstalled, logged into my account, re-downloaded everything (but i don't have a data cap). I bet you could even copy the directory over and skip 99% of the downloading.

also, this doesn't belong in this forum.

Need to deactivate each module and copy the code, otherwise you will burn 1activation for each of the modules. It's no big deal, should be done in 2 minutes. Enjoy the new rig :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Yes.

Deactivate all modules you can.

Move DCS folder and game's save folder to new PC and activate modules.

Play.

thx for that and i will be doing a fresh install of every thing since i want a clean install and dont want anything being transferred from my old pc to my new one. It might take abit of extra time :)

... i want a clean install and dont want anything being transferred from my old pc to my new one.

At the very least, keep a copy of the /saved games/dcs/ folder, so you can later get your hotas config restored, rather than redoing it from scratch, and also to keep your logbook and campaign status.

DCS doesnt really needs a clean install, thanks to its wonderful dcs_updater.exe utility .. you perform a "dcs_updater cleanup" followed by a "dcs_updater repair" and the dcs program folder will be exactly like a new install.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB